Tragedy in Ramat Gan: Baby forgotten in vehicle dies

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
4PM today, a 9 months old baby was found inside a family vehicle after being forgotten by her father for more than 7 hours. The temperature outside at the time was nearly 40 degrees.

11493_553581091350468_1404082196_n.jpg

Source: Ynet.

----------------

:(

They say that now students work on a new "application", something like "baby-feel" just for the car, so when the baby's heartbeat cannot be felt, an alarm will go off or something.

I hope they obligate parents to do put in in every car.

So sad!

That is a question many of us ask, Coyote.

There was a summer, i think it was two years ago? that this happened almost every day. I remember walking with my mom one day near the bank, and we spotted a young girl in the car with the windows closed. She wasn't a baby, so naturally, if suddenly lacking air she could have cried out for help from inside, but because it happened almost every day that time that a child was forgotten, she refused to leave and tried to communicate with the little girl.

Poor thing was more scared of my mom than the fact that she was in the car alone. Well, at that time it was really for a minute that she was left there, because she was told to, and the mom did come back pretty quickly, she even thanked my mom that she was alert to the situation. but many cases previously the child would have LITERALLY burned to death before being spotted by good Samaritans who simply couldn't do anything anymore because it was too late.

That is something that I don't get. people don't forget their Iphones or expensive purse, so a BABY? that's just so so wrong and sad.

People are too preoccupied nowadays. It should be second-nature to glance at the car as you close the driver's door on getting out.

How can you leave a baby in a car for 7 hours?????

Negligence ! I mean, obviously it was an accident, but common now ! You shouldn't leave your baby in the car alone for a second ! The moment you exit the car, you take your child with you ! Even it you are running an errand that takes 10 seconds !

Of course, I have sympathy for the father who now has to live the rest of his life knowing he is directly responsible for the death of his child :(

I would have never left any child unattended in public alone. I was a single parent and took my toddler child with me every where. The crying and tantrums in the stores or where ever I went were worth the alternative of losing my kid, or anybodies kid.

4PM today, a 9 months old baby was found inside a family vehicle after being forgotten by her father for more than 7 hours. The temperature outside at the time was nearly 40 degrees.

11493_553581091350468_1404082196_n.jpg

Source: Ynet.

----------------

:(

Thats terribble, prayers for the child.:(

This actually happens quite a bit, when I was in Virginia a guy forgot to take his son to daycare and drove straight to work, tired and exhausted. The boy was asleep and he forgot all about him, the child died and the father tried to commit suicide a few times.

This actually happens quite a bit, when I was in Virginia a guy forgot to take his son to daycare and drove straight to work, tired and exhausted. The boy was asleep and he forgot all about him, the child died and the father tried to commit suicide a few times.

That is sad in so many ways :( :( :( I guess I can see how that can happen :(

That is sad in so many ways :( :( :( I guess I can see how that can happen :(

You got to be really careful, unless someone comes along and sees the baby in the car it will die if left for a long time.

I would have never left any child unattended in public alone. I was a single parent and took my toddler child with me every where. The crying and tantrums in the stores or where ever I went were worth the alternative of losing my kid, or anybodies kid.

It always drive me crazy when those things happen.

Negligence ! I mean, obviously it was an accident, but common now ! You shouldn't leave your baby in the car alone for a second ! The moment you exit the car, you take your child with you ! Even it you are running an errand that takes 10 seconds !

Of course, I have sympathy for the father who now has to live the rest of his life knowing he is directly responsible for the death of his child :(

people say that those things happen because of drastic changes in daylife. I mean, if we think about it, it's the beginning of July, suddenly its summer vacation, normally the dad knows his kids are in school or in the kindergarten or with the nanny. So the father 'forget' that he's taking the kid to the summer daycare because he's used to drive to work alone.

But anyway you look at it, its just so wrong and sad.

Oh God. That's awful.

Oh God. That's awful.

I know, I've heard a few stories like this though.

Forum List

Back