Tom Segev destroys the myth of Britain's neutrality or pro-Arab stance

José

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Since the creation of Israel the israeli propaganda machine has been working non-stop to cloud, to confuse even the most obvious, evident historic facts regarding the conflict.

The attempt to cast doubts even on the aspects of the conflict that should be unanimously recognized as historical facts by both sides of the debate has a clearly defined goal:

To generate one of these two things:

1 - Support for Israel, at best

or

2 - Neutrality towards the conflict, at worst.

As I create this thread, I follow the efforts of a propagandist trying to convey the message that european Jews created Israel despite Britain's best efforts to frustrate their plans:

Originally posted by toomuchtime
By the time the British took over the Mandate, they decided British interests were best served by siding with the Arabs.

Albert Einstein penned this letter in 1948... just wow!

I'll let israeli historian Tom Segev set the record straight:

The British kept their promise to the Zionists. They opened up the country to mass Jewish immigration; by 1948, the Jewish population had increased by more than tenfold. The Jews were permitted to purchase land, develop agriculture, and establish industries and banks. The British allowed them to set up hundreds of new settlements, including several towns. They created a school system and an army; they had a political leadership and elected institutions, and with the help of all these they in the end defeated the Arabs, all under British sponsorship, all in the wake of that promise of 1917.

Tom Segev, One Palestine Complete - Jews and Arabs Under the British Mandate, pag. 6

Since the creation of Israel the israeli propaganda machine has been working non-stop to cloud, to confuse even the most obvious, evident historic facts regarding the conflict.

The attempt to cast doubts even on the aspects of the conflict that should be unanimously recognized as historical facts by both sides of the debate has a clearly defined goal:

or

As I create this thread, I follow the efforts of a propagandist trying to convey the message that european Jews created Israel despite Britain's best efforts to frustrate their plans:

By the time the British took over the Mandate, they decided British interests were best served by siding with the Arabs.

The British kept their promise to the Zionists. They opened up the country to mass Jewish immigration; by 1948, the Jewish population had increased by more than tenfold. The Jews were permitted to purchase land, develop agriculture, and establish industries and banks. The British allowed them to set up hundreds of new settlements, including several towns. They created a school system and an army; they had a political leadership and elected institutions, and with the help of all these they in the end defeated the Arabs, all under British sponsorship, all in the wake of that promise of 1917.

Tom Segev, One Palestine Complete - Jews and Arabs Under the British Mandate, pag. 6

The creation of Israel began around 3000 years ago.

History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia

As far as the British favoring the Arabs, an excerpt of a paper written by a former US Marine now history professor at the University of California regarding the British military's behavior during the Arab Revolt of the late 30s in Palestine.

"In April 1936, the Palestinians launched a countrywide revolt against British rule in Mandatory Palestine and the official policy of support for Jewish immigration to the country."

"When asked why the soldiers had done this, Lane replied simply, “Same as any soldier. I don’t care whether he’s English, German, Japanese or what. He’s the victor he’s the boss and you accept the treatment that he gives you. I don’t care what you say. . . . There’s a beast in every man I don’t care who he is. You can say the biggest queen or queer that you come across but there’s a beast in him somewhere and in a situation like that it comes out.”62 These excesses were soldiers’ responses to rebels wounding or killing comrades in battles, with prisoners or local villagers being convenient targets for revenge attacks.63 British soldiers also bayoneted innocent Arabs, and gunned down Arab fighters en masse as they came out to surrender near Jenin: At one time the Ulsters and West Kents caught about 60 of them [Arab guerrillas] in a valley and as they walked out with their arms up mowed them down with machine guns. I inspected them afterwards and most of them were boys between 16 and 20 from Syria. . . . No news of course is given to the newspapers, so what you read in the papers is just enough to allay public uneasiness in England.65 There is also the question of the methods used by Orde Wingate’s “Special Night Squads” that mixed British servicemen with Jewish fighters and pitted them against the Arabs in Galilee—“extreme and cruel” noted one colonial official, Hugh Foot, a force that tortured, whipped, executed, and abused Arabs............"

http://www.palestine-studies.org/si...pression of the Arab Revolt in Palestine,.pdf

or

"The Jews were permitted to purchase land, develop agriculture, and establish industries and banks."
Those EVIL Jews!

or

"The Jews were permitted to purchase land, develop agriculture, and establish industries and banks."
Those EVIL Jews!

Yes, extremely evil in their intent to evict the native non-Jews from their homeland.

or

It is sad, really, that you even felt compelled to start a thread to debunk such an obvious hasbara talking point/propaganda.

The British and everyone else sat back and watched the Nakba as it happened in 1948, just after the UN gave these sociopaths free reign in Palestine. The Nakba or the catastrophe, which was a real holocaust of the Palestinian people went something like this. Jewish terrorists burnt 100s of towns to the ground. Who knows how many were mass murdered, but everyone that wasn't killed was forced to leave their homes. The figure is somewhere close to a million human beings that were either slaughtered or forced to leave and the British did nothing.

^^^^^^^^^^^TOTAL HORSESHIT^^^^^^^^

or

Those EVIL Jews!

Yes, extremely evil in their intent to evict the native non-Jews from their homeland.
Yes, by purchasing land.
We know how Arabs find legally binding transactions detestable.

or

Those EVIL Jews!

Yes, by purchasing land.

Jews owned less than 5% of the land by 1946, 85% was owned by the Muslims and Christians in 1946. How could that possibly justify the eviction of the non-Jews from their land and homes?

Palestine_Land_ownership_by_sub-district_(1945).jpg

or

Those EVIL Jews!

Yes, by purchasing land.

Jews owned less than 5% of the land by 1946, 85% was owned by the Muslims and Christians in 1946. How could that possibly justify the eviction of the non-Jews from their land and homes?

Moron, did you miss the part about LEGAL TRANSACTIONS?
Of course you did.

How could that possibly justify the eviction of the non-Jews from their land and homes?

It can't! All that is just hasbara idiocy.

How could that possibly justify the eviction of the non-Jews from their land and homes?

I have an idea, Retarded Louie...
Buy a house and let the people you buy it from stay with you.

or

Those EVIL Jews!

Yes, by purchasing land.

You are among the more prolific cut and paste spammers. The above is a cut and paste map that you represent as conveying "ownership" by Arabs-Moslems when it does not.

We know from the official Ottoman land records that foreign, absentee land owners were major landholders as well as the Ottoman Turks who kept large tracts as an Islamist waqf.

Turkey transfers Ottoman land records to Palestinian Authority

Even before 1917, Jewish and Zionist institutions had purchased large tracts of land in Palestine from absentee landlords, who lived mainly in Syria and Lebanon. These landlords had previously leased their property to local farmers, but were happy to sell it for the right price, without giving a thought to their tenant farmers. Nevertheless, Palestinians view these sales as more legitimate than those that took place during the British occupation that began in 1917.

or

Those EVIL Jews!

Yes, by purchasing land.

You are among the more prolific cut and paste spammers. The above is a cut and paste map that you represent as conveying "ownership" by Arabs-Moslems when it does not.

We know from the official Ottoman land records that foreign, absentee land owners were major landholders as well as the Ottoman Turks who kept large tracts as an Islamist waqf.

Turkey transfers Ottoman land records to Palestinian Authority

Even before 1917, Jewish and Zionist institutions had purchased large tracts of land in Palestine from absentee landlords, who lived mainly in Syria and Lebanon. These landlords had previously leased their property to local farmers, but were happy to sell it for the right price, without giving a thought to their tenant farmers. Nevertheless, Palestinians view these sales as more legitimate than those that took place during the British occupation that began in 1917.
Don't waste too much brain power on Monty.

...Even before 1917, Jewish and Zionist institutions had purchased large tracts of land in Palestine...
Do you even believe this crap? Honestly now!

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY LAND FROM PEOPLE THAT NEVER EXISTED? ISN'T THAT THE MAJOR THEME OF YOUR POSTING?

THINK!

How could you possibly be do clueless? Typical for recent converts trying to gain so islamo street-cred.

The Ottoman Turks controlled the land which you spammers believe to be the Magical Kingdom of Pal'istan. They released all rights and title to the Mandatory. The Arab-Moslem colonists / squatters didn't win the land.

Your whining is just taqiyya.

Oh, OK, There were people there. That is a damning admission from your ilk. Thanks.

LOL, dude... you're projecting. But thanks for the honest admission.

Forum List

Back