Transcripts: Trump Told Mexican President Border Wall Is 'Least Important Thing'

The unhinged, butthurt brigade need to comprehend that leaking private phone calls of any President is a profound attack on our democracy, at least as bad as the Democrats attack on our democracy by colluding with the MSM to rig the Democrat primary and attempt to rig the general election. But democrats have revealed themselves as swamp scum, scorched earth proponents.

OMG! You mean Trump LIED to his base again and again and again and again and again and again and again, even to his West Virginia minions tonight he lied??????????

They must be pissed.

Huh?

What?

No, you're kidding. Really?

Pitiful, just pitiful.
I'm sure it will see it on fuxs news.

DGWZHPLXcAAvUFt.jpg

I didn't vote for him because he said he was going to build a wall. I voted for him to keep Hillary out and change Washington and get results. CHECK CHECK and CHECK. Trump IS the wall.

Trump has unhinged the liberal media and the Washington establishment are fit to be tied. Trump didn't just run against the Dem's he ran against the Washington establishment including these clowns in the GOP.
Donald Trump to the Australian president: I don't want to look like a dope.
Further proof he could care less about the people in this country, all he cares about is his image..
He's a paper tiger.
A cardboard cutout.
You just described your idol Obama to perfection.

Saying his border wall is the "least important" topic

The transcripts say that Trump told Peña Nieto that the border wall is "the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important."

This is a startling admission from a president who at rallies led his supporters in chants of "build the wall."

But the wall was important to his base. Although it has not been popular nationally — a February poll from the Pew Research Center found that 62 percent of Americans oppose such a wall — it polled well among conservative Republicans, with 80 percent approving.

Asking Peña Nieto to stop talking about not paying for the wall

Trump repeatedly assured his supporters that Mexico would pay for the border wall. Peña Nieto disagreed; on Jan. 25, the Mexican president told his nation in a televised address that they "would not pay" for the wall, according to The Los Angeles Times.

In the call with Peña Nieto on Jan. 27, Trump asked him to knock it off: "If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that."

Trump also said he had to push for Mexico to pay for the wall because he had promised it for so long.

"I have to have Mexico pay for the wall — I have to," he said. "I have been talking about it for a two-year period."

Other quotes reported by the Post indicate that Trump was vague about how exactly the funding of the border wall would work. He said that the funding for it "will work out in the formula somehow" and that it would "come out in the wash," according to the Post.

On the wall itself, Peña Nieto stood firm. "My position has been and will continue to be very firm, saying that Mexico cannot pay for the wall," he said. However, the Postalso writes that he eventually relented on talking about the wall, agreeing to "stop talking about the wall."

In a Jan. 27 statement, the White House had acknowledged the two presidents' clashing opinions on the topic of the wall: "With respect to payment for the border wall, both presidents recognize their clear and very public differences of positions on this issue but have agreed to work these differences out as part of a comprehensive discussion on all aspects of the bilateral relationship."

More: Transcripts: Trump Told Mexican President Border Wall Is 'Least Important Thing'

What do Trump supporters say about this? Do they mind being hoodwinked?

I can see that you are shivering now...

Just wait before the wall gets done.

Dayem, how can Newsweek still exist when nobody buys that rag? Who is financing that?

I didn't vote for him because he said he was going to build a wall. I voted for him to keep Hillary out and change Washington and get results. CHECK CHECK and CHECK. Trump IS the wall.

Trump has unhinged the liberal media and the Washington establishment are fit to be tied. Trump didn't just run against the Dem's he ran against the Washington establishment including these clowns in the GOP.
Donald Trump to the Australian president: I don't want to look like a dope.
Further proof he could care less about the people in this country, all he cares about is his image..
He's a paper tiger.
A cardboard cutout.

I'd vote for Putin before I'd vote for a lowlife filth liberal.

The transcripts say that Trump told Peña Nieto that the border wall is "the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important."

This is a startling admission from a president who at rallies led his supporters in chants of "build the wall."

But the wall was important to his base. Although it has not been popular nationally — a February poll from the Pew Research Center found that 62 percent of Americans oppose such a wall — it polled well among conservative Republicans, with 80 percent approving.

Trump repeatedly assured his supporters that Mexico would pay for the border wall. Peña Nieto disagreed; on Jan. 25, the Mexican president told his nation in a televised address that they "would not pay" for the wall, according to The Los Angeles Times.

In the call with Peña Nieto on Jan. 27, Trump asked him to knock it off: "If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that."

Trump also said he had to push for Mexico to pay for the wall because he had promised it for so long.

"I have to have Mexico pay for the wall — I have to," he said. "I have been talking about it for a two-year period."

Other quotes reported by the Post indicate that Trump was vague about how exactly the funding of the border wall would work. He said that the funding for it "will work out in the formula somehow" and that it would "come out in the wash," according to the Post.

On the wall itself, Peña Nieto stood firm. "My position has been and will continue to be very firm, saying that Mexico cannot pay for the wall," he said. However, the Postalso writes that he eventually relented on talking about the wall, agreeing to "stop talking about the wall."

In a Jan. 27 statement, the White House had acknowledged the two presidents' clashing opinions on the topic of the wall: "With respect to payment for the border wall, both presidents recognize their clear and very public differences of positions on this issue but have agreed to work these differences out as part of a comprehensive discussion on all aspects of the bilateral relationship."

More: Transcripts: Trump Told Mexican President Border Wall Is 'Least Important Thing'

Lol do you have any idea how much illegal immigration has been curtailed since Trump was duly elected chief itchypeehole? Doesn't look like we need a wall.

He actually said least important thing that we will discuss today.

JK Rowling is that you?

OMG! You mean Trump LIED to his base again and again and again and again and again and again and again, even to his West Virginia minions tonight he lied??????????

They must be pissed.

Huh?

What?

No, you're kidding. Really?

Pitiful, just pitiful.

His base are a bunch of cock sucking zombies that are brainwashed in the same way as hitler brainwashed the german people of Germany...Truth be damned.

Bite us butt cream....watch us win again....that's the new hat...WUWA...lol

Your article is behind a paywall, moron.

I think it is great having illegals wait in mexico while applying for refugee entry into the USA. Mexico let them in they can live with them until we resolve our backlog of 800,000 refugees currently waiting for a court date. We should be ready to accept more in say 10yrs.

i know that i could not care less about rumors of what TRUMP might have said to that mexican or anyone else . Anything thats helps TRUMPS advantage over 'mexico' or any other country in the world or its 'prezident' is ok with me .

Forum List

Back