Trans professor is placed on leave after interview defending pedophiles.

I would say that the prosecutors would have charged KR with making a straw purchase, if that were possible. They seemed to be desperately looking for something to pin on him.

But that prosecutor was either playing dumb or was the dumbest MF'er I've ever seen who had a law degree. So, maybe he didn't think of it.
They charged his buddy with the straw purchase.

I remember when social conservatives made these silly ass, slippery slope fallacy arguments, when the left pushed and pushed, on all issues. First it was gay marriage, then it was the trans rights issues moving farther and farther into the mainstream, in all the culture.

The left would push back, saying, it doesn't affect you, what are you worried about? And the other side, would claim, that if some sanity were not restored, they would come after the children.

I had my doubts any Educational Institution or "civil rights" organization would ever condone that.

Well. . . the paranoid hard right, turned out to be correct. :rolleyes:

Virginia prof under fire after saying sexual attraction to children isn’t always immoral​

ODU professor placed on administrative leave after comments on pedophilia​

Dr. Allyn Walker argued for the use of the term “minor-attracted people” to describe people who are attracted to children, instead of “pedophile.”
Hmm... OK, first, yes as soon as someone renames something to sound better - you should immediately be suspect.
Example... Gender reconstructive surgery has been renamed "Gender affirmation procedure". If you have to rename something to sound better, then you are simply trying to hide reality so you feel better about it.
Having said that - unless I am missing something, he is scientifically correct. A person who has a sexual attraction to prepubescent children is not immoral for having the thought, they didn't ask for that fucked up feeling, What makes them immoral is if they act out on those feelings.
That is a pretty well general statement about all of us. We ALL have dark feelings about whatever, all of us, but we don't act out on those feelings and that is what makes us civilized. A better species. We are smart enough to know that acting out those feelings is wrong, because it hurts others.
So whoever this guy is... you take his last sentence - "“I want to be clear: child sexual abuse is an inexcusable crime,” Walker said. “As an assistant professor of sociology and criminal justice, the goal of my research is to prevent crime.”
I think what he is saying is, it is the act of a person that makes them a criminal, not the thought. Hell we would all be guilty of one crime or another then,.

Hmm... OK, first, yes as soon as someone renames something to sound better - you should immediately be suspect.
Example... Gender reconstructive surgery has been renamed "Gender affirmation procedure". If you have to rename something to sound better, then you are simply trying to hide reality so you feel better about it.
Having said that - unless I am missing something, he is scientifically correct. A person who has a sexual attraction to prepubescent children is not immoral for having the thought, they didn't ask for that fucked up feeling, What makes them immoral is if they act out on those feelings.
That is a pretty well general statement about all of us. We ALL have dark feelings about whatever, all of us, but we don't act out on those feelings and that is what makes us civilized. A better species. We are smart enough to know that acting out those feelings is wrong, because it hurts others.
So whoever this guy is... you take his last sentence - "“I want to be clear: child sexual abuse is an inexcusable crime,” Walker said. “As an assistant professor of sociology and criminal justice, the goal of my research is to prevent crime.”
I think what he is saying is, it is the act of a person that makes them a criminal, not the thought. Hell we would all be guilty of one crime or another then,.
You're not wrong about any of that. But, with pedophilia, I think that it is not wise, nor helpful, to reveal this attraction publicly. Talk to a counselor or psychologist who understands the difference between thoughts and actions and can offer strategies to avoid bad actions.

He said that child sexual abuse is an inexcusable crime? I'd be willing to bet that if you read his writing further, you will find that he sees a distinction between sexual activity with a "willing" child and sexual abuse.

You're not wrong about any of that. But, with pedophilia, I think that it is not wise, nor helpful, to reveal this attraction publicly. Talk to a counselor or psychologist who understands the difference between thoughts and actions and can offer strategies to avoid bad actions.

He said that child sexual abuse is an inexcusable crime? I'd be willing to bet that if you read his writing further, you will find that he sees a distinction between sexual activity with a "willing" child and sexual abuse.
And he might, which is why I stated "I don't know who this guy is" as a disclaimer to what I was saying about his opinion.
But if he was put on leave for saying this, that is wrong. And part of an overall cancel culture that seeks to censor people for saying something that may be unpopular, but accurate.
Every person on this forum who disagrees with, say, Ben Shapiro being banned from speaking at a college - should be against this man from getting censored as well. Even if they don't like what he said, in fact especially if they don't like what he said.

So, if a 17 year old high school boy has 15 year old girlfriend, is he a " minor attracted person?" Are they both minor attracted persons as both the 17 year old and 15 year old are minors.

The new Minor Attracted Person thing to describe a pedophile is in itself a perversion.

Far Left & Left consider Pedo/ NAMBLA types “ Just Practitioners of another alternative Lifestyle”
And deserving of Special Rights & Protections as LGBTQPN Folks

Bumping this thread, b/c there is sure a lot of folks complaining that there is no voice for conservatives on this issue.

And when ever I need to find it, it gets hard to find.

Forum List

Back