Transcript of Bill Maher apology for calling Sarah Palin the C-word

But Rush was able to call her a slut. But people are able to respond. Is that the problem? The response Rush got? I can't help it if the Right wants to ignore those on the left who call out Maher or Ed on their words. (kinda like ignoring the Muslims who condemned 9-11, for the R-right they don't exist).

Yeah, I can link right to a post by Decepticon showing just how the leftists "called out" Maher and Schultz....

Rush spews his venon daily for hours without end. Ed has an hour a day. Maher has an hour each week. I'm not a regular viewer/listener to any of them.

It's different - ed and bill serve the party, Rush is an infidel.....

Says who? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Whether someone says it to an audience that pays directly or an audience that pays through sponsors, it's still freedom of speech. Rush only has to make sure he doesn't break any FCC rules. He didn't. The court of public opinion is what we are talking about. The media chose to react to Rush Limbaugh chose not to react to Bill Maher. That's all. Public has nothing to do with it.
so you dont see a difference between a pay for audience and a public audience?

You really can't understand this?
im asking a questions to provide your opinion of the situation.

why do you people on the right always avoid answering questions directly?

Says who? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Whether someone says it to an audience that pays directly or an audience that pays through sponsors, it's still freedom of speech. Rush only has to make sure he doesn't break any FCC rules. He didn't. The court of public opinion is what we are talking about. The media chose to react to Rush Limbaugh chose not to react to Bill Maher. That's all. Public has nothing to do with it.

Imus was on a 'pay for' station when he jokingly and extemporaneously quipped the 'nappy headed ho's' thing about the Rutger's women's team. Nobody in their wildest dreams would ever accuse Imus of being a racist, but neither is he a leftwing darling and the outcry was immediate, long lasting, and demanding that the advertisers desert him and the station dump him. It cost Imus his livelihood for a good long while.

So no, it doesn't matter if it is a public affair, a private affair, public media, or 'pay for' media. It doesn't matter whether it is inadvertently caught off the record in a private conversation or spoken in a closed intimate meeting. If somebody on the right or even in the middle says it, it requires immediate and extreme retaliation and punishment.

If somebody on the left says it, no big deal.

Yeah. He's an objective commentator who does not express any bias toward one party or another.

Uh huh. Sure.

Keep trying. I'm sure you will come up with something true sooner or later.

Just look at the way he pandered to the Democrats here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj0Z9QDSL5E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj0Z9QDSL5E[/ame]

Last edited:

Imus was on a 'pay for' station when he jokingly and extemporaneously quipped the 'nappy headed ho's' thing about the Rutger's women's team. Nobody in their wildest dreams would ever accuse Imus of being a racist, but neither is he a leftwing darling and the outcry was immediate, long lasting, and demanding that the advertisers desert him and the station dump him. It cost Imus his livelihood for a good long while.

So no, it doesn't matter if it is a public affair, a private affair, public media, or 'pay for' media. It doesn't matter whether it is inadvertently caught off the record in a private conversation or spoken in a closed intimate meeting. If somebody on the right or even in the middle says it, it requires immediate and extreme retaliation and punishment.

If somebody on the left says it, no big deal.
Imus was public radio at the time of the nappy headed hoes comment wasnt he? didnt he make the move to private afterwards?

correct me if im wrong.

Imus was public radio at the time of the nappy headed hoes comment wasnt he? didnt he make the move to private afterwards?

correct me if im wrong.

You are wrong. He had a show on network television, "Imus in the Morning." He also had a radio show on a station owned by one of the networks.

correct me if im wrong.

You are wrong. He had a show on network television, "Imus in the Morning." He also had a radio show on a station owned by one of the networks.
wait now im confused, he wasnt on a pay service. unless you consider cable TV to truly be a pay service like HBO. He was on broadcasting on CBS radio, and was simulcast on MSNBC.

So are CBS radio and MSNBC now considered to by a pay to listen / watch service? MSNBC maybe, but CBA radio????? really??

"On April 11, 2007, Steve Capus of NBC News, announced that MSNBC would no longer simulcast Imus in the Morning, effective immediately. While the decision came on the same day that a few advertisers left Imus, the network also said employee concerns played a role. Sen. (and at the time presidential candidate) Barack Obama, and several high-profile NBC African-American personalities, including Al Roker previously a friendly guest on the show, opposed Imus's return. The absence and silence from Imus's frequent NBC guests Brian Williams, Andrea Mitchell, David Gregory, Chris Matthews and close friend Tim Russert was too obvious to ignore and foreshadowed NBC's future action.
In announcing the decision, Steve Capus, President of NBC News, said:
These comments were deeply hurtful to many, many people. And we've had any number of employee conversations, discussions, emails, phone calls. And when you listen to the passion and the people who come to the conclusion that there should not be any room for this sort of conversation and dialogue on our air, it was the only decision we could reach.
The next day, CBS Radio canceled Imus in the Morning, effective immediately. CBS President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves stated:
From the outset, I believe all of us have been deeply upset and revulsed by the statements that were made on our air about the young women who represented Rutgers University in the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship with such class, energy and talent. There has been much discussion of the effect language like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying to make their way in this society. That consideration has weighed most heavily on our minds as we made our decision."

Don Imus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dont you just loooove the parsing going on here. Righties are comparing a radio host that gets invited to speak at CPAC, followed by plenty of Cons and considered a leader on the right to a comedian.

Dont you just love that they have to stoop so low to make the comparison? I mean, a comedian is the only person they can make a comparison too? A comedian?

Next theyll be trying to convince people that Rush is a comedian and or he is not a major figure on the right...

Dont you just loooove the parsing going on here. Righties are comparing a radio host that gets invited to speak at CPAC, followed by plenty of Cons and considered a leader on the right to a comedian.

Dont you just love that they have to stoop so low to make the comparison? I mean, a comedian is the only person they can make a comparison too? A comedian?

Next theyll be trying to convince people that Rush is a comedian and or he is not a major figure on the right...

1 million dollars baby! Just because almost no one listens or watches liberal political commentators because they are so angry and not entertaining, doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to the same standard as successful political commentators that people want to listen to for whatever reason. But they never will be because their overall message and ideology is what matters. Even if they slip up and show their true colors ... it quietly gets pushed under the rug. Not here though.

Just the most powerful man in the GOP, with millions of dittoheads and tens of millions misled with total BS...a catastrophe.

Not the Most Powerful Man in the GOP. The Most Powerful Man in Talk Radio. You have Nobody on the Left to compare to Rush, in Success or Integrity. You can neither attack him head on, because you cannot stand up to him in Debate. That leaves only Back Stabbing, and Strong Arming Advertisers, with Threats of Boycott. Paybacks are a Bitch and You will get what is coming to you.

We are not throwing Rush under the Bus. How many Decades have you all been into slandering Him? What doesn't kill him will make him stronger and tougher. He is already the best at what he does. Thanks for making Him Wiser.

Just the most powerful man in the GOP, with millions of dittoheads and tens of millions misled with total BS...a catastrophe.

Who cares what Rush says ?

You make this stuff up and then argue against it.

What's your excuse for being so shallow and stupid ?

1 million dollars baby! Just because almost no one listens or watches liberal political commentators because they are so angry and not entertaining, doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to the same standard as successful political commentators that people want to listen to for whatever reason. But they never will be because their overall message and ideology is what matters. Even if they slip up and show their true colors ... it quietly gets pushed under the rug. Not here though.

you could've typed that without quoting me since you addressed jack shit of what I said

We are not throwing Rush under the Bus. How many Decades have you all been into slandering Him? What doesn't kill him will make him stronger and tougher. He is already the best at what he does. Thanks for making Him Wiser.

let go of his dick

Forum List

Back