TransCanada may shorten pipeline screwing over Obama and his power play

The only power play was the Republicans ensuring the project would be blocked so they'd have it as a campaign issue.

That's bullshit. I know the sequence and the time line of all of this.

You are either a liar or completely stupid. Pick one.

Neither. If you knew the sequence, you'd know the application was rejected because of the time period to conduct the review was cut short, at the insistence of congressional Republicans.

The only power play was the Republicans ensuring the project would be blocked so they'd have it as a campaign issue.

Neither. If you knew the sequence, you'd know the application was rejected because of the time period to conduct the review was cut short, at the insistence of congressional Republicans.

Oh piss off. The only delay was due to the crossing of the aquifer in Nebraska. Don't fuck with me. Everyone with one iota of intelligence knows the game the WH was playing.

And I can and have backed up every bit of shit I have posted. I know this game inside and out.

It could have been worked out. Obama is sucking enviro dicks on this one but seriously pissing off Union leaders.

So fuck off with your "blame Republican shit". Won't work. :lol:

Now just so everyone really gets it, the reason the President could reject this Phase 3 proposal was because it crossed international lines.

This new groove and lord I love it just expands from Montana down to the Gulf enabling American states producers of oil to get their product to market despite the asshole in the White House.

I will leave this one up to you folks to decide. I know in no way shape or form will the average American see the benefits from any proposal by big oil. You will NEVER benefit. You are necessary to sell the product to nothing more, and your interests are of no concern to big oil. Excuse me while I go to the quiet room.

Americans don't benefit from Canadian oil? Why not?

Oh piss off. The only delay was due to the crossing of the aquifer in Nebraska. Don't fuck with me. Everyone with one iota of intelligence knows the game the WH was playing.

And I can and have backed up every bit of shit I have posted. I know this game inside and out.

It could have been worked out. Obama is sucking enviro dicks on this one but seriously pissing off Union leaders.

There was no game being played by the White House. Congressional Republicans were told the pipeline would be rejected if they insisted on expedited review. They decided they'd rather have the campaign issue than to have the pipeline approved.

Billions for TransCandam wich helps Canada. Only ones outraged is Obama haters and TransCanada.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...tar-sands-pipeline-would-drive-up-prices.html

No offense but you are a fool.

Your oil has to get to market. What part of that don't you understand? Phase III was to connect other states to Cushing as well so the oil could get to the Gulf.

Oh and btw, the Unions are seriously pissed.

Did you know because the press has suppressed it that the head of the AFL CIO Trumka is completely distancing the unions from Obama.

Story suppressed. Basically they are tired of the Dems shitting on them after supporting them all these years.

They are forming a mirror left wing organization of the Tea Party. Kudos to them. I guess they are tired of all the bullshit about "jobs jobs jobs" from a limp dick administration that they thought was for real.

Obama killed jobs to appeal to enviro whack jobs. Not nice to mess with the Unions who put him in power.

About Keystone XL:
•The Keystone XL pipeline is a 2,000 mile pipeline that would transport crude oil derived from Canadian tar sands from Alberta to Texas.
•The pipeline will raise gas and diesel prices in the Midwest, where they are already among the highest in the country. It is estimated that the added cost of the pipeline would be roughly equal to 15 cents per gallon, driving up the cost of living for families at a time when Americans can least afford it.
•The total drain on America’s economy and pocket books could total as much as $3.9 billion annually in 2013, according to what TransCanada told Canada’s National Energy Board.
•Any jobs created will be offset by the higher price of gas and the layoffs that result from the higher cost of doing business. Further, they will be temporary and may not go to local residents, or even Americans.
•TransCanada will generate billions of dollars in profits at the expense of American consumers, and that money will go back to Canada, deepening the U.S. deficit.
•The pipeline will facilitate Canadian crude oil exports to China, not the United States. The market for Canadian crude oil in the Gulf is small. Americans wouldn’t benefit from the crude oil piped in through the Keystone XL.

Mid West Gas Prices - Dirty Oil Sands | A Threat to the New Energy Economy

It's obvious that the shortest rout from Canada to China goes thru Texas and the Gulf.

Damn, what a bunch of crap.

I will leave this one up to you folks to decide. I know in no way shape or form will the average American see the benefits from any proposal by big oil. You will NEVER benefit. You are necessary to sell the product to nothing more, and your interests are of no concern to big oil. Excuse me while I go to the quiet room.

No more than we benefit from oil production anywhere else outside the country. Domestic productions equals jobs. You could argue that Canada imports a lot of stuff, so at the margin additional Canadian production means more imported goods, but that's a bit of a reach.

By NBC's Cydney Weiner

Not all supporters of the Keystone XL oil pipeline are blaming President Obama after he rejected the project proposal yesterday.

One example: Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D).

“What the State Department is tasked with doing is getting a complete application that says, ‘Here is the pipeline being proposed.’ But unfortunately, in an unprecedented way, the governor of Nebraska called a special session, changed the laws in Nebraska so that TransCanada no longer has a route, and there’s been no permit granted in Nebraska,” Schweitzer said today on MSNBC’s "Andrea Mitchell Reports."

Because the pipeline route is not yet approved in Nebraska, President Obama had no choice but to strike down the proposal, Gov. Schweitzer explained.

“In Nebraska, they say it’s going to be at least six months, maybe a year before they can actually grant a permit. And yet we’re standing before the administration and saying to them, ‘We have an inadequate application, it’s not complete, we don’t know where the route is, so we can’t tell you how big the pipeline will be or where it’s going to be delivered to, now we want you to give us approval.’”

He added, “These jokers in Congress that are trying to force the president to approve of an incomplete application are just making mischief. They’re not helping us develop energy,” he said.

Montana, where the employment rate is below the national average at 7.1%, has a particular interest in seeing the pipeline built -- so that its oil can reach the refineries on the Gulf coast and make it to market, Gov. Schweitzer explained.

“As the chief executive of Montana, if they asked me to approve of a pipeline with an incomplete application, I would have to reject it. And I am the biggest proponent of this pipeline in America,” he said.

First Read - Montana governor blames Nebraska - not Obama - for Keystone rejection

No more than we benefit from oil production anywhere else outside the country. Domestic productions equals jobs. You could argue that Canada imports a lot of stuff, so at the margin additional Canadian production means more imported goods, but that's a bit of a reach.

We don't benefit from oil production outside the country?

You are either a liar or completely stupid. Pick one. And fuck off fool.

I know the sequence very well. You are either an idiot or a liar. Choose your poison sir or madame. Your idiots in Washington are truly hurting your own economy over this strange lets save the planet over the pipeline bullshit.

You already have two Keystone lines running to Illinois and Oklahoma. Don't you get it? Where was Darryl Hannah protesting these two pipelines?

This is so much bullshit propaganda your eyes better be brown from it.

" Since 2008, more than 100 open houses and public meetings in six States took place, thousands of pages of supplemental information and responses to questions were submitted to state and federal agencies and the DOS received over 300,000 comments on the project.

A draft, supplemental draft and Final Environmental Impact Statement were all issued for Keystone XL - totaling over 10,000 pages. This was by far the most exhaustive and detailed review ever conducted of a crude oil pipeline in the United States.

Fourteen different routes for Keystone XL were studied, eight that impacted Nebraska. They included one potential alternative route in Nebraska that would have avoided the entire Sandhills region and Ogallala aquifer and six alternatives that would have reduced pipeline mileage crossing the Sandhills or the aquifer.

TransCanada hopes this work will serve as a starting point for the additional review and help expedite the review process.

TransCanada to Work with Department of State on New Keystone XL Route Options

We don't benefit from oil production outside the country?

We benefit in the sense that oil is a fuel needed for certain applications. Can we just speed this up and you get to your point?

Your oil has to get to market. What part of that don't you understand? Phase III was to connect other states to Cushing as well so the oil could get to the Gulf.

Did you know because the press has suppressed it that the head of the AFL CIO Trumka is completely distancing the unions from Obama.

Story suppressed. Basically they are tired of the Dems shitting on them after supporting them all these years.

They are forming a mirror left wing organization of the Tea Party. Kudos to them. I guess they are tired of all the bullshit about "jobs jobs jobs" from a limp dick administration that they thought was for real.

Obama killed jobs to appeal to enviro whack jobs. Not nice to mess with the Unions who put him in power.

About Keystone XL:
•The Keystone XL pipeline is a 2,000 mile pipeline that would transport crude oil derived from Canadian tar sands from Alberta to Texas.
•The pipeline will raise gas and diesel prices in the Midwest, where they are already among the highest in the country. It is estimated that the added cost of the pipeline would be roughly equal to 15 cents per gallon, driving up the cost of living for families at a time when Americans can least afford it.
•The total drain on America’s economy and pocket books could total as much as $3.9 billion annually in 2013, according to what TransCanada told Canada’s National Energy Board.
•Any jobs created will be offset by the higher price of gas and the layoffs that result from the higher cost of doing business. Further, they will be temporary and may not go to local residents, or even Americans.
•TransCanada will generate billions of dollars in profits at the expense of American consumers, and that money will go back to Canada, deepening the U.S. deficit.
•The pipeline will facilitate Canadian crude oil exports to China, not the United States. The market for Canadian crude oil in the Gulf is small. Americans wouldn’t benefit from the crude oil piped in through the Keystone XL.

It's obvious that the shortest rout from Canada to China goes thru Texas and the Gulf.

:lol:

I will now love you and call you George. Thank you so much for realizing the grand caca of this.

Rep coming. And just thanks for a sane post.

Oh boy I don't understand this post at all.

About Keystone XL:

WTF are you talking about?

There was no game being played by the White House. Congressional Republicans were told the pipeline would be rejected if they insisted on expedited review. They decided they'd rather have the campaign issue than to have the pipeline approved.

This has been in the works for years. Truly the only difficulty was the aquifer over Nebraska that I stood against as well. 30 miles to reroute it.

The jobs still could have started at the border NOW while the Nebraska Governor and others could have worked out the other route.

BUT there is Bamm Bamm just shutting it all down.

What a job champ!!!

People who use the "energy independence" argument here have no idea how oil is bought and sold.

By NBC's Cydney Weiner

Not all supporters of the Keystone XL oil pipeline are blaming President Obama after he rejected the project proposal yesterday.

One example: Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D).

“What the State Department is tasked with doing is getting a complete application that says, ‘Here is the pipeline being proposed.’ But unfortunately, in an unprecedented way, the governor of Nebraska called a special session, changed the laws in Nebraska so that TransCanada no longer has a route, and there’s been no permit granted in Nebraska,” Schweitzer said today on MSNBC’s "Andrea Mitchell Reports."

Because the pipeline route is not yet approved in Nebraska, President Obama had no choice but to strike down the proposal, Gov. Schweitzer explained.

“In Nebraska, they say it’s going to be at least six months, maybe a year before they can actually grant a permit. And yet we’re standing before the administration and saying to them, ‘We have an inadequate application, it’s not complete, we don’t know where the route is, so we can’t tell you how big the pipeline will be or where it’s going to be delivered to, now we want you to give us approval.’”

He added, “These jokers in Congress that are trying to force the president to approve of an incomplete application are just making mischief. They’re not helping us develop energy,” he said.

Montana, where the employment rate is below the national average at 7.1%, has a particular interest in seeing the pipeline built -- so that its oil can reach the refineries on the Gulf coast and make it to market, Gov. Schweitzer explained.

“As the chief executive of Montana, if they asked me to approve of a pipeline with an incomplete application, I would have to reject it. And I am the biggest proponent of this pipeline in America,” he said.

First Read - Montana governor blames Nebraska - not Obama - for Keystone rejection

One had nothing to do with the Other. Obama's only Deciding if it can be built From Montana to Canada. The President does not have to approve the Pipe Line from Montana to Texas. The Company already said today they are going forward with that.

Oh boy I don't understand this post at all.

There is a lot of stuff you don't understand.

Canadian production is no better/worse for the United States than any other foreign source. The strongest argument that Canadian production is better for the United States that say, Saudi production, is that Canada is a major trading partner, so some of the money from the purchases will come back to us in the form of increased Canadian consumption of American goods.

Also, how is this pipeline going to create a single job? Aren't you guys the ones always telling us that building something new just drains investment away from something else? I don't agree with your premise, but you guys say it often enough that I wondered how you square this one in your mind.

Forum List

Back