Dems dont want you to blame Obama for gas prices. Blame Wall street instead

WASHINGTON—Congressional lawmakers have agreed to give the Commodity Futures Trading Commission far less money than it requested for fiscal 2012, potentially limiting the agency's ability to implement the expanded powers it received under the Dodd-Frank financial law.

Congressional aides on Monday said that the CFTC would receive $205 million for the year, $100 million less than the amount sought by the Obama administration, as part of a compromise dropping a number of proposed policy restrictions that could have delayed the implementation of Dodd-Frank rules even further.

Top officials at the CFTC have warned that unless they received the increased spending they would be unable to implement rules stemming from last year's Dodd-Frank financial regulatory overhaul. The budget cut would also come as the CFTC launches an inquiry into the events that led to the collapse of MF Global Holdings Ltd., the financial broker-dealer that filed for bankruptcy protection two weeks ago.
CFTC Budget Request Is Cut - WSJ.com

Pointing out that CONSERVATIVES want to GUT funding for the speculation watchdog isn't very fair, is it?
U.S. House Passes Bill to Cut Funding for Derivatives Regulator - Bloomberg

Go ahead...run on high gas prices. And us DEMS will run on how CONZ want to cut policing speculation.

If the requested oil drilling had been approved 10-20 years ago we would be pumping and producing sufficient oil to have weened us off of imports. This same issue is upon us today with the banning of new permits by the Obama administration. All in the hope to please the environmentalists to get their vote.
Add to that the desire by the Obama Administration to push electric and hybred vehicles they are getting what they want with high gas prices.

- gas price increases on a permanent basis began as a result of the discontinued production of Iraqi oil caused by the unprovoked Republican Iraqi war.

I was just reading that during the 70's gas prices tripled to just under one dollar. Today, the USA remains under the global average. I realize Obama's policies have not helped the current rise, but it remains true that gas prices have always been issue during my lifetime.

Forum List

Back