Transformers Kicking Some Ass

I refuse to pay for this garbage. The first one completely sucked, the only good thing it was some decent robot 3D models, other than that the story blew baby chunks and had nothing to do with the original series. I won't pay for the sequel, and I would even go so far as to recommend pirating that pile of shit.

Transformers suck. I like my giant robots more realistic

Fourth Generation Glaslow, Model RP1-11
rpi-11.jpg

Last edited:
I refuse to pay for this garbage. The first one completely sucked, the only good thing it was some decent robot 3D models, other than that the story blew baby chunks and had nothing to do with the original series. I won't pay for the sequel, and I would even go so far as to recommend pirating that pile of shit.

You thought the first one sucked? Seriously? I thought it was pretty damn good and I plan to see the 2nd!

You thought the first one sucked? Seriously? I thought it was pretty damn good and I plan to see the 2nd!

I have been a huge Transformers fan my whole life, Saturday morning cartoons ... the story was horrible, nothing like the original series. It's a disgrace, if they wanted to make a new movie they didn't need to drag Megatron's and Prime's names through the mud to do it.

Never seen Battletech. Code Geass was awesome and one of the best I've seen in regards to telling an actual story.

_SPOILER__Zero_Requiem_by_nuriko_kun.jpg

I like Kiddy Grade (odd name for it, bet it's mistranslation) and Battletech, Battletech for the robots, Kiddy Grade for the story ... Lumier is my idol.

I have been a huge Transformers fan my whole life, Saturday morning cartoons ... the story was horrible, nothing like the original series. It's a disgrace, if they wanted to make a new movie they didn't need to drag Megatron's and Prime's names through the mud to do it.

I don't think they did either to Megatron or Prime. In fact I think the movie did justice to both of them.

But after 4 days (forgot no stats today) they exceed their enormous ($200 mil) budget domestically and nearly did it in the foreign markets. That's impressive!
Hell the way its going this movie might be a $1 billion grosser worldwide (Titanic,The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, The Dark Knight were the only billion grossers in history). I guess you need to wait until next weekend to see if its headed in that direction.

I don't think they did either to Megatron or Prime. In fact I think the movie did justice to both of them.

But after 4 days (forgot no stats today) they exceed their enormous ($200 mil) budget domestically and nearly did it in the foreign markets. That's impressive!
Hell the way its going this movie might be a $1 billion grosser worldwide (Titanic,The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, The Dark Knight were the only billion grossers in history). I guess you need to wait until next weekend to see if its headed in that direction.

Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. :eusa_whistle:

No, they didn't, Prime wasn't enough of a leader and was clumsy in the film, they killed off Megatron who would not have been that stupid to begin with, Starscream just sucked big donkey dick in it, and the story was trash.

With only 1, just 1, weekend under its belt, it can already be considered a gigantic commercial success. If it stopped now, everyone would still be extremely happy with its success as one of the biggest movie makers of the year.

On a $200 mil budget the numbers after one weekend are:

Domestic: $228 mil
Foreign: $221 mil
Total: $449 mil

This movies has a current profit of $249 mil!!! Can this movie crack $1 bil? The critic reviews were supposed to be horrible for this movie, so maybe word of month can sink it. But I thinkl $750 mil worldwide is very likely!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

They are calling it the most successful bad movie in history. In fact the critics are united in hating this movie. Yet it seems to keep raking in the dough!

Weeks end it still 3rd on the charts and has already raked in worldwide: $672 mil

My take on the film. It was pretty bad. Although the special effects and fighting scenes were awesome. The shortline was bad and the new robot characters sucked. The Twins had the Jar Jar Bings flaws all over them. The female motorcycle was bad also! It had some entertainment value, so I don't think it was as bad as the critics say, but I am shocked this movie has done as well as it did.

I happen to like it. It is not a movie you go to for deep thought provoking scenes or acting. It is a COMIC book brought to the screen. The only real glaring hole I saw was the switch from the Smithsonian to the Desert when they left the building.

The plot was weak but so what? IT IS A COMIC BOOK STORY. The action is the movie. The special effects are the movie.

They are calling it the most successful bad movie in history. In fact the critics are united in hating this movie. Yet it seems to keep raking in the dough!

Weeks end it still 3rd on the charts and has already raked in worldwide: $672 mil

My take on the film. It was pretty bad. Although the special effects and fighting scenes were awesome. The shortline was bad and the new robot characters sucked. The Twins had the Jar Jar Bings flaws all over them. The female motorcycle was bad also! It had some entertainment value, so I don't think it was as bad as the critics say, but I am shocked this movie has done as well as it did.

What do you expect? Americans are brain dead now, I mean millions still think American Idol is a good show ... :eusa_whistle:

What do you expect? Americans are brain dead now, I mean millions still think American Idol is a good show ... :eusa_whistle:

Dumb ass, the Movie is a CARTOON Movie brought to the live screen. It is ALL about action and special effects, not story line or great thought provoking acting, though the acting is just fine. Most people seem to GET THAT, while you dip sticks are whining about a Cartoon movie being somehow bad cause all it has is action and special effects.

Forum List

Back