Too big to fail , too big to exsist

So here we are with the cons wanting to disband our government?

there is a name for that right?

ya that is what we said....are you stupid on purpose.....what i said was is remove all the people that participated in this mess.....which means if you held office prior to nov of 08 you should resign and give back your "bonus"....and lets hire new ones.....i will even let obama stay.....

Jesus christ guys , let me explainacate it to you yet again.

If the industry is so big that its failure would result in the collapse of the US economy then it is too big to be allowed to just fail.

Its not that it is incapable of failing.

So if its to big to allow to fail then its to big to be allowed to exsist and therby threaten the American government.

When you start your premise with a lie, your conclusion is a lie....

#1....No industry is so big that its failure would result in the collapse of the US economy

It should have been allowed to go Chapter 11....

Jesus christ guys , let me explainacate it to you yet again.

If the industry is so big that its failure would result in the collapse of the US economy then it is too big to be allowed to just fail.

Its not that it is incapable of failing.

So if its to big to allow to fail then its to big to be allowed to exsist and therby threaten the American government.

We wouldn't want a company to threaten the American Government! :lol:

What is the level at which a company should officially stop growing so as not to cross the threshold of "too big"?

What is the level at which a company should officially stop growing so as not to cross the threshold of "too big"?

When Unions take over.

Point taken and noted, but I think you know what I meant. Does a company simply halt its growth at a certain pre-designated point? No more investments? No more capital acquisition?

Do we set a standard and legislate that no company shall cross that line?

I'm trying to understand where the fuck truthmatters is coming from here, because it doesn't make much sense to me. I think she just hates rich people in business, bottom line.

The condundrum is that there should he no such thing as too big to fail, in which case there would automatically be no such thing as too big to exist. Too big to exist is just a liberal wet dream, and nothing more.

When Unions take over.

Point taken and noted, but I think you know what I meant. Does a company simply halt its growth at a certain pre-designated point? No more investments? No more capital acquisition?

I'm trying to understand where the fuck truthmatters is coming from here, because it doesn't make much sense to me. I think she just hates rich people in business, bottom line.

The condundrum is that there should he no such thing as too big to fail, in which case there would automatically be no such thing as too big to exist. Too big to exist is just a liberal wet dream, and nothing more.

You don't really want to know where TruthMatters is coming from, do you??? She's perhaps the dumbest person on the planet. I think it's best if we just continue to laugh at her stupidity. :lol:

Who agrees with this statement?

That is a bunch of crap. Capitalism is founded upon you either swim or sink. This is our country. We have gone from that to rewarding failure--by punishing success.

In the auto industry which we have already paid out billions too--we are only delaying the inevitable. They are going to have to file chapter 11 or 13. We're doing them no favors by delaying this. When they fail--they will be able to renegotiage contracts with the union & form a foundation--to return to growth & profit.

Make no mistake our government did this to us. It's not the corporations, it's not Wall Street. Ground ZERO for this economic collapse of the banking system & the consequences of-- are Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac. 100% guaranteed loans--by the American taxpayer via our enept Federal government--in their attempt to insure their policy of "everyone" deserves a home of their own.

Now we are paying the consequences of that policy.

Basically--the Titanic has sunk & the federal government has now jumped in to give us all swimmming lessons.

When Unions take over.

I'm trying to understand where the fuck truthmatters is coming from here, because it doesn't make much sense to me
. I think she just hates rich people in business, bottom line.

government knows best......but only if they are democrats....

I do. Break 'em up. When nobody understands how they operate, they're too big.

How many of you guys remember the MA Bell breakup? They told us all kinds of horror stories would happen. What happened? We got much better service at a better price. I can remember when calling someone long distance was a big deal because of the costs.

I do. Break 'em up. When nobody understands how they operate, they're too big.

How many of you guys remember the MA Bell breakup? They told us all kinds of horror stories would happen. What happened? We got much better service at a better price. I can remember when calling someone long distance was a big deal because of the costs.
LOL
um not at first we didnt
and what do we have now?
2 major phone companies
verizon and TA DA AT&T

i agree.....we should not be pumping money into a business that does not work.....it is like pouring water into a cup full of holes.....

i fully understand that she was refering to breaking up aig and that nothing should be that big....

well i draw the same parrallel with our fat, bloated, ill performing government......they are doing the same stupid shit aig did.....

Fair 'nuff.

Would you propose to let the gov't go under? What happens globally if that happens?

Or perhaps break it up?

Do you think reform from within is a realistic possibility?

i am fine with a government.....but they are doing unnecessary things in my opinion......

every 8 years we change presidents....we term out mayors.....yet senators and congress folks are there for what seems like for life.....one term 6 years and you are out......our leaders are stale.....the make the same mistakes over and over....the spend more time assigning blame that actually doing anything......

we have serious domestic social and financial issues.....yet we send money all over the world to fix the problems of others ..... we send our military all over the world when we have border and crime issues here......and worst of all we tax americans to spend this money elsewhere.....and to top it off the people trying to fix this economic crisis were all in office when it started and were all standing there and watched it while it happened.....

would should recall them all.....all of them....the should recieve the same distain they showed to the aig folks and the auto ceo's.......why are they above retirbution they are suposedly the ones in charge.....

no .... i recognize it for what it is ...... you believe it is is something it is not ..... you see what you want to see .....

you work for the government .... they take your money and spend it on what they want ... sure they let you keep some and tell you what they are spending it on is in your best interests ...... the people you admire are no better than the folks that ran aig or bear sterns or gm into the ground .... why you want to defend these folks or give them more money you don't have is beyond me .....

Then why do you defend republicans and spew hate on dems?

You know they are not the same, we both know they are not perfect.

Their is no perfect in the adult world and maybe you need to face that.

I pick the people who are BETTER at delivering based on fact. You pick to like no one and vote for republicans who hgave us this mess along with a shitload of others.

Personally I still believe the founders made a good system that can still work.

which republican have i defended.....which republican have i voted for.....i blame congress.....i don't care who they work for.....they are all responsible....all of them....

you really don't see that the same people you are believe will save you were all there for the past 16 years creating this mess......none of them stopped it.....none of them.....the altered the debt ratio.....messed with the banking industry.....they tinkered with shit they know nothing about ..... now you think the same people can fix this.......

if america was smart they would vote them all.....out of office and start fresh.....
Manu....you have to understand that Truth has his head so far up the Dems asses that he will never see your point......to Truth if your a Dem....you cant be that bad or that wrong.....but if your a Repub......you must be on the evil side AND mostly wrong.....what you stated here..........

"you really don't see that the same people you are believe will save you were all there for the past 16 years creating this mess......none of them stopped it.....none of them...."

he dont buy that.....because the "SAME PEOPLE" you mention, are DEMOCRATS.....

i agree.....we should not be pumping money into a business that does not work.....it is like pouring water into a cup full of holes.....

i fully understand that she was refering to breaking up aig and that nothing should be that big....

well i draw the same parrallel with our fat, bloated, ill performing government......they are doing the same stupid shit aig did.....

Fair 'nuff.

Would you propose to let the gov't go under? What happens globally if that happens?

Or perhaps break it up?

i am fine with a government.....but they are doing unnecessary things in my opinion......

every 8 years we change presidents....we term out mayors.....yet senators and congress folks are there for what seems like for life.....one term 6 years and you are out......our leaders are stale.....the make the same mistakes over and over....the spend more time assigning blame that actually doing anything......

we have serious domestic social and financial issues.....yet we send money all over the world to fix the problems of others ..... we send our military all over the world when we have border and crime issues here......and worst of all we tax americans to spend this money elsewhere.....and to top it off the people trying to fix this economic crisis were all in office when it started and were all standing there and watched it while it happened.....

would should recall them all.....all of them....the should recieve the same distain they showed to the aig folks and the auto ceo's.......why are they above retirbution they are suposedly the ones in charge.....

The thing about term limits though, is that it insulates the electorate from having to inform themselves adequately enough to impose their OWN term limits via voting.

We shouldn't be as stupid as we are as an electorate, that we are calling for government mandated term limits. We should simply be voting the scumbags the fuck out of office. It's really that simple.

Fair 'nuff.

Or perhaps break it up?

The thing about term limits though, is that it insulates the electorate from having to inform themselves adequately enough to impose their OWN term limits via voting.

We shouldn't be as stupid as we are as an electorate, that we are calling for government mandated term limits. We should simply be voting the scumbags the fuck out of office. It's really that simple.

kennedy has been there since what...62...that is just wrong....

Fair 'nuff.

Or perhaps break it up?

Thanks for the resonse, manu ... I missed it last night for some reason.

Paulie, I agree that the electorate shouldn't be so stupid that we keep reelecting this incompetent, self serving pricks ... but we are. Most people hate Congress as a body but think that their Congressman is okay. With that attitude shit just ain't gonna change.

Forum List

Back