Totalitarian Television

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Bill O’Reilly tries his best to make the Internet the great technological Satan when the award rightly goes to television. He is too well-informed not to know that the government is out to abolish freedom of speech on the Internet, yet he is the only television personalty that I know of who is doing the government’s dirty work.

This excerpt from a great piece by Dennis Prager justifies my contempt for Bill O’Reilly:

It is almost impossible to overstate the power of mass media. If the mass media of a society constantly communicate something — anything — most of the society will believe it. Without mass media, none of the totalitarian regimes of the 20th century would have been possible. Totalitarianism is a new phenomenon because mass media are a new phenomenon.​

Bill O’Reilly is a Roman Catholic, a teacher, and a talking head with a very large audience. Any one of the three would identify him as a totalitarian who comes by his love of government naturally:

totalitarian (adjective)

Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: "A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).

noun
A practitioner or supporter of such a government.

totalitarianism (noun)​

I do have one slight disagreement with Dennis Prager.

Totalitarianism is a new phenomenon because mass media are a new phenomenon.​

Governments slaughtering their own people in the millions is the only new phenomenon. Every government and every religion ends up totalitarian. Look at where a once free people are at today if you doubt it. When television threw in with everything that was done to get here it was Bill O’Reilly and his kind who laid the groundwork for the butchery that will come to Americans as surely as it comes to the people in every totalitarian government.

Let me point out that everything that gives the government the legal right to murder their own people will be made possible by television. The Ottoman Empire, Nazi Germany, and the Soviet Union notwithstanding, radio and print journalism alone could not have gotten Americans to this point.

If there is any truth in Prager’s closing sentence:

There doesn’t appear to be anything that they cannot persuade most people, in any country, to believe.​

October 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Media Much Scarier than Ebola
They’re creating a nationwide hysteria.
By Dennis Prager

Media Much Scarier than Ebola National Review Online

the question has to be “Why didn’t television come down on the side of life, instead of doing so much to destroy it?”

Let me close with a brief word about eliminating tax deductible advertising dollars. Corporations and businesses give television all of that money well-knowing where television is taking the country. The rest of us are forced to pay for their beliefs. In short: There is not one logical reason for advertisers to get a free pass for helping median tear down this country.

Last edited:
Whenever Bill O’Reilly gets to moralizing on any topic he manages to get in a plug for the government. He had the moral bit in his teeth last night when he enlightened his audience on the evils of racism:

Move the cursor to 50 seconds and you’ll hear this:

Laws and high level decisions are not based on skin color anymore.​

Give O’Reilly the benefit of the doubt and say he was only doing his “Hooray for the federal government” shtick. Should you be less generous than I you might say that O’Reilly is either a fool or he is deliberately lying.

Everything Taqiyya the Liar and his congressional Democrats ever did was driven by racism. Immigration laws and election laws were, and are, totally ignored. Every criminal law decision made by Taqiyya’s Justice Department involving a black on white crime was arrived at because of black racism.

Implementing Taqiyya’s domestic and foreign policies is even more racist than laws and high level decisions. I guess O’Reilly forgot to mention that.

Bill O’Reilly is right in one sense. Laws and high level decisions are not based on white skin color anymore. Question: Tell me one Supreme Court decision that reined in black racism unleashed by the Civil Rights Movement?

Bottom line: Whenever O’Reilly and his kind say anything that makes the federal government look good they are knowingly endorsing more of the hatred and division the growth of the federal government brought to this country. Racism against white Americans tops the list.

Forum List

Back