Treatment of Christians by Muslims

since when has the country,s laws been based on the ten commandments never
only 2 i can think of mudrer and stealing those are illlegal in most civilizations
none of the other 8 apply
if they did most of your leaders would be in jail
all of out laws are SECULAR
GOD IS NOT MENTIONED IN ANY OF THEM
Are you forgetting or ignorant that the Gold Medal in genocide and mass murder in the 20th century goes to Atheism? And this just the communists and maxists alone. We're not even bringing in the Nazis, who considered themselves atheists.

Mass killings under Communist regimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The highest death tolls that have been documented in communist states occurred in the Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin, in the People's Republic of China under Mao Zedong, and in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge. The estimates of the number of non-combatants killed by these three regimes alone range from a low of 21 million to a high of 70 million.[dubious – discuss][2] There have also been killings on a smaller scale in North Korea, Vietnam, and some Eastern European and African countries.

"Of all religions, secular and otherwise," Rummel positions Marxism as "by far the bloodiest – bloodier than the Catholic Inquisition, the various Catholic crusades, and the Thirty Years War between Catholics and Protestants. In practice, Marxism has meant bloody terrorism, deadly purges, lethal prison camps and murderous forced labor, fatal deportations, man-made famines, extrajudicial executions and fraudulent show trials, outright mass murder and genocide."[26] He writes that in practice the Marxists saw the construction of their utopia as "a war on poverty, exploitation, imperialism and inequality – and, as in a real war, noncombatants would unfortunately get caught in the battle. There would be necessary enemy casualties: the clergy, bourgeoisie, capitalists, 'wreckers', intellectuals, counterrevolutionaries, rightists, tyrants, the rich and landlords. As in a war, millions might die, but these deaths would be justified by the end, as in the defeat of Hitler in World War II. To the ruling Marxists, the goal of a communist utopia was enough to justify all the deaths."[26]

In his book Red Holocaust, Steven Rosefielde argues that communism's internal contradictions "caused to be killed" approximately 60 million people and perhaps tens of millions more, and that this "Red Holocaust" – the peacetime mass killings and other related crimes against humanity perpetrated by Communist leaders such as Joseph Stalin, Kim Il Sung, Mao Tse-tung, Ho Chi Minh and Pol Pot—should be the centerpiece of any net assessment of communism. He states that the aforementioned leaders are "collectively guilty of holocaust-scale felonious homicides."[27]

Death and mass murder thanks to harmful, radical, and militant ultra-nationalist/communist ideology, not mass murder thanks to atheism.

You don't need to believe in a specific god in order to realize that murder and killing is wrong.

And the phrase "specific" is important because I think it's the claim that we know specifics about the gods we worship is what leads to our problems. If we could all just aw knowledge that there may be a god, yet no one really knows any details for sure (which is the truth), there would be a lot less religious violence.

The Torah is inscribed on the Liberty Bell: "Proclaim Liberty Throughout The Land"

Can you show us great statements from atheists inscribed in important American institutions? No, I didn't think so. :badgrin:

http://www.nps.gov/inde/liberty-bell-center.htm
Proclaim LIBERTY throughout all the Land unto all the Inhabitants thereof Lev. XXV X
By Order of the ASSEMBLY of the Province of PENSYLVANIA [sic] for the State House in Philadelphia

The Liberty Bell's inscription conveys a message of liberty which goes beyond the words themselves. Since the bell was made, the words of the inscription have meant different things to different people. When William Penn created Pennsylvania's government he allowed citizens to take part in making laws and gave them the right to choose the religion they wanted. The colonists were proud of the freedom that Penn gave them. In 1751, the Speaker of the Pennsylvania Assembly ordered a new bell for the State House. He asked that a Bible verse to be placed on the bell - "Proclaim LIBERTY throughout all the Land unto all the inhabitants thereof" (Leviticus 25:10). As the official bell of the Pennsylvania State House (today called Independence Hall) it rang many times for public announcements.

The old State House bell was first called the "Liberty Bell" by a group trying to outlaw slavery. These abolitionists remembered the words on the bell and, in the 1830s, adopted it as a symbol of their cause.

Beginning in the late 1800s, the Liberty Bell traveled around the country to expositions and fairs to help heal the divisions of the Civil War. It reminded Americans of their earlier days when they fought and worked together for independence.

In 1915, the bell made its last trip and came home to Philadelphia, where it now silently reminds us of the power of liberty. For more than 200 years people from around the world have felt the bell's message. No one can see liberty, but people have used the Liberty Bell to represent this important idea.
Liberty Bell Center - Independence National Historical Park

Last edited:
I find it very amusing that those who complain about Israel's so called treatment of Palestinians never ever bring these kinds of incidents up, that happen on a regular basis. Now why is that?

Thousands of Muslims Attack Christians in Egypt, 2 Killed, Homes and Stores Torched

(AINA) — Thousands of Muslims attacked and besieged Copts in elGhorayzat village, population 80,000, killing two Copts and severely wounding others, as well as looting and torching homes and businesses. A quarrel between a Copt, John Hosni, and Mahmoud Abdel-Nazeer, who later died in hospital, turned into collective punishment of all Copts in the majority Christian village of elGhorayzat, in the Maragha district of Sohag province.

Three other Christians, Maher Samir Gota, his wife, and his brother Osama Samir Gota, were severely injured and are in intensive care. They were in their homes when their shop was broken into and looted by Muslims. Maher and his wife were stabbed and Osama received a blow on the head. The ambulance could not go to them to transport them to hospital. He was privately transported by his friends. There were reports of Muslims preventing the fire brigades from reaching the burning homes.

After killing the Copts, Muslims went on a rampage, looting and burning Christian owned homes and businesses.

I think that the most effective way to completely end religious intolerance & religious violence is to just - collectively - quit believing in religions all together. I know it's kind of a radical thing to propose, & a hopelessly difficult thing to execute, but it would work without a doubt.

Just that easy..

The world would instantly be a more happier place, in my opinion.

:eusa_whistle:

So in order to make you happy we need to give up believing in God. :muahaha:

Think Muslims will go for it?????:slap:

It's not about making me happy, it's about ending a large source of violence and hate in our world today.

KW:
I think that the most effective way to completely end religious intolerance & religious violence is to just - collectively - quit believing in religions all together. I know it's kind of a radical thing to propose, & a hopelessly difficult thing to execute, but it would work without a doubt.

Just that easy..

I can't agree, even though I am not very religious.
Imagine if there were no police force in a society. It would've been a dog eat dog jungle out there.
I myself would drive no less than 140 MPH if it wasn't for the fear of ticket.
That's how it is with religion. Worrying about punishment ( hell) as well as expecting reward (heaven)

Just that easy..

So in order to make you happy we need to give up believing in God. :muahaha:

Think Muslims will go for it?????:slap:

It's not about making me happy, it's about ending a large source of violence and hate in our world today.

Who's hateful and violent?

Torah: Love thy neighbor as thyself

Quran: We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone"

The OT and the Ten commandments are the basis and foundation of Western civilization's ethics, morality, and laws. The translation of the OT into ancient Greek affected Greek civilization and philosophy. Currently you will find the Ten Commmandments in many US state and federal courthouses. In essence most of the laws in any real democracy are an extension of the ten commendents.

I find it very amusing that those who complain about Israel's so called treatment of Palestinians never ever bring these kinds of incidents up, that happen on a regular basis. Now why is that?

Thousands of Muslims Attack Christians in Egypt, 2 Killed, Homes and Stores Torched

(AINA) — Thousands of Muslims attacked and besieged Copts in elGhorayzat village, population 80,000, killing two Copts and severely wounding others, as well as looting and torching homes and businesses. A quarrel between a Copt, John Hosni, and Mahmoud Abdel-Nazeer, who later died in hospital, turned into collective punishment of all Copts in the majority Christian village of elGhorayzat, in the Maragha district of Sohag province.

Three other Christians, Maher Samir Gota, his wife, and his brother Osama Samir Gota, were severely injured and are in intensive care. They were in their homes when their shop was broken into and looted by Muslims. Maher and his wife were stabbed and Osama received a blow on the head. The ambulance could not go to them to transport them to hospital. He was privately transported by his friends. There were reports of Muslims preventing the fire brigades from reaching the burning homes.

After killing the Copts, Muslims went on a rampage, looting and burning Christian owned homes and businesses.

Just that easy..

Except, Western civilization is based on Jewish laws and ethics. Ever hear of the 10 Commandments?

When can you move out of Western civilization? I'll gladly pay your moving costs.

Try English common law.

Mud, that site is a very misleading and full of misinformation and down right lies about Islam and muslims. :doubt:

You don't even know your own so-called religion. No 72 whores in that bordello in the sky for you, dumb motherfucker! :badgrin:
Quran 9:29: Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah[] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Bernard Lewis, The foremost Islamic scholar of the 20th century, Author, "Islam: The Religion And The People," "Islam and The West," "The Emergence Of Modern Turkey," "The Arabs In History," "The Muslim Discovery Of Europe," "Islam In History: Ideas, People, and Events in the Middle East" "The Political Language of Islam," "Islam: From The Prophet Muhammad to the Capture of Constantinople," The Islamic World: From Classical to Modern Times," "The World Of Islam: Faith, People, Culture," "Political Words And Ideas In Islam"
For most of the fourteen centuries of recorded Muslim history, jihad was most commonly interpreted to mean armed struggle for the defense or advancement of Muslim power. In Muslim tradition, the world is divided into two houses: the House of Islam (Dar al-Islam), in which Muslim governments rule and Muslim law prevails, and the House of War (Dar al-Harb), the rest of the world, still inhabited and, more important, ruled by infidels. The presumption is that the duty of jihad will continue, interrupted only by truces, until all the world either adopts the Muslim faith or submits to Muslim rule."

only 2 i can think of mudrer and stealing those are illlegal in most civilizations
Are you forgetting or ignorant that the Gold Medal in genocide and mass murder in the 20th century goes to Atheism? And this just the communists and maxists alone. We're not even bringing in the Nazis, who considered themselves atheists.

The highest death tolls that have been documented in communist states occurred in the Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin, in the People's Republic of China under Mao Zedong, and in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge. The estimates of the number of non-combatants killed by these three regimes alone range from a low of 21 million to a high of 70 million.[dubious – discuss][2] There have also been killings on a smaller scale in North Korea, Vietnam, and some Eastern European and African countries.

"Of all religions, secular and otherwise," Rummel positions Marxism as "by far the bloodiest – bloodier than the Catholic Inquisition, the various Catholic crusades, and the Thirty Years War between Catholics and Protestants. In practice, Marxism has meant bloody terrorism, deadly purges, lethal prison camps and murderous forced labor, fatal deportations, man-made famines, extrajudicial executions and fraudulent show trials, outright mass murder and genocide."[26] He writes that in practice the Marxists saw the construction of their utopia as "a war on poverty, exploitation, imperialism and inequality – and, as in a real war, noncombatants would unfortunately get caught in the battle. There would be necessary enemy casualties: the clergy, bourgeoisie, capitalists, 'wreckers', intellectuals, counterrevolutionaries, rightists, tyrants, the rich and landlords. As in a war, millions might die, but these deaths would be justified by the end, as in the defeat of Hitler in World War II. To the ruling Marxists, the goal of a communist utopia was enough to justify all the deaths."[26]

In his book Red Holocaust, Steven Rosefielde argues that communism's internal contradictions "caused to be killed" approximately 60 million people and perhaps tens of millions more, and that this "Red Holocaust" – the peacetime mass killings and other related crimes against humanity perpetrated by Communist leaders such as Joseph Stalin, Kim Il Sung, Mao Tse-tung, Ho Chi Minh and Pol Pot—should be the centerpiece of any net assessment of communism. He states that the aforementioned leaders are "collectively guilty of holocaust-scale felonious homicides."[27]

Death and mass murder thanks to harmful, radical, and militant ultra-nationalist/communist ideology, not mass murder thanks to atheism.

You don't need to believe in a specific god in order to realize that murder and killing is wrong.

And the phrase "specific" is important because I think it's the claim that we know specifics about the gods we worship is what leads to our problems. If we could all just acknowledge that there may be a god, yet no one really knows any details for sure (which is the truth), there would be a lot less religious violence.
Huh? First you blame religion for all the genocides and mass murder in history, and after I show you that atheists who call themselves communists or Marxists or Nazis have shown to have a greater capacity for genocide, you now want to ban all forms of "nationalism"? So I guess if we're all one big Godless country, then all the problems in the world will be solved. Now where have I heard that one before?

Just that easy..

Yes and no.

Humans generally have shown a propensity to come up with reasons to fear and kill each other. As the OP so aptly demonstrates. The new "hate du jour" for some conservatives in this country..is muslims. And that's after a long list of people that they hated.
Nobody hates Muslims as much as Muslims hate non Muslims. You have it ass backwards. Imagine how much you have to hate, to willingly give up your child to become a suicide bomber. Or hijack a jet airplane and ram it into buildings you show me one faith that does it. It's only Muslims. If Muslims stopped preaching hate and violence maybe the subsequent generations wouldn't be so bloodthirsty.

AINA) — Thousands of Muslims attacked and besieged Copts in elGhorayzat village, population 80,000, killing two Copts and severely wounding others, as well as looting and torching homes and businesses. A quarrel between a Copt, John Hosni, and Mahmoud Abdel-Nazeer, who later died in hospital, turned into collective punishment of all Copts in the majority Christian village of elGhorayzat, in the Maragha district of Sohag province. Muslims vowed not to bury Abdel-Nazeer until John Hosni is punished. Mr. Hosni fled from the village with his family, “fearing a wholesale massacre of Copts,” reported activist Mariam Ragy.

Hmmmmm. This sort of thing happens even in the USA, just use different wordds.

Just that easy..

Yes and no.

Humans generally have shown a propensity to come up with reasons to fear and kill each other. As the OP so aptly demonstrates. The new "hate du jour" for some conservatives in this country..is muslims. And that's after a long list of people that they hated.
Nobody hates Muslims as much as Muslims hate non Muslims. You have it ass backwards. Imagine how much you have to hate, to willingly give up your child to become a suicide bomber. Or hijack a jet airplane and ram it into buildings you show me one faith that does it. It's only Muslims. If Muslims stopped preaching hate and violence maybe the subsequent generations wouldn't be so bloodthirsty.

then what would we do with all of our gung-ho killers? There is only so many pro wrestling matches we can keep them busy on until they turn on the hand that feeds them.

AINA) — Thousands of Muslims attacked and besieged Copts in elGhorayzat village, population 80,000, killing two Copts and severely wounding others, as well as looting and torching homes and businesses. A quarrel between a Copt, John Hosni, and Mahmoud Abdel-Nazeer, who later died in hospital, turned into collective punishment of all Copts in the majority Christian village of elGhorayzat, in the Maragha district of Sohag province. Muslims vowed not to bury Abdel-Nazeer until John Hosni is punished. Mr. Hosni fled from the village with his family, “fearing a wholesale massacre of Copts,” reported activist Mariam Ragy.

Really? When have thousands of Christians decendents upon China town or Dearborn Michigan, and sorted attacking non Christians? And when have religious Christians blown up mosques, synagogues and temples "all the time" slaughtering people while they are praying? I'm dying to know.

Yes and no.

then what would we do with all of our gung-ho killers? There is only so many pro wrestling matches we can keep them busy on until they turn on the hand that feeds them.
Are you another one of those that compare Islamic terrorism and state sponsored intolerance and persecution to what we have here in the US? Trying to do my exposes your ignorance. Its basically a disqualifier, for example, you meet a person in a social event and they start rambling about how it really wasn't Osama bin Laden who did 9-11, you know they have a few screws loose up there .

Perhaps you should hop on a plane and go visit a Muslim country such as Syria, Pakistan, or Saudi Arabia to get a first hand taste of life there. How about I buy you a non refundable one way ticket?

Muslims killing Christians in the USA? Not surprised. A Muslim beheaded his wife in upstate NY.

They're all over like rats.

And the phrase "specific" is important because I think it's the claim that we know specifics about the gods we worship is what leads to our problems. If we could all just acknowledge that there may be a god, yet no one really knows any details for sure (which is the truth), there would be a lot less religious violence.
the nazis were NOT atheists this is a distortion of facts to hide the truth of the catholics support of hitler and his armies

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OymAlnMWGmc]Were the Nazis atheists or Catholics? - YouTube[/ame]

In many debates theists claim that the Nazi regime was an atheist one. This is nothing more than disinformation and propaganda to cover their churches involvement in one more of the human races greatest crimes. This slideshow shows how "friendly" Catholic Clergy were with the Third Reich. There is a reason pope Pious was called "Hitler's pope".

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101127154945AA8rTVA

Last edited:
At the time of the creation of the Israeli state in 1948, it is estimated that the Christians of Palestine numbered some 350,000. Almost 20 percent of the total population at the time, they constituted a vibrant and ancient community; their forbears had listened to St. Peter in Jerusalem as he preached at the first Pentecost. Yet Zionist doctrine held that Palestine was “a land without a people for a people without a land.” Of the 750,000 Palestinians that were forced from their homes in 1948, some 50,000 were Christians—7 percent of the total number of refugees and 35 percent of the total number of Christians living in Palestine at the time.

In the process of “Judaizing” Palestine, numerous convents, hospices, seminaries, and churches were either destroyed or cleared of their Christian owners and custodians. In one of the most spectacular attacks on a Christian target, on May 17, 1948, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate was shelled with about 100 mortar rounds—launched by Zionist forces from the already occupied monastery of the Benedictine Fathers on Mount Zion. The bombardment also damaged St. Jacob’s Convent, the Archangel’s Convent, and their appended churches, their two elementary and seminary schools, as well as their libraries, killing eight people and wounding 120.

The American Conservative -- Forgotten Christians

Forum List

Back