Trey Gowdy Has Questions for the Press on Benghazi

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
It's a toss up whether I like Issa or Gowdy more. But he asks some excellent questions. Anyone happen to know the answers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good questions. Especially the ones about security being neglected, ignored, and reduced in the months before the big attack.

Of course, it's silly to expect the media to put out any effort to answer them.

To get the answers, what exactly can Gowdy do to get through the lies, evasions, and stonewalling by Democrats, that the old committee wasn't able to do?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's a toss up whether I like Issa or Gowdy more. But he asks some excellent questions. Anyone happen to know the answers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A1jeJmeeMjs

First question asked was why was Stevens in Benghazi.

The Board found that Ambassador Stevens made the decision to travel to Benghazi independently of Washington, per standard practice. Timing for his trip was driven in part by commitments in Tripoli, as well as a staffing gap between principal officers in Benghazi.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

Stevens' diary was found on the steps of the consulate:
The journal shows Stevens was grateful to be back in Benghazi and eagerly watching democracy slowly sprouting in the northern African nation. He had last visited Benghazi nine months before when he snuck in the country in the midst of the popular uprising against dictator Moammar Gadhafi.

Ambassador Chris Stevens? Benghazi Diary Published - ABC News

The journal entry on September 11th begins, “It is so nice to be back in Benghazi.” On this day he met with Naeem Jabril, an appellate court judge, and afterwards with Mahmoud Mufti, a shipping company owner. Then there was a meeting with Ali Akin, the Turkish Consul General. Frustratingly, the journal does not mention what topics were discussed, but Stevens does note that Ali Akin, “helped me land in Benghazi last year.”

Ambassador Chris Stevens' Benghazi Diary | SOFREP

Sen. Lindsey Graham stated on the Senate floor last week that Chris "was in Benghazi because that is where he was supposed to be doing what America wanted him to do: Try to hold Libya together."

Gregory Hicks: Benghazi and the Smearing of Chris Stevens - WSJ.com

Yep, I saw him in an interview last night, from what he said is will be conducting depositions instead of open committee hearings where each questioner only gets 5 minutes. He said depositions are a much more appropriate tool to get at the truth, they prevent the political side shows in front of the cameras. He is an experienced prosecutor who knows how to properly investigate and what ever the truth is, I sincerely hope he finds it.

My own personal favorites, of the questions Gowdy asked the press:

* Do you know why we were the last flag flying in Benghazi, after the British had left, and the Red Cross had been bombed?

* Do you know why requests for additional security, were denied?

* Do you know why an Ambassador asking for more security, days and weeks before he was murdered, and those requests went unheeded... do you know why those requests went unheeded?

* Do you know why no assets were deployed, during the siege? And I’ve hear the “explanation”, which defies logic frankly, that we “couldn’t have gotten there in time”. But you know, they didn’t know when it was going to end. So how could you possibly cite that as an excuse?

* Do you know whether the President called any of our allies, and said, “Can you help? We have been under attack.” Can you answer that?

--------------------------------------

Naturally, the press has displayed no curiosity, no interest in finding the answers to these questions. It's not as if it's their job.

Or is it?

I hope Gowdy will fill in where the media has dropped out, and find these answers.

Is there anything he can do to get past the Democrat lies, evasions, and stonewalling, that the old committee didn't already try?

Last edited:
Yep, I saw him in an interview last night, from what he said is will be conducting depositions instead of open committee hearings where each questioner only gets 5 minutes. He said depositions are a much more appropriate tool to get at the truth, they prevent the political side shows in front of the cameras. He is an experienced prosecutor who knows how to properly investigate and what ever the truth is, I sincerely hope he finds it.

Might these depositions help get past the lies, evasions, and stonewalling of the Democrats?

My own personal favorites, of the questions Gowdy asked the press:

* Do you know why we were the last flag flying in Benghazi, after the British had left, and the Red Cross had been bombed?

* Do you know why requests for additional security, were denied?

* Do you know why an Ambassador asking for more security, days and weeks before he was murdered, and those requests went unheeded... do you know why those requests went unheeded?

* Do you know why no assets were deployed, during the siege? And I’ve hear the “explanation”, which defies logic frankly, that we “couldn’t have gotten there in time”. But you know, they didn’t know when it was going to end. So how could you possibly cite that as an excuse?

* Do you know whether the President called any of our allies, and said, “Can you help? We have been under attack.” Can you answer that?

--------------------------------------

Naturally, the press has displayed no curiosity, no interest in finding the answers to these questions. It's not as if it's their job.

Or is it?

I hope Gowdy will fill in where the media has dropped out, and find these answers.

Is there anything he can do to get past the Democrat lies, evasions, and stonewalling, that the old committee didn't already try?

Not only why were 2 requests for extra security turned down but who specifically turned them down?

Last edited:

I have been impressed and excited by Trey Gowdy for the past two years. A better choice could not have been made. He was a prosecutor for 16 years. ( or was it 20...forgot ) and he is experienced at getting to the truth. :clap2: I respect Issa, too. Big time.

Gowdy for president in `16?

[MENTION][/MENTION]
Good questions. Especially the ones about security being neglected, ignored, and reduced in the months before the big attack.

Of course, it's silly to expect the media to put out any effort to answer them.

To get the answers, what exactly can Gowdy do to get through the lies, evasions, and stonewalling by Democrats, that the old committee wasn't able to do?

What I'd do is reach out to the families and have them demanding that from the media. I'm just sayin.

Might these depositions help get past the lies, evasions, and stonewalling of the Democrats?

They will have full subpoena powers and the depositions will be under oath, of course DOJ is responsible for prosecuting anyone held in contempt so you know where that will go. The law says that anyone found in contempt of congress will be presented to a grand jury for possible indictment by DOJ and you saw how well that worked with Holder and will soon see how it works with Lerner. One thing you can depend on with this administration, they will find excuses not to prosecute one of their own.

Last edited:
Brilliant.

But you can't insult a whore. And that is EXACTLY what the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM is....

Whores. Whores without honor, without character, without decency and without ANY moral compass at all.

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM are demagogues. Period.

Sorry to be the turd in the Punch Bowl people, but those scum are NEVER going to change.

Never.

It IS what they are. It is encoded into their DNA.

Period

One little question. Why was nothing Rep. Gowdy said about the talking points changed. I thought that was the whole "Benghazi scandal" focus. So now the President didn't change the talking points?

One little question. Why was nothing Rep. Gowdy said about the talking points changed. I thought that was the whole "Benghazi scandal" focus. So now the President didn't change the talking points?

Of course not , its the tarnish Hillary show & trash Obama hour :eusa_liar:

First question asked was why was Stevens in Benghazi.

The Board found that Ambassador Stevens made the decision to travel to Benghazi independently of Washington, per standard practice. Timing for his trip was driven in part by commitments in Tripoli, as well as a staffing gap between principal officers in Benghazi.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

Stevens' diary was found on the steps of the consulate:

Ambassador Chris Stevens? Benghazi Diary Published - ABC News

The journal entry on September 11th begins, “It is so nice to be back in Benghazi.” On this day he met with Naeem Jabril, an appellate court judge, and afterwards with Mahmoud Mufti, a shipping company owner. Then there was a meeting with Ali Akin, the Turkish Consul General. Frustratingly, the journal does not mention what topics were discussed, but Stevens does note that Ali Akin, “helped me land in Benghazi last year.”

Ambassador Chris Stevens' Benghazi Diary | SOFREP

Sen. Lindsey Graham stated on the Senate floor last week that Chris "was in Benghazi because that is where he was supposed to be doing what America wanted him to do: Try to hold Libya together."

Gregory Hicks: Benghazi and the Smearing of Chris Stevens - WSJ.com
Notice how they ignore this.

The federal media is shameful. When the shit hits the fan they will be on the hook.

Forum List

Back