Towards an advanced civilization

Whereisup

Jul 28, 2013
My central interest is that we create an advanced civilization, although since there is much knowledge yet to be discovered, I don't know how advanced an advanced civilization could be and exactly what it would look like. There are problems in our current civilization that need to be solved, of course, and possible experiments we might wish to make.

My name is James F. Newell (Jim) and at seventy, I am no longer working for money, although I still work full time on my own projects. Politically, I don't believe in any particular economic system, in part because they all need to be improved. What I am interested in is trying to come up with the best possible new solutions to problems which aren't being dealt with at the moment.

I do think that any of my ideas could be improved upon, so if any of you see a way to tweak any of my ideas so they would work better, I would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

I live in a tiny town in a valley in the mountains of Northern California. This has some inconveniences, but it is quite beautiful when the snow is on the surrounding mountains. It is also inexpensive. A decade ago, I purchased an older mobile home on a double lot for $49,000 so I don't have any rent to pay and property taxes are low. This is a difficult area for agriculture due to wild swings in temperature in the spring, so I have been experimenting with growing various kinds of fruit trees and bushes, and enough flowers to keep up the population of the wild bees, incase the domestic honey bee problem becomes worse.

Jim

Welcome Whereisup! You gave an interesting introduction post! I looked up your post on the USPS and thought you did that very well. I added my thoughts on to it for I had written the PG myself once!

You will be an asset to this board. Again, welcome!

My central interest is that we create an advanced civilization, although since there is much knowledge yet to be discovered, I don't know how advanced an advanced civilization could be and exactly what it would look like. There are problems in our current civilization that need to be solved, of course, and possible experiments we might wish to make.

My name is James F. Newell (Jim) and at seventy, I am no longer working for money, although I still work full time on my own projects. Politically, I don't believe in any particular economic system, in part because they all need to be improved. What I am interested in is trying to come up with the best possible new solutions to problems which aren't being dealt with at the moment.

I do think that any of my ideas could be improved upon, so if any of you see a way to tweak any of my ideas so they would work better, I would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

I live in a tiny town in a valley in the mountains of Northern California. This has some inconveniences, but it is quite beautiful when the snow is on the surrounding mountains. It is also inexpensive. A decade ago, I purchased an older mobile home on a double lot for $49,000 so I don't have any rent to pay and property taxes are low. This is a difficult area for agriculture due to wild swings in temperature in the spring, so I have been experimenting with growing various kinds of fruit trees and bushes, and enough flowers to keep up the population of the wild bees, incase the domestic honey bee problem becomes worse.

Jim
Welcome to USMB, Jim. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Sometimes an orangerie is just the ticket for fruit trees in marginal climate areas, except this one's owners paved where you grow the tree. :rolleyes:

Orangeri-24.jpg

Thank you for the welcome everyone. From the ideas being posted I have seen, it looks like I will enjoy the message board.

Jim

Forum List

Back