Total destruction: GOP out to biggest generic ballot leads in history in both Gallup

Like I said:

2012 will be enormous. Especially after Republicans have targeted:

Hispanics
Blacks
gays
feminists
those with education
the poor
the unemployed
American small business
atheists
liberals
Muslims
the middle class
scientists

Not a whole lot left to "go after".

Where am I "mistaken"?

AHHHH - attempting to ignore the conservative landslide coming in 2010 are we??? :eusa_angel:
he will be DEVASTATED
and we will see "post election stress disorder" again

:lol:

No kidding - how can anyone ignore the midterms and just jump on over to 2012 and have even a shred of serious worth to a discussion regarding current American politics???

Poor little bastard is really grasping at anything and everything but reality...

you probably agree with harry reid. it is unimaginable that someone of hispanic heritage would even consider voting republican. it's funny, dems are trying to do to mexicans what they did to black. create a permanent underclass that is dependent on their social programs. if i were a black, i'd be worried that dems are gonna forget about me and move on to the new "guy".
brown is the new black

it doesn't. and it certainly won't in the next 80 days. that was the point.

give me a hstoric reference of a president that took over an economy with unemployment at 7.5% and then took it to 9.5% and then claimed his policies not only "got us out of the ditch" but worked sooner than expected?

LOL

He got us out of the ditch all right.

He then proceeded to drive us right off the damned cliff.

Guys a fucking disaster.

You cant even name anything can you?

Show us a time in history when an economy in the same situation was turned arround in a year and a half.

Hi TM, I dare you to read this...

Scroll down to this part after reading how ever much you need to understand the 1920 DEPRESSION. Interpretations of the end.

Notice the 1920’s depression was worse than what we are in today and was "fixed" not only quicker than your “year and a half” timeline but oddly doing the opposite of what FDR and Bush/Obama (and you argue) are doing or did...

Look up FDR and how he dealt with his depression by expanding Government to epic proportions... Tell us all what depression ended sooner, the one countered with shrinking Government and lowering taxes under Warren Harding or FDR’s depression with tax hikes and massive entitlement programs.

1920’s depression under Warren Harding Depression of 1920?21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Harding’s Government style is known as Laissez faire. Laissez-faire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feel free to look up how the US dealt with the Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under FDR.

So history, in the US, as fact support the polar opposite of what Obama/Bush/YOU would do to get things fixed.

You are “liberal,” but defined by the modern day “History starts when I say so” liberal mentality. This allows you to become nothing more than a ball of stupidity rolling out of control.

You don’t even know about the 1920’s depression because it was fixed so quickly. You don’t know about the 1920’s depression because somehow it being fixed “too quickly” magically made it not a real depression. You believe a recession/depression should take 10 years to be fixed and in the end you couldn’t tell us how FDR’s policies “fixed” anything or explain why things got continually worse.

Last edited:
So you're saying that the Republicans Party isn't 90% white and Christian?

how many rich white male born again christians are there in this country?

So you're saying the Republican party isn't 90% white and Christian? Is it or isn't it.

WTF, like 75% of Americans are white... Near anything you do, anywhere you go, you will see more whites than ANY OTHER NATINALITY...

Dude are you just outright racist or something? If there was anything near the numbers "dumb, gun happy, racist Christians" out there don't you think there would be a whole lot white on black crimes??? Isn’t it more Black on Black crimes out there? Man, Black people must REALLY hate Black people...

Black on Black Crime Coalition

I know nothing will change you from being the racist biggot you have become but please, just please STFU you coward.

how many rich white male born again christians are there in this country?

So you're saying the Republican party isn't 90% white and Christian? Is it or isn't it.

WTF, like 75% of Americans are white... Near anything you do, anywhere you go, you will see more whites than ANY OTHER NATINALITY...

Dude are you just outright racist or something? If there was anything near the numbers "dumb, gun happy, racist Christians" out there don't you think there would be a whole lot white on black crimes??? Isn’t it more Black on Black crimes out there? Man, Black people must REALLY hate Black people...

Black on Black Crime Coalition

I know nothing will change you from being the racist biggot you have become but please, just please STFU you coward.

:clap2:

LOL

He got us out of the ditch all right.

He then proceeded to drive us right off the damned cliff.

Guys a fucking disaster.

Show us a time in history when an economy in the same situation was turned arround in a year and a half.

Scroll down to this part after reading how ever much you need to understand the 1920 DEPRESSION. Interpretations of the end.

Notice the 1920’s depression was worse than what we are in today and was "fixed" not only quicker than your “year and a half” timeline but oddly doing the opposite of what FDR and Bush/Obama (and you argue) are doing or did...

Look up FDR and how he dealt with his depression by expanding Government to epic proportions... Tell us all what depression ended sooner, the one countered with shrinking Government and lowering taxes under Warren Harding or FDR’s depression with tax hikes and massive entitlement programs.

1920’s depression under Warren Harding Depression of 1920?21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Harding’s Government style is known as Laissez faire. Laissez-faire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feel free to look up how the US dealt with the Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under FDR.

So history, in the US, as fact support the polar opposite of what Obama/Bush/YOU would do to get things fixed.

You are “liberal,” but defined by the modern day “History starts when I say so” liberal mentality. This allows you to become nothing more than a ball of stupidity rolling out of control.

You don’t even know about the 1920’s depression because it was fixed so quickly. You don’t know about the 1920’s depression because somehow it being fixed “too quickly” magically made it not a real depression. You believe a recession/depression should take 10 years to be fixed and in the end you couldn’t tell us how FDR’s policies “fixed” anything or explain why things got continually worse.
Avory... getting TM to read AND comprehend anything that makes sense is a fools errand.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks... but you CAN beat him repeatedly with a rolled up newspaper.

Avory... getting TM to read AND comprehend anything that makes sense is a fools errand.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks... but you CAN beat him repeatedly with a rolled up newspaper.

I understand, but I use TM as a way to inform others, like I'm sure lots here do. People come here and read but don't post, they see TM and maybe at first think "yeah, that person gets it!" Then they watch TM get utterly destroyed, these people also see that TM never admits she is wrong or seems to learn anything...

I think most people that might have once agreed with TM feel embarrassed and learn though watching her get plowed. TM is like the voice in a cartoon asking the really stupid question presented as fact so the “teacher” can correct the student.

I wonder if TM responds to any of this if somehow she will drop the race card… I’m not able to see how it could be done but I know if there was anyone that could do it, TM would be that person.

Last edited:

I understand, but I use TM as a way to inform others, like I'm sure lots here do. People come here and read but don't post, they see TM and maybe at first think "yeah, that person gets it!" Then they watch TM get utterly destroyed, these people also see that TM never admits she is wrong or seems to learn anything...

I think most people that might have once agreed with TM feel embarrassed and learn though watching her get plowed. TM is like the voice in a cartoon asking the really stupid question presented as fact so the “teacher” can correct the student.

I wonder if TM responds to any of this if somehow she will drop the race card… I’m not able to see how it could be done but I know if there was anyone that could do it, TM would be that person.
zona gives her a run for that race card draw
lol

zona gives her a run for that race card draw
lol

True Dat...

Holy smokes how the liberal ruling class has created perhaps the greatest midterm election firestorm of the modern era...
___

Total destruction: GOP out to biggest generic ballot leads in history in both Gallup and Rasmussen

Republican candidates have jumped out to a record-setting 12-point lead over Democrats on the Generic Congressional Ballot for the week ending Sunday, August 15, 2010. This is the biggest lead the GOP has held in over a decade of Rasmussen Reports surveying.

Meanwhile, because he’s clearly a political genius, Obama’s still whining about Republican opposition to an agenda that’s so unpopular that it’s carrying them to unprecedented leads in major polls. Exit question: Democrats can’t figure out a plan for the midterms. Any ideas?

_____

Hot Air Total destruction: GOP out to biggest generic ballot leads in history in both Gallup and Rasmussen
_____

And now Gallup has Obama at just 41% approval - another all time low.

A couple more weeks and he will be in the 30's.

What a dramatic fall from political grace for the untested and largely unknown Obama...

Maybe we should wait for the actual ELECTIONS before adhering to media hype and various polls? I seem to recall various conservatives, new conservatives (neocons), right wingers and wingnuts all carrying on about how the "liberal press" and subsequent polls skewed and prejudiced the 2008 elections. Now suddenly the vary same organizations are golden?

Actually no - just this past week Obama polled his lowest in Gallup history and hardly a word of it by the mainstream media - and now today, many of the left leaning pundits are running about trying to create cover for Obama's idiotic Ground Zero Mosque commentary.

If the media was more balanced, Obama's approval numbers would be even lower and Democrats in his own party would be moving to impeach the idiot.

Yeah - he is proving THAT BAD.

To those who warned us back in 2008 that Obama was going to be this bad I owe you an apology - I was one of too many who was saying give the guy a chance. Yeah, he is inexperienced, and I didn't vote for him, but now that he won the election, let's give him a chance to earn our trust and respect.

Good Lord was I proven wrong and all those warning this guy was going to be a complete and utter failure of American values and leadership, well - YOU WERE RIGHT.

So essentially, you avoided my point and then compounded your original assertion with more supposition and conjecture, thus assuming the position that you've correct on both counts.

Sorry, that "logic" just doesn't hold. History has taught us that political races have time and again defied the polls and predictions. The MSM has given nearly unfettered avenues to the neocon punditry to lambast Obama at every turn since the 2008 campaign....maybe it will pay off, maybe not. It all depends on whether the American people are willing to put back into power the very people that screwed them over and pretend it never happened...the same people who offer NOTHING but a rehash of the very policies that put this country into the terrible status that Obama inherited. Time will tell.

You seem to sincerely believe that talking point. Even if it was true, The Big 0 has had two years and a Trillion dollars to do anything he wanted to do and what he has done has made the situation worse.

It's not like he had a plan and the evil Republicans made him stop or change it. He had a plan and he implemented it in whole with no amendments and no reservations. Also no improvements.

Everything is worse than when he started trying to fix it. That is failure with a capital F and a huge price tag.

Holy smokes how the liberal ruling class has created perhaps the greatest midterm election firestorm of the modern era...
___

Total destruction: GOP out to biggest generic ballot leads in history in both Gallup and Rasmussen

Republican candidates have jumped out to a record-setting 12-point lead over Democrats on the Generic Congressional Ballot for the week ending Sunday, August 15, 2010. This is the biggest lead the GOP has held in over a decade of Rasmussen Reports surveying.

Meanwhile, because he’s clearly a political genius, Obama’s still whining about Republican opposition to an agenda that’s so unpopular that it’s carrying them to unprecedented leads in major polls. Exit question: Democrats can’t figure out a plan for the midterms. Any ideas?

_____

Hot Air Total destruction: GOP out to biggest generic ballot leads in history in both Gallup and Rasmussen

imgres

*This paid advertisement brought to you by Sinatra.

Flatly no comparison with the Great Depression and the Great Recession. As the factories tooled back to consumer consumption in 1919 and 1920, the working and middle classes pushed the boom, not big business. What a bunch of class-warfare morons from the far whack right.

Suds, you are so lost.

Actually no - just this past week Obama polled his lowest in Gallup history and hardly a word of it by the mainstream media - and now today, many of the left leaning pundits are running about trying to create cover for Obama's idiotic Ground Zero Mosque commentary.

If the media was more balanced, Obama's approval numbers would be even lower and Democrats in his own party would be moving to impeach the idiot.

Yeah - he is proving THAT BAD.

To those who warned us back in 2008 that Obama was going to be this bad I owe you an apology - I was one of too many who was saying give the guy a chance. Yeah, he is inexperienced, and I didn't vote for him, but now that he won the election, let's give him a chance to earn our trust and respect.

Good Lord was I proven wrong and all those warning this guy was going to be a complete and utter failure of American values and leadership, well - YOU WERE RIGHT.

So essentially, you avoided my point and then compounded your original assertion with more supposition and conjecture, thus assuming the position that you've correct on both counts.

Sorry, that "logic" just doesn't hold. History has taught us that political races have time and again defied the polls and predictions. The MSM has given nearly unfettered avenues to the neocon punditry to lambast Obama at every turn since the 2008 campaign....maybe it will pay off, maybe not. It all depends on whether the American people are willing to put back into power the very people that screwed them over and pretend it never happened...the same people who offer NOTHING but a rehash of the very policies that put this country into the terrible status that Obama inherited. Time will tell.

You seem to sincerely believe that talking point. Even if it was true, The Big 0 has had two years and a Trillion dollars to do anything he wanted to do and what he has done has made the situation worse.

It's not like he had a plan and the evil Republicans made him stop or change it. He had a plan and he implemented it in whole with no amendments and no reservations. Also no improvements.

Everything is worse than when he started trying to fix it. That is failure with a capital F and a huge price tag.

Well said.

Obama and the Dems had COMPLETE CONTROL for two years. The Dems have had COMPLETE CONTROL of Congress for nearly four years.

This Obama administration and current Democrat Congress are an absolute TRAIN WRECK - having taken the worst aspects of the Bush years and doubled down on them - or in the case of the deficit, tripled down on them.

They have taken a once proud and strong Democrat Party and torn it asunder...

I have learned a few things on this thread. First off I did not know about the depression in 1920. That was very interesting. Anyway on with why I am posting. I have watched what has been going on here to correct the financial issue we are currently in. It does not seem to be working in my opinion.
Now while Bush was president he signed the first stimulus package into law. When it came into effect it seemed to make things worse instead of better. Now there is only two ways you can go with this. You can say it did not work because you should ride it out and let everything correct itself or he did not have a big enough stimulus.

If you believe that you should ride it out then you would believe what the Republicans and Bush did at the end of his term was wrong. If you believe that the second stimulus was necessary then you believe what the the Republicans and Bush did was the right thing but they just did not through enough money at it the first time.

Now for the blame game that seems to be going on. I see here a lot where people blame the Republicans for the health care law that passed being less than desired by Obama. If you go back and look at the vote Republicans still did not vote for it even though it was watered down. So how can you blame them when your own party are the ones who passed the law without help from the Republicans. I also here about the Blue Dog Democrats but the problem with them is they are still Democrats. Everything that has been passed that Obama is hanging his hat on has done so without any Republican help. If it was not what he wanted then he can blame his fellow Democrats because he has the votes.

Now I personally do not think that throwing money at the problem is working. I think if we tighten our belts and quit trying to save companies that we will find that things will work themselves out. We have not tried that much since Clinton was in office. It has been pointed out here more than once how both Democrats and Republicans have been spending more money than we have whether or not Obama or Bush were in office. Maybe it is time to give true fiscal conservatism a try.

Last edited:
I have learned a few things on this thread. First off I did not know about the depression in 1920. That was very interesting. Anyway on with why I am posting. I have watched what has been going on here to correct the financial issue we are currently in. It does not seem to be working in my opinion.
Now while Bush was president he signed the first stimulus package into law. When it came into effect it seemed to make things worse instead of better. Now there is only two ways you can go with this. You can say it did not work because you should ride it out and let everything correct itself or he did not have a big enough stimulus.

If you believe that you should ride it out then you would believe what the Republicans and Bush did at the end of his term was wrong. If you believe that the second stimulus was necessary then you believe what the the Republicans and Bush did was the right thing but they just did not through enough money at it the first time.

Now for the blame game that seems to be going on. I see here a lot where people blame the Republicans for the health care law that passed being less than desired by Obama. If you go back and look at the vote Republicans still did not vote for it even though it was watered down. So how can you blame them when your own party are the ones who passed the law without help from the Republicans. I also here about the Blue Dog Democrats but the problem with them is they are still Democrats. Everything that has been passed that Obama is hanging his hat on has done so without any Republican help. If it was not what he wanted then he can blame his fellow Democrats because he has the votes.

Now I personally do not think that throwing money at the problem is working. I think if we tighten our belts and quit trying to save companies that we will find that things will work themselves out. We have not tried that much since Clinton was in office. It has been pointed out here more than once how both Democrats and Republicans have been spending more money than we have whether or not Obama or Bush were in office. Maybe it is time to give true fiscal conservatism a try.

Well said.

:clap2:

Sinatra and the ideological revisionists of the far right are an absolute train wreck for their side.

Many folks here that don't like BHO or democrats in office are saying (1) we can't go back to the party that betrayed us, and (2) we don't want to vote for the democrats, so (3) we will stay home.

That is a shame, because the GOP had a real chance to dump Boehner and McConnell move into the 21st century.

Well said.

Obama and the Dems had COMPLETE CONTROL for two years. The Dems have had COMPLETE CONTROL of Congress for nearly four years.

This Obama administration and current Democrat Congress are an absolute TRAIN WRECK - having taken the worst aspects of the Bush years and doubled down on them - or in the case of the deficit, tripled down on them.

They have taken a once proud and strong Democrat Party and torn it asunder...

I'm afraid it's worse than that pard...

graph.jpg

The GOP offer nothing better, only the past, Pale Rider. That is what needs to be addressed.

Forum List

Back