Tracking the el nino

So tooth, is el nino part of the Atlantic? Dah......

No, but it has effects on the Atlantic.

You need to learn the basics before you mindlessly spout off here. That way, you won't look so stupid each time you post.

Also, lose the namecalling. I don't call you names, because I choose to act like a grownup. You are capable of making the same choice, so make it. The biggest reason why everyone on all sides ignores you is that you constantly act like a badly-behaved child.

Now, if you insist on keeping up the namecalling, I can invent some names for you. I return the respect I get. Let me know.

So tooth, is el nino part of the Atlantic? Dah......

No, but it has effects on the Atlantic.

You need to learn the basics before you mindlessly spout off here. That way, you won't look so stupid each time you post.

Also, lose the namecalling. I don't call you names, because I choose to act like a grownup. You are capable of making the same choice, so make it. The biggest reason why everyone on all sides ignores you is that you constantly act like a badly-behaved child.

Now, if you insist on keeping up the namecalling, I can invent some names for you. I return the respect I get. Let me know.
BTW, I read most of the article you posted, funny, no mention of el nino in it. Go read what ocean has el ninos.

El stupido

Last edited:
Abstract

Hurricanes result in considerable damage in the United States. Previous work has shown that Atlantic hurricane landfalls in the United States have a strong relationship with the El Niño-Southern Oscillation phenomena. This paper compares the hist orical record of La Niña and El Niño events defined by eastern Pacific sea surface temperature with a dataset of hurricane losses normalized to 1997 values. A significant relationship is found between the ENSO cycle and U.S. hurricane losse s, with La Niña years exhibiting much more damage. Used appropriately, this relationship is of potential value to decision makers who are able to manage risk based on probabilistic information.

1. Introduction

La Niña and El Niño are the popular terms for alternating cold and warm phases of ocean temperatures in the eastern and central Pacific Ocean off the coast of South America (Glantz 1999). The entire cycle is referred to as the El Ni ño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and has gained prominence over the past year with the occurrence of one of the strongest El Niño events on record (Bell and Halpert 1998). Reliable predictions of the onset and development of various phases of the ENSO cycle and their associated worldwide climate anomalies (or teleconnections; see Glantz et al. 1991) hold the promise of benefits to decision makers with the ability to use them effectively. To date, the scientific community generally predicts sea surface temperatures in one of several regions of the Pacific and then forecasts general weather tendencies based on documented relationships from climatological records. This process makes the connection of ENSO forecasts and societal benefits difficul t for most decision makers. Consequently, few decision makers are able to directly use information on Pacific sea surface temperatures to their benefit (Latif et al. 1998). This note discusses the relationship of sea surface temperatures and Atlantic hur ricane damages in the United States, and strongly suggests that a reliable forecast of Pacific sea surface temperatures is of potential value to decision makers capable of hedging with probabalistic information.

Real information from real scientists, not people pulling shit out of their assholes. The ENSO and Atlantic Hurricane season connection.

Of course we do have a super hero climate guy:

10981925_660382174096754_2953882891350133799_n.jpg
BTW, why can't super hero climate guy make it rain in California? Just saying

Abstract

Hurricanes result in considerable damage in the United States. Previous work has shown that Atlantic hurricane landfalls in the United States have a strong relationship with the El Niño-Southern Oscillation phenomena. This paper compares the hist orical record of La Niña and El Niño events defined by eastern Pacific sea surface temperature with a dataset of hurricane losses normalized to 1997 values. A significant relationship is found between the ENSO cycle and U.S. hurricane losse s, with La Niña years exhibiting much more damage. Used appropriately, this relationship is of potential value to decision makers who are able to manage risk based on probabilistic information.

1. Introduction

La Niña and El Niño are the popular terms for alternating cold and warm phases of ocean temperatures in the eastern and central Pacific Ocean off the coast of South America (Glantz 1999). The entire cycle is referred to as the El Ni ño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and has gained prominence over the past year with the occurrence of one of the strongest El Niño events on record (Bell and Halpert 1998). Reliable predictions of the onset and development of various phases of the ENSO cycle and their associated worldwide climate anomalies (or teleconnections; see Glantz et al. 1991) hold the promise of benefits to decision makers with the ability to use them effectively. To date, the scientific community generally predicts sea surface temperatures in one of several regions of the Pacific and then forecasts general weather tendencies based on documented relationships from climatological records. This process makes the connection of ENSO forecasts and societal benefits difficul t for most decision makers. Consequently, few decision makers are able to directly use information on Pacific sea surface temperatures to their benefit (Latif et al. 1998). This note discusses the relationship of sea surface temperatures and Atlantic hur ricane damages in the United States, and strongly suggests that a reliable forecast of Pacific sea surface temperatures is of potential value to decision makers capable of hedging with probabalistic information.

Real information from real scientists, not people pulling shit out of their assholes. The ENSO and Atlantic Hurricane season connection.
holy crap. oh yeah. that is really crap!! LMAO, anything is in play with your group isn't it.

Hey BTW, every el nino article today is nothing but a prediction, you get that right? I'm just saying. there is no evidence of el nino, just a hope and a prediction. cracks me up. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww

globalsst_nowcast_anim30d.gif

IN this world view you can see that the Indian Ocean is harboring most of the heat. The cross over into the Indian ocean through the Archipelago renders the heated water dead. Without oscillations to push it back across the pacific there is no significant El Nino..

So you are now a supporter of "guvment" models. This is an interesting turn of events. Did Al Gore work his voodoo on your too?

Your own models show the cooling of the ocean waters, which is the point I was driving home, and it still went over your head..

IN this world view you can see that the Indian Ocean is harboring most of the heat. The cross over into the Indian ocean through the Archipelago renders the heated water dead. Without oscillations to push it back across the pacific there is no significant El Nino..

So you are now a supporter of "guvment" models. This is an interesting turn of events. Did Al Gore work his voodoo on your too?

Your own models show the cooling of the ocean waters, which is the point I was driving home, and it still went over your head..
I know, right? I have pointed that out repeatedly, but alas, the PREDICTION is that an el nino will happen 90% confidence. And yet, the weather patterns don't line up for one and the heat stays in the western Pacific.

I know, right? I have pointed that out repeatedly, but alas, the PREDICTION is that an el nino will happen 90% confidence. And yet, the weather patterns don't line up for one and the heat stays in the western Pacific.

There is more fun to be had. McCarthy Et al:
The new paper by McCarthy et al. (2015) Ocean impact on decadal Atlantic climate variability revealed by sea-level observations has gained some attention around the blogosphere. McCarthy et al. (2015) was discussed by Jo Nova here, at ReportingClimateScience here and LiveScience here. Also see the University of Southampton press release Global climate on verge of multi-decadal change.

As could be expected, the alarmist mainstream media have so far chosen to ignore a paper that discusses an upcoming multidecadal natural suppression of global warming…probably because indicates the slowdown in global surface warming should continue and it implies the natural variability of the North Atlantic contributed to the global warming we have seen since the mid-1970s.

Yep, its gonna be fun... The evidence continues to mount showing CO2 has little or no effect on our planets temp... The oceans on the other hand.......

Source

You must be color blind, because what I see is deep red in the equatorial region all across the planet!

You must be color blind, because what I see is deep red in the equatorial region all across the planet!
hahahahahahahahahahaahhaahah, you do know that is a temperature map and not an anomaly map right?

Too busy with the Texas takeover. Didn't you know? Huh.
So I guess California doesn't rate up there so many years?

Of course not. Too many resources tied up trying to put down those Texas two-steppers, don'tcha know.
meaning California isn't worth it then!!

hahahahahahahahahahaahhaahah, you do know that is a temperature map and not an anomaly map right?

Yes is certainly is a temperature map. Notice all that red. What temperature do you think that represents? Look at the legend, dummy.

HE missed that point... The anomalies are near zero right now..

HE missed that point... The anomalies are near zero right now..
I know. He thought those were anomalies showing big time change. this shit cracks me up. And he'll deny it. watch.

Too busy with the Texas takeover. Didn't you know? Huh.
So I guess California doesn't rate up there so many years?

Of course not. Too many resources tied up trying to put down those Texas two-steppers, don'tcha know.
meaning California isn't worth it then!!

Why would Obama flood California with his secret weather machine? Unlike Texas, California likes him. You didn't know? Huh.

Yes is certainly is a temperature map. Notice all that red. What temperature do you think that represents? Look at the legend, dummy.
Dah.......................... that's the warmest part of the globe all year round you fool.

Forum List

Back