Transgender girl will not attend her high school graduation after Mississippi judge denies request for her to wear a dress

Did you read the article? Once in a lifetime. Do you understand what that means? No second chance....

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”
so what?....how was that worth that kind of money?....how many people was this kid supporting to warrant that?...

I'm sure you'd know better than I do. 😄

It was segregation. I was allowing everyone the space to draw their own conclusions. 😄
Comparing a high school boy not allowed to use the bathroom with little girls and old ladies to segregation is silly, even by the low standards you set for yourself.

The 2nd highest population of "transgenders" are cross dressers. Again... not trans.
And finally the smallest number of them by leaps and bounds - ACTUAL transgenders who wish all this shit would go away and the posers would stop posing - and the virtue signaling left would stop saying the others are trans

:linky:

You both misspell and capitalize "bigots" and neglect the first words of sentences?
No wonder everyone thinks you're an imbecile.
They have SO much in common, don't they?

I remember a few years back when we had two posters named Ravi and Valerie. That also had just about everything in common.

Bullshit.
The vaaaast majority of people today claiming to have gender dysphoria are just effeminate gay men CHOOSING to live like a female.
The 2nd highest population of "transgenders" are cross dressers. Again... not trans.
And finally the smallest number of them by leaps and bounds - ACTUAL transgenders who wish all this shit would go away and the posers would stop posing - and the virtue signaling left would stop saying the others are trans.
:link:
I am going to follow this trial. ACLU is all over it. :badgrin:

Women at my company wear pants but we work in a factory. Most office folkettes wear a dress or a skirt.

Article says a lawsuit is filed. What is the price to not attend ones graduation. I say 100M is a fair amount.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that was ruined and I am seeing Mental Anguish being caused on this one as well.
The obvious middle finger if they lose the lawsuit would be to simply...cancel the graduation ceremony. Any necessary paperwork will be mailed.

Time for the government to stick its nose into the home lives of bullying students and their bullying parents.

Is that an echo or a stutter?

You didn't read it did you?

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

No matter how many times you call a jackass a thoroughbred, it's still a donkey.

Wait, you could skip graduation? Mine was 90 with 95% humidity, in the sun. It suuucked.

Yeah, I wasn't enjoying mine, it was HOT in that damn robe even though it was a very nice day.

Don't all these kids just wear graduation gowns? What difference does it make what this guy wears minus the heals. Do real girls wear heels at graduation? I don't remember.

Not usually, since it's frequently outside on grass-my wife wore jungle boots, her usual footwear.

Huh? Does the school actually dictate what they wear under their robes??? That's weird.

No kidding. Only rule I recall was no sandals.

Gowns are dresses. When the kids graduated mist of them wore tshirts, shorts and flip flops under their gowns.

I wore a T-shirt, shorts, and boots. Wife wore a base-layer under a T-shirt, tights, and boots.

I do not THINK he is an imbecile...

images

Transgender girl will not attend her high school graduation after Mississippi judge denies request for her to wear a dress​

I am sure "he" was sorely missed by everyone at the ceremony

Truly disappointing. Transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe. I see nothing, who cares?
All the hard work to graduate from H.S. (and let me tell you this, Mississippi has a 9% drop out rate) and that is actually good. So you know this person tried.
But anyways, why discriminate? This is a direct violation of the students First Amendment rights, according to the complaint.

A Mississippi federal judge denied a motion Friday, filed by the family of a transgender high school student requesting she be allowed to wear a dress and heels under her robe at her Gulfport high school graduation.

The 17-year-old, identified in court documents by her initials “L.B.,” did not attend her graduation, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi.

“Our client is being shamed and humiliated for explicitly discriminatory reasons, and her family is being denied a once-in-a-lifetime milestone in their daughter’s life,” ACLU spokesperson Gillian Branstetter told CNN in an email. “No one should be forced to miss their graduation simply because of who they are.”

So a person chooses not to go to their graduation, that is too bad, but if you want to protest, you make a stand and accept the consequences.

Forum List

Back