TransCanada may shorten pipeline screwing over Obama and his power play

Ph, I like firearms too but I don't name myself after them. I am their master they are not mine.

Profits for many? I suppose you are one of those lonely stock holders.

Oil companies have many stock holders.

Miniscule compared to the population. This is a full blown American concern not a tiny minority of stock holders.

Why is it a full blown America concern?
Don't American workers need jobs?
Wouldn't government get revenue as well?
Don't those tiny minority of shareholders pay taxes on their dividends?

Let's see. If someone wants to shove a house between you and your neighbors because a Chinese illegal immigrant wants to move there and there is a bit of room, should the government proclaim emminent domain over your parcels to build because their crony developer states that their shareholders will make some profit, should they?

Yeah, because that's exactly like what we're discussing here. Fail.

It absolutely is. You want to crowd out thousands of miles of land to build a freaking pipeline to supply China with oil at the expense of the American consumer. It is worse than taking your freaking quarter acre by eminent domain.

Thousands of miles? How many exactly?
This pipeline won't supply oil to China.
How is it at the expense of the American consumer?

Miniscule compared to the population. This is a full blown American concern not a tiny minority of stock holders.

No we don't need some temp jobs in order to prop up shipping our resources overseas.

No we don't need some temp jobs in order to prop up shipping our resources overseas.

Got it, temp jobs are worse than no jobs.
As far as the resources, don't they belong to the oil company that extracted them?
Unless you're one of the greedy shareholders, there is no "our resources" involved.

Because it is American resources being exploited by a few to profit a few. Should I speak more slowly? The resources will be gone and so will the jobs. Better the energy used right here to create whatever. Better to stimulate the economy with lower energy costs. Shit, that is better than a tax cut. Fuels optimism every time everyone passes a gas station and feels like they are getting some relief.

As far as the resources, don't they belong to the oil company that extracted them?
Unless you're one of the greedy shareholders, there is no "our resources" involved.

The resources belong to all and the energy companies believe they need subsidies rather than paying into the general fund to reimburse every American for the resources they are exploiting.

Yeah, because that's exactly like what we're discussing here. Fail.

It absolutely is. You want to crowd out thousands of miles of land to build a freaking pipeline to supply China with oil at the expense of the American consumer. It is worse than taking your freaking quarter acre by eminent domain.

It is going to the world market and it would raise prices in the midwest bt 15 cents a gallon( even by the lowest estimate).

Great news for all freedom loving Americans.

Totally irrelevant to the thread at hand. Geez almost mole like.

Well, actually, it is relevant to this thread.

I don't necessarily agree with Zander's post, or his position on this issue, but he's responding to the OP, whereas you guys are the ones who've derailed the thread into yet another back-and-forth bickering about the pipeline itself - which is not the discussion started by the OP.

Because it is American resources being exploited by a few to profit a few. Should I speak more slowly? The resources will be gone and so will the jobs. Better the energy used right here to create whatever. Better to stimulate the economy with lower energy costs. Shit, that is better than a tax cut. Fuels optimism every time everyone passes a gas station and feels like they are getting some relief.

American resources? The oil is Canadian.
Don't speak more slowly, just start making sense.
You want to prevent oil companies from exporting their products?
I've heard whining about too many imports, whining about too high a trade deficit, this is the first time I've heard whining about the reverse.
If you want lower energy costs here, push for drilling offshore and in ANWR.
Instead, gas will rise to $5 a gallon, putting the last nail in the coffin of Obama's re-election hopes.

The resources belong to all and the energy companies believe they need subsidies rather than paying into the general fund to reimburse every American for the resources they are exploiting.

The resources belong to all

Da, comrade.

and the energy companies believe they need subsidies

Subsidies? Oil companies pay billions and billions in taxes.

rather than paying into the general fund to reimburse every American for the resources they are exploiting.

Unless the Canadian government took this oil from your land without payment, it's not your resource.

It is going to the world market and it would raise prices in the midwest bt 15 cents a gallon( even by the lowest estimate).

We should force the oil companies to sell their product where we want. That'll increase oil supplies.
If you're worried about high gas prices in the Midwest, you'll support ending the boutique blend requirements.

I've heard whining about too many imports, whining about too high a trade deficit, this is the first time I've heard whining about the reverse.
Instead, gas will rise to $5 a gallon, putting the last nail in the coffin of Obama's re-election hopes.

Last time I looked at a map Canadians were Americans, living on the North American continent. The lands that oil companies exploit are public lands. In this case they want to exploit Canadian lands for phracking and then US land for a cheap method of transporting the resources to China. None of these reimburse nor is in the interest of the average Canadian or US citizen

Last edited:

We should force the oil companies to sell their product where we want. That'll increase oil supplies.
If you're worried about high gas prices in the Midwest, you'll support ending the boutique blend requirements.

Actually we should say....Hey, y'all been hyping peak oil and shortages. Now if energy supply is so short just why would we want you shipping our scarce resource overseas?

Last time I looked at a map Canadians were Americans, living on the North American continent. The lands that oil companies exploit are public lands. In this case they want to exploit Canadian lands for phracking and then US land for a cheap method of transporting the resources to China. None of these reimburse nor is in the interest of the average Canadian or US citizen

If they're public lands, I'm sure the Canadian government is charging them for it.
Just as American landowners get paid for land taken for a pipeline.
If we can safely transport the oil and create American jobs, how are you injured in any way? Be very specific.

Actually we should say....Hey, y'all been hyping peak oil and shortages. Now if energy supply is so short just why would we want you shipping our scarce resource overseas?

Y'all been hyping? Who is y'all?
If you think oil prices are too high, you should start your own company, drill for oil and sell it for the fair price. Then it will truly be your resource to sell, instead of someone elses that you keep pretending is yours.

Forum List

Back