Transparency, Yah .. Right

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
In the interest of Obama's new found transparency.

Why doesn't he let ,"The People" in on all the back room deals made during the health care legislation. The union deals, the corn husker, Aarp, the Louisiana purchase and so much more that needs transparency? Clean the slate and start again..

Last edited:

Why doesn't he let ,"The People" in on all the back room deals made during the health care legislation. The union deals, the corn husker, Aarp, the Louisiana purchase and so much more that needs transparency? Clean the slate and start again..

:eusa_whistle:

I know pretty much all about these deals, as do most people who don't walk around with their heads up their asses. These deals were shady and completely flew in the face of Obama's promise to change Washington style politics. What more do you want to know about them?

I know pretty much all about these deals, as do most people who don't walk around with their heads up their asses. These deals were shady and completely flew in the face of Obama's promise to change Washington style politics. What more do you want to know about them?

What I would like to know and what we'll probably never know is, what the hell were they thinking when they crafted these "deals"? did they think nobody would notice or that Americans would approve? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot........ especially the deal with the Unions that the President was directly involved in, one has to wonder if Rahm Emanuel slipped something into Barak Obama's coffee that day for him to have been a party to it.

If the Presidents advisers did not scream out at the top of their lungs for him NOT to acquiesce to those terms then they need to be fired, they are supposed to be there to protect him from those types of monumental political mistakes.

What I would like to know and what we'll probably never know is, what the hell were they thinking when they crafted these "deals"? did they think nobody would notice or that Americans would approve? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot........ especially the deal with the Unions that the President was directly involved in, one has to wonder if Rahm Emanuel slipped something into Barak Obama's coffee that day for him to have been a party to it.

If the Presidents advisers did not scream out at the top of their lungs for him NOT to acquiesce to those terms then they need to be fired, they are supposed to be there to protect him from those types of monumental political mistakes.

IMHO....Obama believed that with these deals, he could finally get healthcare reform passed and that the changes and improvements would be dramatic enough that the American voters would quickly forget (and possibly forgive) the deals he cut to get it passed. We will never know whether this line of thinking was correct or not.

Lumpy, I think your being completely unreasonable here. You are asking Obama to place substance behind his words. Don't you think he has enough on his plate?

He has to deal with TV talk show hosts, talk radio hosts, Cable News Stations, former governors and he is busy traveling to create goodwill either domestically or internationally.

Now you want him to practice what he preaches and pay attention to what is taking place in Washington!

Come on give the guy a break, he has yet to finish explaining to us all of the things Bush did wrong! I'm sure he will get to your concerns in due time!

In the mean time tune in Gibbs each day and get the lastest comic relief from the White House!

Mike

IMHO....Obama believed that with these deals, he could finally get healthcare reform passed and that the changes and improvements would be dramatic enough that the American voters would quickly forget (and possibly forgive) the deals he cut to get it passed. We will never know whether this line of thinking was correct or not.

Well I guess this is one way to explain a lie and dirty politics!

Mike

You could be right, however if that's the case then he seriously underestimated the existing anger of the electorate which again speaks to inept advisers. This President seriously needs to start doing some house cleaning with his staff because they are failing him miserably.

You could be right, however if that's the case then he seriously underestimated the existing anger of the electorate which again speaks to inept advisers. This President seriously needs to start doing some house cleaning with his staff because they are failing him miserably.

And you could be right here as well. What eventually sunk this piece of legislation was his own party. They could not come together to get this passed even with a supermajority. If this comes back to bite the USA in the ass later, blame should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the Demcoratic party. They had everything they needed and because of infighting, couldn't get it done. If house cleaning needs to be done, I believe Democrats need to remove those individuals who obstructed this legislation more than any Republican could have, regardless of how hard the left tries to place the blame on them.

And you could be right here as well. What eventually sunk this piece of legislation was his own party. They could not come together to get this passed even with a supermajority. If this comes back to bite the USA in the ass later, blame should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the Demcoratic party. They had everything they needed and because of infighting, couldn't get it done. If house cleaning needs to be done, I believe Democrats need to remove those individuals who obstructed this legislation more than any Republican could have, regardless of how hard the left tries to place the blame on them.

IMHO The President needs to do his own house cleaning with respect to his staff, that he can do any time he pleases. As far as the house cleaning of the Congressional Democrats , the American People will take care of that chore come November. ;)

Forum List

Back