TransCanada may shorten pipeline screwing over Obama and his power play

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
This is awesome. We've dealt with enough left wing lib lunatics in power for years up here and we can smell liberal political bullshit a mile away.

Everyone knows this was Obama kow towing to enviro whackos.

Check this out. If they do this Obama and the Feds aren't involved. WhoooooooHooooo!!

" TransCanada May Shorten Keystone XL

By Bradley Olson - Jan 19, 2012 2:04 PM CT

TransCanada Corp. (TRP) may shorten the initial path for its rejected Keystone XL project, bringing oil from Montana’s Bakken Shale to refiners in the Gulf of Mexico and removing the need for federal approval.

“There certainly is a potential opportunity to connect the Bakken to the Gulf Coast,” Alex Pourbaix, TransCanada’s president of energy and oil pipelines, said in a telephone interview today. “That is obviously something we’ll be looking into over the next few weeks.”

TransCanada’s $7 billion Keystone XL proposal to bring crude from Canada’s oil sands to the Gulf was rejected yesterday by the Obama administration. The project required U.S. approval because it crossed the border with Canada. The company may seek that approval after it builds the segment from Montana to the Gulf, Pourbaix said.

The Bakken shale-rock formation is estimated to hold as much as 4.3 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil in North Dakota and Montana, according to a 2008 U.S. Geological Survey report. Oil production in North Dakota surged 42 percent to 510,000 barrels a day in November, exceeding the output of Ecuador.

Production in the Bakken field may reach 750,000 barrels a day this year, Edward Morse, managing director of commodities research for Citigroup Inc., said at a conference in Calgary today. "

More at link:

TransCanada May Shorten Keystone XL - Bloomberg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have no problem with them extending the exsiting pipeline from Oklahoma to the Texas Gulf refineries.

Obama refuses to add 100,000 or more jobs for US citizens is one of the gayest decisions he's ever made !!! Then again, we all know Obama is Gay, just look at the dude he married.
Yeah.....it's.....

handjob.gif

This is awesome. We've dealt with enough left wing lib lunatics in power for years up here and we can smell liberal political bullshit a mile away.

Check this out. If they do this Obama and the Feds aren't involved. WhoooooooHooooo!!

TransCanada Corp. (TRP) may shorten the initial path for its rejected Keystone XL project, bringing oil from Montana’s Bakken Shale to refiners in the Gulf of Mexico and removing the need for federal approval.

“There certainly is a potential opportunity to connect the Bakken to the Gulf Coast,” Alex Pourbaix, TransCanada’s president of energy and oil pipelines, said in a telephone interview today. “That is obviously something we’ll be looking into over the next few weeks.”

TransCanada’s $7 billion Keystone XL proposal to bring crude from Canada’s oil sands to the Gulf was rejected yesterday by the Obama administration. The project required U.S. approval because it crossed the border with Canada. The company may seek that approval after it builds the segment from Montana to the Gulf, Pourbaix said.

The Bakken shale-rock formation is estimated to hold as much as 4.3 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil in North Dakota and Montana, according to a 2008 U.S. Geological Survey report. Oil production in North Dakota surged 42 percent to 510,000 barrels a day in November, exceeding the output of Ecuador.

Production in the Bakken field may reach 750,000 barrels a day this year, Edward Morse, managing director of commodities research for Citigroup Inc., said at a conference in Calgary today. "

More at link:

So they plan to build from Montana to the gulf anyways? What if they spend all that money doing that and still get no approval to cross the border into Canada? They would have wasted all that money. Or am I missing something here? Dont get me wrong, I am glad they may accomplish something here, I think I am just missing something.

I thought Obama was all about energy related jobs. thats all he bloated about in his 2008 speeches. and he is gonna claim that Romney is a flip flopper?

More at link:

So they plan to build from Montana to the gulf anyways? What if they spend all that money doing that and still get no approval to cross the border into Canada? They would have wasted all that money. Or am I missing something here? Dont get me wrong, I am glad they may accomplish something here, I think I am just missing something.

What a lot of people don't know because the press hasn't reported the truth accurately is that Keystone XL has already been built from Canada to the US in Phase I and Phase II. To Illinois and to Oklahoma.

This was just supposed to be Phase III that Obama and the State Department blocked.

Now Trans Canada will continue to attempt to get this Phase III built, but this move to build the pipeline from Montana is a fabulous interim measure that is a win win for every oil producing state to get their product to the Gulf.

And a brilliant win for Trans Canada on this if they make this move. Both our countries stand to win on this.

And workers really stand to benefit.

Changing the project would allow TransCanada to use existing pipe materials and rights-of-way. The company would apply later for federal permission to connect the pipeline to Canadian oil sands and complete Keystone XL as originally envisioned, Pourbaix said.

“We believe there may be the potential to accelerate the construction of some elements of the pipeline,” he said.

This is really a key point....

There’s no bigger advocate for the Keystone pipeline than me,” Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer, a Democrat said yesterday in a telephone interview. “We have plenty of oil in Montana, we need the ability to get it to market.”

I thought Obama was all about energy related jobs. thats all he bloated about in his 2008 speeches. and he is gonna claim that Romney is a flip flopper?
Romney first has to secure the nomination, the recount they did in Iowa the other day shows santorum won. Romney still has a long way to go, and South Carolina could end up going to Newt instead of Romney. Dont count the chickens before they hatch brother.

More at link:

What a lot of people don't know because the press hasn't reported the truth accurately is that Keystone XL has already been built from Canada to the US in Phase I and Phase II. To Illinois and to Oklahoma.

This was just supposed to be Phase III that Obama and the State Department blocked.

Now Trans Canada will continue to attempt to get this Phase III built, but this move to build the pipeline from Montana is a fabulous interim measure that is a win win for every oil producing state to get their product to the Gulf.

And a brilliant win for Trans Canada on this if they make this move. Both our countries stand to win on this.

Changing the project would allow TransCanada to use existing pipe materials and rights-of-way. The company would apply later for federal permission to connect the pipeline to Canadian oil sands and complete Keystone XL as originally envisioned, Pourbaix said.

“We believe there may be the potential to accelerate the construction of some elements of the pipeline,” he said.

There’s no bigger advocate for the Keystone pipeline than me,” Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer, a Democrat said yesterday in a telephone interview. “We have plenty of oil in Montana, we need the ability to get it to market.”

Oh okay, I didn't know that.

Oh okay, I didn't know that.

No problemo. Most people don't know about Keystone I and Keystone II. The press doesn't report truth.

The media has just become an extension of the WH under Obama and Axelrod.

A lot of conservatives I've talked to on the net are absolutely shocked finding about Phase I and II and the efforts put into Phase III with so many involvements on every local level.

Obama truly has used this as some sort of whacko zany moment to appeal to enviro whackos, meanwhile he's really truly pissed off a lot of Unions.

US union workers stood to really make mega bucks on this job. And the other business offshoots stand to make $$$$ as well.

It's a bizarre decision by the WH to say the least.

Obama says no to pipeline, but no problem flushing 500 Million down the toilet? that would make a great anti-yobama commercial.

Romney first has to secure the nomination, the recount they did in Iowa the other day shows santorum won. Romney still has a long way to go, and South Carolina could end up going to Newt instead of Romney. Dont count the chickens before they hatch brother.
Brother? Im not black, not even close. {but let me check my family tree on the web just to make sure)

Forum List

Back