Transformers Kicking Some Ass

They are calling it the most successful bad movie in history. In fact the critics are united in hating this movie. Yet it seems to keep raking in the dough!

Weeks end it still 3rd on the charts and has already raked in worldwide: $672 mil

My take on the film. It was pretty bad. Although the special effects and fighting scenes were awesome. The shortline was bad and the new robot characters sucked. The Twins had the Jar Jar Bings flaws all over them. The female motorcycle was bad also! It had some entertainment value, so I don't think it was as bad as the critics say, but I am shocked this movie has done as well as it did.

What do you expect? Americans are brain dead now, I mean millions still think American Idol is a good show ... :eusa_whistle:

Dumb ass, the Movie is a CARTOON Movie brought to the live screen. It is ALL about action and special effects, not story line or great thought provoking acting, though the acting is just fine. Most people seem to GET THAT, while you dip sticks are whining about a Cartoon movie being somehow bad cause all it has is action and special effects.

I'm the dumbass? :eusa_eh:

Question, do you even know what energon cubes are? What about the stargate the Decepticons built? Oh ... and then what about Cybertron? I know Transformers far better than you it would seem, because the only thing the movies used were the damned names ... and then they dragged them through the mud.

Look, KK, the movie wasn't a transformers movie and it's not for transformers fans. It's an action FX movie featuring transformers and it's made for actionFX fans. You people who get so deep into it aren't numerous or important enough for the studio to cater to, so they cater to whoever will bring them the most money. it's that simple.

You're bickering about internal chronology?

You were born yesterday huh?

Yep, which is how I signed up sop long ago
smile_wink.gif

Look, KK, the movie wasn't a transformers movie and it's not for transformers fans. It's an action FX movie featuring transformers and it's made for actionFX fans. You people who get so deep into it aren't numerous or important enough for the studio to cater to, so they cater to whoever will bring them the most money. it's that simple.

Then why did they have to use the Transformer's names ... why couldn't they be original for once? :eusa_whistle:

considering it's a line based on a damned toy, isn't expecting it to be serious kinda ludicrous? I mean... it's all a glorified commercial for microcons

You really don't know nearly as much as you think you do .... do you?

The toys were based on a cartoon that was popular around the 80's ... they made three animated movies (possibly four but I haven't found the last one yet). Those were the Transformers franchise. The toys actually came after the cartoons, and were actually made of metal, not that cheap ass plastic crap they make them now. Stop using Wicrapedia as your brain. I grew up with those old toons.

I also bet you think that all the remakes are actually the originals ...

The only remake of the Transformers that was good was the Anime version, which they did as a continuation of the original instead of actually remaking it. The scripting was good and the art was awesome, but it wasn't the original, still, at least the Japanese kept the story the same.

Most of the main line critics panning the movie haven't a clue about the original story nor the story line, they are panning it like they pan all cartoons made into live action movies. Most of the people watching it do not give one rats ass about the original story line either. All they want to see is sci fi action, special effects and lots of action. There isn't even any sex in the movie except a couple nice looking women that almost never kiss anyone and NEVER even come close to undressing.

They used the name because they own it and it brought a type of people to the movie, not the hard core cartoon watchers, but those that enjoy sci fi action with lots of special effects.

I grew up with the X- men, spider man, Superman and Batman, you do not see me whining that they butchered those story lines do you? Why? Because they are movies and are good in their own right. NO ONE ever makes movies exactly like the books or cartoons they came from.

Most of the main line critics panning the movie haven't a clue about the original story nor the story line, they are panning it like they pan all cartoons made into live action movies. Most of the people watching it do not give one rats ass about the original story line either. All they want to see is sci fi action, special effects and lots of action. There isn't even any sex in the movie except a couple nice looking women that almost never kiss anyone and NEVER even come close to undressing.

They used the name because they own it and it brought a type of people to the movie, not the hard core cartoon watchers, but those that enjoy sci fi action with lots of special effects.

I grew up with the X- men, spider man, Superman and Batman, you do not see me whining that they butchered those story lines do you? Why? Because they are movies and are good in their own right. NO ONE ever makes movies exactly like the books or cartoons they came from.

If they can't ... then why not use some actual creativity, imagination, and actual talent to make new stories instead of making horrible remakes, most are not really good movies if you take out all the special effects, the only reason people see them is because they use the names from classics ... which shows that Americans are brain dead, period.

Transformers 2 is NOT breaking records. The Dark Knight had about a $50 million dollar lead on it at this point in its life, and it cost about $15 million less to make.

The Dark Knight barely cracked $1 billion worldwide, and there's no way Transformers will. The Dark Knight had something Transformers 2 doesn't: momentum. Dark Knight got raving reviews, mostly because of Ledger's performance. Transformers is being laughed at from all angles. There's no way it will come close to $1 billion. In fact, I see it losing the summer spot to Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, easily.

Last edited:
Transformers 2 is NOT breaking records. The Dark Knight had about a $50 million dollar lead on it at this point in its life, and it cost about $15 million less to make.

The Dark Knight barely cracked $1 billion worldwide, and there's no way Transformers will. The Dark Knight had something Transformers 2 doesn't: momentum. Dark Knight got raving reviews, mostly because of Ledger's performance. Transformers is being laughed at from all angles. There's no way it will come close to $1 billion. In fact, I see it losing the summer spot to Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, easily.

Yup just ignore the fact it has made more then 600 million, I agree, what a paltry sum.

I happen to like it. It is not a movie you go to for deep thought provoking scenes or acting. It is a COMIC book brought to the screen. The only real glaring hole I saw was the switch from the Smithsonian to the Desert when they left the building.

The plot was weak but so what? IT IS A COMIC BOOK STORY. The action is the movie. The special effects are the movie.

I will admit the fight scene in the forest was top notch and the fight scene in the desert was insanely well crafted.

But you have to admit the "Twins" blew big time!

So if it stopped today, which it won't, but if it did it has grossed $703 mil! At a $200 budget you already have $503 mil profit! So if they don't top $1 Bil, which they won't. Who cares? They already exceeded there budget by 3.5x! I think it will end around $800 mil worldwide! So if Bay is getting laughed at, maybe he can wipe his tears away with million dollar bills! :lol: If Harry Potter beats it, then I am sure Bay will be upset with a $600 mil profit!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Also, Transformers 2 was released the same day worldwide. The Dark Knight was not. If T2 is going to top TDK's worldwide gross, it's going to need more steam, but it's losing steam, fast. In its 2nd weekend, The Dark Knight made $75 million. In its 2nd weekend, Transformers 2 made $42 million. The Dark Knight made more in its 3rd weekend than T2 made in its 2nd, and more in its 4th than T2 made in its 3rd.

Last edited:
Also, Transformers 2 was released the same day worldwide. The Dark Knight was not. If T2 is going to top TDK's worldwide gross, it's going to need more steam, but it's losing steam, fast. In its 2nd weekend, The Dark Knight made $75 million. In its 2nd weekend, Transformers 2 made $42 million. The Dark Knight made more in its 3rd weekend than T2 made in its 2nd, and more in its 4th than T2 made in its 3rd.

I never thought it would pass the Dark Knight!

Attached is a list of all-time worldwide records. I think T2 has a chance of coming in at 20th right ahead of Shrek the Third surpassing $799 mil!

All Time Worldwide Box Office Grosses

I will give you it must be nice to have rights to the Harry Potter Franchise. 5 movies all in the top 25 worldwide all time. #5, #7, #12, #14 and #21.

People seem to like T2 better than the critics do.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

From voters on movie mojo
As: 907 48.0%
Bs: 404 21.4%
Cs: 227 12.0%
Ds: 105 5.6%
Fs: 246 13.0%

From Yahoo: The public gives it a B+
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - User Reviews - Yahoo! Movies

You know why people become critics right? Because they can't do anything themselves! Food critics can't cook, movie critics can't act, direct, write scripts etc and book critics can't write for longer than a page or two!

Sometimes the will of the people can defeat the will of a untalented critics!

Last edited:
From voters on movie mojo
As: 907 48.0%
Bs: 404 21.4%
Cs: 227 12.0%
Ds: 105 5.6%
Fs: 246 13.0%

FYI, 88% of the voters gave The Dark Knight an A. :)

It's also #7 on IMDb's Top 250. Transformers 2 doesn't rate.

So, the public likes it more than the critics, but the public clearly doesn't like it nearly as much as it liked The Dark Knight.

Forum List

Back