Bush official admits innocent at Gitmo

Yes yes and of course this guy knows this for a fact and is not voicing a PERSONAL opinion.

Ohh by the way, how is it that we have people saying this, but according to the conspiracy theorists we have thousands of murderers that 8 years later are still silent?

Let me get this straight. He hasn't worked for the government since 2005, so one presumes he's had this "information" since then. He thinks this is SOOO awful and SOOOO wrong that he has to speak out, but apparently it wasn't so awful and wrong that he couldn't allow it to go on for four years without a word. It's only NOW that a Democrat is in power that he HAS to speak out . . . on a far leftwing blog. THAT is his big solution is to write about it on a blog.

And, of course, you simply accept it as true, and want US to accept it as true, solely on his word, because the AP and the blog identify him as a Republican. He sure as hell hasn't offered anything ELSE as proof.

I'd be shocked if I wasn't used to this trash. "Ohmigod, someone posted something that agreed with my worldview on the Internet! That must mean I was right all along!" I'm yawning.

We were paying $10,000 for every person turned over to us in Afganistan.

No doubt there are innocent people at Gitmo.

But without trials, how can we know?

If he was the only one to state this, that is one thing.

The true believers will go to their graves knowing that everyone who was put in Gitmo and tortured was the worst of the worst.

History, of course, will prove you fools.

It's only NOW that a Democrat is in power that he HAS to speak out . . . on a far leftwing blog. THAT is his big solution is to write about it on a blog.

Perhaps he didn't want his taxes aduited into infinity or the FBI following him around. The Bush administration sought out those that spoke against then or their policy. Everyone knows that is true. If I were in position, I would have kept quiet too until the idiot is back in Texas.

They can't be put on trial. Any judge would throw the cases out. Illegal aliens cost us 20k a head.

True believers on the left believe this crapola from a guy who was in no position to know whether this info is correct or not. Whether this info details nicely with leftist talking points and agrees with their conjectures bares absolutely no relationship what ever to whther or not this is true.

If he was the only one to state this, that is one thing.

The true believers will go to their graves knowing that everyone who was put in Gitmo and tortured was the worst of the worst.

History, of course, will prove you fools.

Maybe, because it's a sure bet gullible dimwits like YOU won't ever prove us wrong. "Look, there are lots of people willing to say bad things about the Bush administration! That must make everything they say true!" Of course, when there were lots of people saying bad things about Bill Clinton, THAT wasn't credible at all, even when there was evidence to back it up.

So don't talk to me about "true believers", you hypocrite.

It's only NOW that a Democrat is in power that he HAS to speak out . . . on a far leftwing blog. THAT is his big solution is to write about it on a blog.

Perhaps he didn't want his taxes aduited into infinity or the FBI following him around. The Bush administration sought out those that spoke against then or their policy. Everyone knows that is true. If I were in position, I would have kept quiet too until the idiot is back in Texas.

Oh, right. It's the REPUBLICANS who make a habit of personally destroying their opponents. Hell, just ask Joe the Plumber, right? Or any of the hundreds of people whose FBI files were pawed over by an ex-bar bouncer under the Clintons. Or the people whose biggest crime was happening to work in the White House Travel Office when a friend of the President happened to want the job.

Meanwhile, we can ALL see how terrified liberals are to ever say a WORD about former President Bush. That must be why his entire eight years in office passed without a single attack being launched at him. You were all cowering under your beds in terror of his jackbooted thugs (since I know you're too stupid to get it, that was sarcasm). :cuckoo:

FYI, your outraged accusations might not be so damned laughable if 1) there was any proof, and 2) you hadn't winked when a Democrat did the same things.

They can't be put on trial. Any judge would throw the cases out. Illegal aliens cost us 20k a head.

Last I checked, they've had military hearings, which has been the accepted procedure since forever. That would be why so many who WERE detained there have been released, and quite a few re-captured when they went right back to being terrorists.

Last I checked, they've had military hearings, which has been the accepted procedure since forever. That would be why so many who WERE detained there have been released, and quite a few re-captured when they went right back to being terrorists.

I agree. There have been some recaptured, The problem is as soon as they step on American soil they rights, which means any case brought against them will be thrown out. so what can we do?

I agree. There have been some recaptured, The problem is as soon as they step on American soil they rights, which means any case brought against them will be thrown out. so what can we do?

I was perfectly happy with the plan we already had, where we detain them outside the US until we're sure they aren't a danger to US citizens and allies.

I was perfectly happy with the plan we already had, where we detain them outside the US until we're sure they aren't a danger to US citizens and allies.

Is he closing gitmo for sure?

Is he closing gitmo for sure?

That's what he says.

And as we all know what this different sort of politician does and what he says always dovetail sooo Wellll. Like, "I will hire no lobbyists in my White House" or "I will allow no ear marks."

Yeah right!!!!

We got Chicago politics which has been Machine politics with all that entails probably since before AL Capone died of syphilis.

Last edited:

Let me get this straight. He hasn't worked for the government since 2005, so one presumes he's had this "information" since then. He thinks this is SOOO awful and SOOOO wrong that he has to speak out, but apparently it wasn't so awful and wrong that he couldn't allow it to go on for four years without a word. It's only NOW that a Democrat is in power that he HAS to speak out . . . on a far leftwing blog. THAT is his big solution is to write about it on a blog.

And, of course, you simply accept it as true, and want US to accept it as true, solely on his word, because the AP and the blog identify him as a Republican. He sure as hell hasn't offered anything ELSE as proof.

I'd be shocked if I wasn't used to this trash. "Ohmigod, someone posted something that agreed with my worldview on the Internet! That must mean I was right all along!" I'm yawning.

The perfect post to slam this down... nothing more need be said.. you covered all the bases... bravo

Yes yes and of course this guy knows this for a fact and is not voicing a PERSONAL opinion.

Ohh by the way, how is it that we have people saying this, but according to the conspiracy theorists we have thousands of murderers that 8 years later are still silent?

shall I assume you are in favor of incarcerating innocent people for the rest of their lives, with no charges brought against them, in the name of fighting terrorism?

Forum List

Back