Tom Brady should hang it up.

I'm no Brady fan...but come on. The guy is one of the best QBs ever to play the game. Remember that year when he got hurt in the first game and Cassel lead them deep in the playoffs? :eusa_shhh:

They had a better record the year Brady got hurt then they did the following year in 2009. They went 10-6, somehow made the playoffs and then got crushed in the first round.

And they went 16-0 one season before Brady got hurt. They lost 5 games with virtually the same team under Cassel.

But ultimately regular season goes out the window once the playoffs start. Look at Eli. He's a very good QB regular season-but come the playoffs he's great. A player like Big R. doesn't put up impressive stats, and wont win anyone over with great highlights. But he knows how to manage/run drives. I'd take him over Flacco (who has much better stats) during a playoff run 100% of the time.

Anybody who actually suggests that Tom Brady isn't a huge upgrade over Matt Cassel, or that Brady wouldn't have done better is nuts. Now I can't stand Brady. I think he's very cocky and arrogant. But he's one of the best ever-there's just no getting around that anymore.

I'm no Brady fan...but come on. The guy is one of the best QBs ever to play the game. Remember that year when he got hurt in the first game and Cassel lead them deep in the playoffs? :eusa_shhh:

They had a better record the year Brady got hurt then they did the following year in 2009. They went 10-6, somehow made the playoffs and then got crushed in the first round.

And they went 16-0 one season before Brady got hurt. They lost 5 games with virtually the same team under Cassel.

But ultimately regular season goes out the window once the playoffs start. Look at Eli. He's a very good QB regular season-but come the playoffs he's great. A player like Big R. doesn't put up impressive stats, and wont win anyone over with great highlights. But he knows how to manage/run drives. I'd take him over Flacco (who has much better stats) during a playoff run 100% of the time.

Anybody who actually suggests that Tom Brady isn't a huge upgrade over Matt Cassel, or that Brady wouldn't have done better is nuts. Now I can't stand Brady. I think he's very cocky and arrogant. But he's one of the best ever-there's just no getting around that anymore.

No doubt whatsoever.He single handedly turned the patriots franchise around and won not only their first superbowl for them but took them to four more as well.He single handedly resurrected Belechecks career.as I have said too many times to remember,without Brady,Belecheck is a big zero.

Forum List

Back