TOMATO SOS

.177 pellet gun with built in suppressor. Crosman, use the 10.5 grain ones. Get one with open sights, because using a scope opens up a serious can of worms.
A decent 2-3 MOA red-dot solves all that on a springer.....I never have liked scopes on a springer.....Way too hold dependent for a hunting air rifle.

I have the same rifle as in the pic (Gamo Swarm) and put a 3-MOA red dot on it. Many a squirrel and more starlings than I can count have fell to it over the past few years. It has replaced my old RWS 34. Much quieter for it's power and it's a repeater.

I reserve the scopes for pneumatics as they are much more forgiving. ;)

birdnettingaijo.JPG

Springers are deservingly notorious for being scope eaters. I make sure any scope I put on a springer is springer rated, with a really good warranty.

My tomatoes are just starting to ripen, and the local Squirrels are taking bites out of them. Just enough to ruin them.
An armed response is not feasible, due to too many neighbors.
I'm thinking coyote piss.

Advice, please?
Some plants will repel squirrels, rabbits, moles and other critters. Marigolds, onions, garlic, and any sort of hot peppers work well.

Also, squirrels are terrified of owls. So you could put an owl sculpture in your garden.

Dogs and cats also scare squirrels away.

more than most realize Duke.....~S~
Oh, me and teh cousins certainly realize it.
Some plants will repel squirrels, rabbits, moles and other critters. Marigolds, onions, garlic, and any sort of hot peppers work well.

Also, squirrels are terrified of owls. So you could put an owl sculpture in your garden.

Dogs and cats also scare squirrels away.
Hawks like squirrels. There's a lot of hawks here. I fully expect to not see a squirrel or 2 one day.
Watching one eat right now. Our squirrels sure are small here. I've seen wider flying squirrels.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

The Cayenne spray and powder didn't do it. And the fruit is being snatched at night. Probably a trash panda.
So I went to home cheapo and spent 38 bucks on chicken wire and posts. I'll post image when I cobble it together.
This plant is getting expensive.

My tomatoes are just starting to ripen, and the local Squirrels are taking bites out of them. Just enough to ruin them.
An armed response is not feasible, due to too many neighbors.
I'm thinking coyote piss.

Advice, please?
Human piss will keep them away too. and wind chimes.

Now that i've thought about the onion thing..there's nothing to stop a squirrel from going up

the wall 15 feet away and travelling it sideways high up above the onions. Doh!

Forum List

Back