TransCanada may shorten pipeline screwing over Obama and his power play

Neither. If you knew the sequence, you'd know the application was rejected because of the time period to conduct the review was cut short, at the insistence of congressional Republicans.

Oh piss off. The only delay was due to the crossing of the aquifer in Nebraska. Don't fuck with me. Everyone with one iota of intelligence knows the game the WH was playing.

And I can and have backed up every bit of shit I have posted. I know this game inside and out.

It could have been worked out. Obama is sucking enviro dicks on this one but seriously pissing off Union leaders.

So fuck off with your "blame Republican shit". Won't work. :lol:

There was no game being played by the White House. Congressional Republicans were told the pipeline would be rejected if they insisted on expedited review. They decided they'd rather have the campaign issue than to have the pipeline approved.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Oh piss off. The only delay was due to the crossing of the aquifer in Nebraska. Don't fuck with me. Everyone with one iota of intelligence knows the game the WH was playing.

And I can and have backed up every bit of shit I have posted. I know this game inside and out.

It could have been worked out. Obama is sucking enviro dicks on this one but seriously pissing off Union leaders.

So fuck off with your "blame Republican shit". Won't work. :lol:

There was no game being played by the White House. Congressional Republicans were told the pipeline would be rejected if they insisted on expedited review. They decided they'd rather have the campaign issue than to have the pipeline approved.

So can you provide an alternative explanation for demanding expedited review after being told it would be rejected if they did so?

People who use the "energy independence" argument here have no idea how oil is bought and sold.

I know how it is. And I've lived four mother fucking decades where politicians say we are going to get off fossil fuels but don't do jack crap year after year.

You have to remember some of us were real true conservationists and I have stayed true.

I used to subscribe to truly Mother Earth. I believed. It's all bull shit from your politicians. It's all a lie.

I've stayed true to my core beliefs and my heart and soul for decades has been in water conservation.

I've fought from Grassy Narrows to boil water advisories on First Nations now.

I'm sick of the bullshit. This move by Obama is completely bullshit.

Why do so many worship the oil industry in spite of the fact they relieve all of us of so much of our money.

Have some humans simply gone mad?

Grab your wallets!!!

So can you provide an alternative explanation for demanding expedited review after being told it would be rejected if they did so?

Trans Canada immediately worked with Nebraska to bypass the aquifer. That was back in November.

Options were all around the aquifer. The application should have gone forward at that point so other states could have moved forward.

Trans Canada immediately worked with Nebraska to bypass the aquifer. That was back in November.

Options were all around the aquifer. The application should have gone forward at that point so other states could have moved forward.

I see you failed to answer the question.

Methinks the only reason they are fighting for this pipeline is because they are too cheap to build a refinery along the Canadian border. Instead they want to pass the risk to everyone between Canada and the Gulf coast.

Methinks the only reason they are fighting for this pipeline is because they are too cheap to build a refinery along the Canadian border. Instead they want to pass the risk to everyone between Canada and the Gulf coast.

Oh, did I mention that refined petroleum products are our greatest growing 'export'. Guess where they are being exported from. Yeaaa...you got it. the Gulf coast.

Why do so many worship the oil industry in spite of the fact they relieve all of us of so much of our money.

Have some humans simply gone mad?

Grab your wallets!!!

Well where I live dearheart it's minus 30 degrees celsius this evening.

I'm ready to go solid wood again. But I still need nasty big oil to take us to the nearest emergency room 30 miles away.

What pray tell do you want me and so many like me to do? We live in the middle of nowhere across these great countries.

We don't give a shit about pizza deliveries you see. We care more about the grey jays and the ravens who stay with us.

We care about the wild turkeys that run down our ditches in spring hunting their mates.

We care about a momma doe and two fawns eating our lilacs before winter sets in.

We care about sandhill cranes mating at the back of our acreages.

What do you want us to do?

No more than we benefit from oil production anywhere else outside the country. Domestic productions equals jobs. You could argue that Canada imports a lot of stuff, so at the margin additional Canadian production means more imported goods, but that's a bit of a reach.

We don't benefit from oil production outside the country?

We benefit in the sense that oil is a fuel needed for certain applications. Can we just speed this up and you get to your point?

So we would benefit from this pipeline. Thanks, I agree.
We'd benefit more if we drilled in ANWR.

About Keystone XL:
•The Keystone XL pipeline is a 2,000 mile pipeline that would transport crude oil derived from Canadian tar sands from Alberta to Texas.
•The pipeline will raise gas and diesel prices in the Midwest, where they are already among the highest in the country. It is estimated that the added cost of the pipeline would be roughly equal to 15 cents per gallon, driving up the cost of living for families at a time when Americans can least afford it.
•The total drain on America’s economy and pocket books could total as much as $3.9 billion annually in 2013, according to what TransCanada told Canada’s National Energy Board.
•Any jobs created will be offset by the higher price of gas and the layoffs that result from the higher cost of doing business. Further, they will be temporary and may not go to local residents, or even Americans.
•TransCanada will generate billions of dollars in profits at the expense of American consumers, and that money will go back to Canada, deepening the U.S. deficit.
•The pipeline will facilitate Canadian crude oil exports to China, not the United States. The market for Canadian crude oil in the Gulf is small. Americans wouldn’t benefit from the crude oil piped in through the Keystone XL.

Mid West Gas Prices - Dirty Oil Sands | A Threat to the New Energy Economy

It's obvious that the shortest rout from Canada to China goes thru Texas and the Gulf.

Damn, what a bunch of crap.

WTF are you talking about?

Just pointing out the idiocy of your source.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/energy-problem-u-oil-exports-rise-174452881.html
We don't benefit from oil production outside the country?

We benefit in the sense that oil is a fuel needed for certain applications. Can we just speed this up and you get to your point?

Actually we may benefit from a refinery in Minnesota or Wisconsin. If it goes to the Gulf it will be exported to keep supplies low and prices high here

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/energy-problem-u-oil-exports-rise-174452881.html

Last edited:

Actually we may benefit from a refinery in Minnesota or Wisconsin. If it goes to the Gulf it will be exported to keep supplies low and prices high here.

I support new refineries. Why would they export it if they can sell it for more here?

Americans don't benefit from Canadian oil? Why not?

No more than we benefit from oil production anywhere else outside the country. Domestic productions equals jobs. You could argue that Canada imports a lot of stuff, so at the margin additional Canadian production means more imported goods, but that's a bit of a reach.

Oh boy I don't understand this post at all.
What the poster doesn't understand is that we buy the oil from a neighbor and refine it here...and that means domestic jobs to build the pipeline and maintain it domestically...

Forum List

Back