Too old to play the part?

James Dean was 24 when he played a high school kid in Rebel Without a Cause. John Travolta was 23 when he played a high school kid in Greese. Steve McQueen was 36 when he played a half Indian kid in Nevada Smith.

I never thought James Dean was that great anyway. Cool name, though.

James Dean was 24 when he played a high school kid in Rebel Without a Cause. John Travolta was 23 when he played a high school kid in Greese. Steve McQueen was 36 when he played a half Indian kid in Nevada Smith.

I know of an 80 year old guy who lives in a big white house and is play-acting like he's a president.

But he's not a very convincing actor.

Neither was his predecessor...

At least his predecessor has a pretty good shot of giving you an encore presentation.

The 80 year old I was referring to is all washed up. His show bombed at the box office and he'll never work in show business again.

This chat makes me think of my favorite actor from The Young And The Restless, at least back when I watched the show anyway. HIs name is Thad Luckinbill and his character name is J.T. Hellstrom. I remember J.T.'s 19th birthday being acknowledged in 2003. Thad was 28 years old then, but you would never know by looking at him because he still had the appearance of someone in their late teens.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I only watched the show from 2000-2008.

Tom Cruise was well past his young man roles when he made Oblivion.
The movie is good, but the notion that he is some young hot shot was a bit absurd.
He was 51 years old at the time. His supposed girlfriend was 32 at the time. 19 years younger, and it was obvious.
And then you have his movie "American Made"... another good movie.
But he was 55 years old playing what was supposed to be a man in his mid 30s.
His wife was played by Sarah Wright, who was 34 at the time. 21 years younger.
He wear a lot of makeup and obvious wigs on to make him look younger, but he is well past the time when that really works.

He made great breakfast sausage too.

Yes, best commercial made sausage on the shelves, and better than some of 'the gourmet' sausages made at boutique butcher shops around here. I add some of my own flavoring to it before I cook it; I never leave anything alone when I cook, lol

Something I bet most people don't know is that Angela Lansbury was only three years older than Laurence Harvey (Raymond Shaw) when she played his mother in The Manchurian Candidate.

angela-lansbury-laurence-harvey.jpg

She is a great actress; she did well on Broadway, too.
I love watching her during the Where The Heart Is film. I hate what ends up happening to her character.

God bless you and Stockard always!!!

Holly

P.S. That is actually the only film with her in it that I have ever seen. In other words, I have yet to watch Grease even one time all the way through from start to finish. :D :D :D

Forum List

Back