Treatment of Christians by Muslims

At the time of the creation of the Israeli state in 1948, it is estimated that the Christians of Palestine numbered some 350,000. Almost 20 percent of the total population at the time, they constituted a vibrant and ancient community; their forbears had listened to St. Peter in Jerusalem as he preached at the first Pentecost. Yet Zionist doctrine held that Palestine was “a land without a people for a people without a land.” Of the 750,000 Palestinians that were forced from their homes in 1948, some 50,000 were Christians—7 percent of the total number of refugees and 35 percent of the total number of Christians living in Palestine at the time.

In the process of “Judaizing” Palestine, numerous convents, hospices, seminaries, and churches were either destroyed or cleared of their Christian owners and custodians. In one of the most spectacular attacks on a Christian target, on May 17, 1948, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate was shelled with about 100 mortar rounds—launched by Zionist forces from the already occupied monastery of the Benedictine Fathers on Mount Zion. The bombardment also damaged St. Jacob’s Convent, the Archangel’s Convent, and their appended churches, their two elementary and seminary schools, as well as their libraries, killing eight people and wounding 120.

The American Conservative -- Forgotten Christians

The fight for Jerusalem has been going on longer than since 1948.

Guess you never heard of The Crusades.

Muslims want to turn the tables on Jews and Christians and the Jews don't want to go gentle into that goodnight.

At the time of the creation of the Israeli state in 1948, it is estimated that the Christians of Palestine numbered some 350,000. Almost 20 percent of the total population at the time, they constituted a vibrant and ancient community; their forbears had listened to St. Peter in Jerusalem as he preached at the first Pentecost. Yet Zionist doctrine held that Palestine was “a land without a people for a people without a land.” Of the 750,000 Palestinians that were forced from their homes in 1948, some 50,000 were Christians—7 percent of the total number of refugees and 35 percent of the total number of Christians living in Palestine at the time.

In the process of “Judaizing” Palestine, numerous convents, hospices, seminaries, and churches were either destroyed or cleared of their Christian owners and custodians. In one of the most spectacular attacks on a Christian target, on May 17, 1948, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate was shelled with about 100 mortar rounds—launched by Zionist forces from the already occupied monastery of the Benedictine Fathers on Mount Zion. The bombardment also damaged St. Jacob’s Convent, the Archangel’s Convent, and their appended churches, their two elementary and seminary schools, as well as their libraries, killing eight people and wounding 120.

Muslims want to turn the tables on Jews and Christians and the Jews don't want to go gentle into that goodnight.

Muslims want to turn the tables on Jews and Christians...

In this conflict, the Muslims and Christians are on the same side being attacked by the Jews.

Muslims want to turn the tables on Jews and Christians...

In this conflict, the Muslims and Christians are on the same side being attacked by the Jews.

"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
"PF Tinmore is off the scale"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8D87oAgas]Christians United for Israel - YouTube[/ame]

AINA) — Thousands of Muslims attacked and besieged Copts in elGhorayzat village, population 80,000, killing two Copts and severely wounding others, as well as looting and torching homes and businesses. A quarrel between a Copt, John Hosni, and Mahmoud Abdel-Nazeer, who later died in hospital, turned into collective punishment of all Copts in the majority Christian village of elGhorayzat, in the Maragha district of Sohag province. Muslims vowed not to bury Abdel-Nazeer until John Hosni is punished. Mr. Hosni fled from the village with his family, “fearing a wholesale massacre of Copts,” reported activist Mariam Ragy.

Hmmmmm. This sort of thing happens even in the USA, just use different wordds.
Did my auto spell check screw that up or what:

Really? When have thousands of Christians *descended* upon China town or Dearborn Michigan, and *started* attacking non Christians? And when have religious Christians blown up mosques, synagogues and temples "all the time", slaughtering people while they are praying? I'm dying to know.

Talk about being dense. Do you actually go through a thought process before you post, or does the BS just come spewing out?

Are you forgetting or ignorant that the Gold Medal in genocide and mass murder in the 20th century goes to Atheism? And this just the communists and maxists alone. We're not even bringing in the Nazis, who considered themselves atheists.

Mass killings under Communist regimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The highest death tolls that have been documented in communist states occurred in the Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin, in the People's Republic of China under Mao Zedong, and in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge. The estimates of the number of non-combatants killed by these three regimes alone range from a low of 21 million to a high of 70 million.[dubious – discuss][2] There have also been killings on a smaller scale in North Korea, Vietnam, and some Eastern European and African countries.

"Of all religions, secular and otherwise," Rummel positions Marxism as "by far the bloodiest – bloodier than the Catholic Inquisition, the various Catholic crusades, and the Thirty Years War between Catholics and Protestants. In practice, Marxism has meant bloody terrorism, deadly purges, lethal prison camps and murderous forced labor, fatal deportations, man-made famines, extrajudicial executions and fraudulent show trials, outright mass murder and genocide."[26] He writes that in practice the Marxists saw the construction of their utopia as "a war on poverty, exploitation, imperialism and inequality – and, as in a real war, noncombatants would unfortunately get caught in the battle. There would be necessary enemy casualties: the clergy, bourgeoisie, capitalists, 'wreckers', intellectuals, counterrevolutionaries, rightists, tyrants, the rich and landlords. As in a war, millions might die, but these deaths would be justified by the end, as in the defeat of Hitler in World War II. To the ruling Marxists, the goal of a communist utopia was enough to justify all the deaths."[26]

In his book Red Holocaust, Steven Rosefielde argues that communism's internal contradictions "caused to be killed" approximately 60 million people and perhaps tens of millions more, and that this "Red Holocaust" – the peacetime mass killings and other related crimes against humanity perpetrated by Communist leaders such as Joseph Stalin, Kim Il Sung, Mao Tse-tung, Ho Chi Minh and Pol Pot—should be the centerpiece of any net assessment of communism. He states that the aforementioned leaders are "collectively guilty of holocaust-scale felonious homicides."[27]

Death and mass murder thanks to harmful, radical, and militant ultra-nationalist/communist ideology, not mass murder thanks to atheism.

You don't need to believe in a specific god in order to realize that murder and killing is wrong.

And the phrase "specific" is important because I think it's the claim that we know specifics about the gods we worship is what leads to our problems. If we could all just acknowledge that there may be a god, yet no one really knows any details for sure (which is the truth), there would be a lot less religious violence.
Huh? First you blame religion for all the genocides and mass murder in history, and after I show you that atheists who call themselves communists or Marxists or Nazis have shown to have a greater capacity for genocide, you now want to ban all forms of "nationalism"? So I guess if we're all one big Godless country, then all the problems in the world will be solved. Now where have I heard that one before?

Quick question: is it possible for someone to simply follow the teachings of Jesus Christ without having to worship him as the "Son of God"? Can people "love thy neighbor" without having to believe in the ark, garden of Eden, ect?

That's what I'm getting at.

I'm not saying erase all learnings from religion completely, just drop the supernatural stuff.

What's wrong with suggesting that?

Last edited:
Death and mass murder thanks to harmful, radical, and militant ultra-nationalist/communist ideology, not mass murder thanks to atheism.

You don't need to believe in a specific god in order to realize that murder and killing is wrong.

And the phrase "specific" is important because I think it's the claim that we know specifics about the gods we worship is what leads to our problems. If we could all just acknowledge that there may be a god, yet no one really knows any details for sure (which is the truth), there would be a lot less religious violence.
Huh? First you blame religion for all the genocides and mass murder in history, and after I show you that atheists who call themselves communists or Marxists or Nazis have shown to have a greater capacity for genocide, you now want to ban all forms of "nationalism"? So I guess if we're all one big Godless country, then all the problems in the world will be solved. Now where have I heard that one before?

Quick question: is it possible for someone to simply follow the teachings of Jesus Christ without having to worship him as the "Son of God"? Can people "love thy neighbor" without having to believe in the ark, garden of Eden, ect?

I'm not saying erase all learnings from religion completely, just drop the supernatural stuff.

What's the big deal in suggesting that?

Nothing at all. Belief in God is not determined by how much one donates to the Church or membership at the synogogue. Belief in Jesus' humanist teachings is way more important than belief in religion.

Do you really live under a rock? Can you be unaware of the exodus of Christians from the Mideast in general? Eighty years ago Lebanon was 54% Christian. Today it is only 40% Christian (source: CIA Factbook). Lebanon hasn't done a formal census since 1932 for fear of upseting their Muslims. The fact is, the ONLY country in the Mideast in which the Christian population is growing is - drum roll, please - ISRAEL.

The author, Anders Strindberg, may well have a less than honest agenda (much like you, Tinhorn):
CAMERA: Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America
"In an Op-Ed that was published in the Christian Science Monitor on August 1, 2006, "Hizbullah's attacks stem from Israeli incursions into Lebanon," Anders Strindberg turns truth on its head by blaming Israel for the current situation while exonerating Hizballah and Hamas, groups designated as terrorist organizations by the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Israel. He echoes the terrorists’ propaganda both in his underlying premise that Israel’s very existence is invalid and in his unsubstantiated allegations and misrepresentations against the Jewish State."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bemlJoJQi5A]Beit Jala Protest Part 1/3 (near Bethlehem) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOrC43leCv8&feature=related]Beit Jala Protest Part 2/3 (near Bethlehem) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhd3gjDnM8&feature=relmfu]Beit Jala Protest Part 3/3 (near Bethlehem) - YouTube[/ame]

Hmmmmm. This sort of thing happens even in the USA, just use different wordds.

Really? When have thousands of Christians *descended* upon China town or Dearborn Michigan, and *started* attacking non Christians? And when have religious Christians blown up mosques, synagogues and temples "all the time", slaughtering people while they are praying? I'm dying to know.
well they do pretty good at blowing up abortion clinics

Where does the Bible say to do that, genius?

The left always tries to compare Christians to Islamic terrorists. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

What's wrong with suggesting that?
Yes, that would be Judaism. Jesus never preached a new religion, he was a practicing Jew, preaching what he thought was Judaism. The ideas he spoke were not new to Jews, but they were to the gentile Romans, who practiced Mithraism. Today, he would be considered a reform rabbi.

Do you really live under a rock? Can you be unaware of the exodus of Christians from the Mideast in general? Eighty years ago Lebanon was 54% Christian. Today it is only 40% Christian (source: CIA Factbook). Lebanon hasn't done a formal census since 1932 for fear of upseting their Muslims. The fact is, the ONLY country in the Mideast in which the Christian population is growing is - drum roll, please - ISRAEL.

Nice deflection.

Israel treats Christians and Muslims equally because they are equally not Jews.

Nice deflection.

Israel treats Christians and Muslims equally because they are equally not Jews.
"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
"PF Tinmore is off the scale"

Tashbih Sayyed, Muslim Pakistani scholar, journalist, and author and former Editor in Chief of Our Times, Pakistan Today, and The Muslim World Today Muslim World Today: Front Page 1222005

A Muslim In Israel...
As our air-conditioned bus negotiated the mountainous curves of the road to the heart of Galilee, I could not miss the rising minarets identifying a number of Palestinian Arab towns dotting the hillsides. The imposing domes of mosques underlined the freedoms that are enjoyed by the Muslims in the Jewish State. Large Arab residences, wide spread construction activity and big cars underlined the prosperity and affluence of Palestinians living under the Star of David.

Aware of the constraints that a non-Wahhabi is faced with while performing religious rituals in Saudi Arabia, Kiran (my wife) could not hide her surprise at the freedoms and ease with which peoples of all religions and faiths were carrying out their religious obligations at the Church of the holy Sepulcher, Garden Tomb, Sea of Galilee, newly discovered Western Wall Tunnels, Western Wall, tomb of King David and all the other holy places we visited.

All religious communities in Israel enjoy the full protection of the State. Israeli Arabs—Muslims, as well as many Christian denominations—are free to exercise their faiths, to observe their own weekly day of rest and holidays and to administer their own internal affairs. Some 80,000 Druze live in 22 villages in northern Israel. Their religion is not accessible to outsiders and Druze constitute a separate cultural, social and religious Arabic-speaking community. The Druze concept of taqiyya calls for complete loyalty by its adherents to the government of the country in which they reside. As such, among other things, the Druze serve in the Israel Defense Forces. Each religious community in Israel has its own religious councils and courts, and has full jurisdiction over religious affairs, including matters of personal status, such as marriage and divorce. The holy sites of all religions are administered by their own authorities and protected by the government.

I find it very amusing that those who complain about Israel's so called treatment of Palestinians never ever bring these kinds of incidents up, that happen on a regular basis. Now why is that?

Thousands of Muslims Attack Christians in Egypt, 2 Killed, Homes and Stores Torched

(AINA) — Thousands of Muslims attacked and besieged Copts in elGhorayzat village, population 80,000, killing two Copts and severely wounding others, as well as looting and torching homes and businesses. A quarrel between a Copt, John Hosni, and Mahmoud Abdel-Nazeer, who later died in hospital, turned into collective punishment of all Copts in the majority Christian village of elGhorayzat, in the Maragha district of Sohag province.

Three other Christians, Maher Samir Gota, his wife, and his brother Osama Samir Gota, were severely injured and are in intensive care. They were in their homes when their shop was broken into and looted by Muslims. Maher and his wife were stabbed and Osama received a blow on the head. The ambulance could not go to them to transport them to hospital. He was privately transported by his friends. There were reports of Muslims preventing the fire brigades from reaching the burning homes.

After killing the Copts, Muslims went on a rampage, looting and burning Christian owned homes and businesses.

I think that the most effective way to completely end religious intolerance & religious violence is to just - collectively - quit believing in religions all together. I know it's kind of a radical thing to propose, & a hopelessly difficult thing to execute, but it would work without a doubt.

Just that easy..

The world would instantly be a more happier place, in my opinion.

:eusa_whistle:

I don't know if I necessarily agree, even before Islam and Christianity existed we still had wars and killed each other.

I find it very amusing that those who complain about Israel's so called treatment of Palestinians never ever bring these kinds of incidents up, that happen on a regular basis. Now why is that?

Thousands of Muslims Attack Christians in Egypt, 2 Killed, Homes and Stores Torched

(AINA) — Thousands of Muslims attacked and besieged Copts in elGhorayzat village, population 80,000, killing two Copts and severely wounding others, as well as looting and torching homes and businesses. A quarrel between a Copt, John Hosni, and Mahmoud Abdel-Nazeer, who later died in hospital, turned into collective punishment of all Copts in the majority Christian village of elGhorayzat, in the Maragha district of Sohag province.

Three other Christians, Maher Samir Gota, his wife, and his brother Osama Samir Gota, were severely injured and are in intensive care. They were in their homes when their shop was broken into and looted by Muslims. Maher and his wife were stabbed and Osama received a blow on the head. The ambulance could not go to them to transport them to hospital. He was privately transported by his friends. There were reports of Muslims preventing the fire brigades from reaching the burning homes.

After killing the Copts, Muslims went on a rampage, looting and burning Christian owned homes and businesses.

I think that the most effective way to completely end religious intolerance & religious violence is to just - collectively - quit believing in religions all together. I know it's kind of a radical thing to propose, & a hopelessly difficult thing to execute, but it would work without a doubt.

Just that easy..

The world would instantly be a more happier place, in my opinion.

:eusa_whistle:

I don't know if I necessarily agree, even before Islam and Christianity existed we still had wars and killed each other.

Military career of Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where does the Bible say to do that, genius?
it does,nt but tell that to the fundees

Forum List

Back