Top 10 Car Producing Countries from 1950 thru 2019...A Moving Bar Graph

Note the rise of China as a major car producer. Also be aware that the vast majority of cars produced use fossil fuels.

View attachment 411394
Excellent Video.
The moving time-related graph gives a real sense of the dramatic changes over 70 years.
Simple but very effective in giving you just the relevant information. The instantly recognisable flags in motion up and down and at the same time moving left to right and back as production increases/decreases along with the year clock allow the brain to easily absorb 4 different aspects simultaneously.
All graphic presentations should be similarly designed.
As for China's rise - I predicted in 1996 that China would become a leading economy to challenge the US by 2018 but everyone still viewed her as a backward agricultural nation and laughed - they're not laughing now!

Way back in 1996 I also predicted that something terrible would actually change the world in the following few years and also predicted that it had something to do with Islam. I knew that because people would no longer call folk from a certain Asian country as Paki's but Muslim extremists/Islamic fundamentalists instead.

My third big prediction at the time was the first black woman would enter the white house as president by 2018 again people laughed. I admit I didn't get that right as Michele Obama entered in 2008 as the president's wife. However, I might not after all be that far out as Kamala Harris stands an excellent chance of becoming president before 2028.

Note the rise of China as a major car producer. Also be aware that the vast majority of cars produced use fossil fuels.

The one major factor not covered by this video, is of course quality.

USSR cars, were beyond total junk. Just horrible garbage.
Similarly, India had terrible cars.

One sad aspect is Canada. I would have thought they would have done better. Apparently not.

Interesting how all the countries that engaged in Capitalism wholesale, were on the list. Japan, after they adopted US style Capitalism, South Korea, of course China after they engaged in Capitalism, and India though late to the game.

Neat.

Why doesn't it include any shithole countries?
It covers only the top 10 producers. Many of the 10th place countries disappear from the list, though several of those reappear at a later date. Some of those disappear again.

The USSR drops off the list in the mid 1980's...when Reagan outspent them in military production.

China doesn't appear until about 1998 and rises all the way to the top...in about 10 years. Today, China's production is more than TWICE that of 2nd Place USA.

I suspect their variety of models consists mainly of small, cheap cars with a few limousines for the millionaires and the dear leaders.

There are a lot of variables in markets- one of the most important being cost- cost is probably the determining factor in market competition followed closely by quality then availability which is tied directly to cost- then add in the desire factor- and lets not forget restrictions by gov't's that dictate costs, including the US- except US cost dictation is hidden and the US market has more capital in the form of disposable income. Tie that with the US has had a *love affair* with cars since cars have been and given the US has more disposable income than most countries it's not surprising it is at the top of the heap- China's emergence is also not a surprise- it has a lot of people and a lot of country to traverse- as the roads become more usable there will be more using them. Japan built far superior cars for a few years than the US which can explain the prominence of Japan's emergence as an automobile manufacturer- and consider many are assembled here-

It's an interesting/entertaining video but to draw assumptions from it is presumptuous-

Forum List

Back