Pro football - defense is DEAD

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Pro football = QUARTERBACKS QUARTERBACKS QUARTERBACKS

And that's all that matters now. defense is completely irrelevant.

Proof of this is shown by the fact that the Giants did not WANT to score the game winning TD when they did - and New England WANTED them to score it. If the Giants had any confidence at all in their defense, they would have had the proper attitude towards scoring - as soon as possible and as many points possible at once.

Proof of this is shown by the fact that the Giants did not WANT to score the game winning TD when they did - and New England WANTED them to score it. If the Giants had any confidence at all in their defense, they would have had the proper attitude towards scoring - as soon as possible and as many points possible at once.

your knowledge, or lack thereof, of football is showing by this post.
The object of football is to win....not always to score.
Toward the end of the game, When a team has the lead and the ball, they go into clock management mode. Their goal is not to score...but to run out the clock.
Last nite was a classic example of strategy by both teams....The Pats knew the game was over if the giants could run the clock down to 5 seconds before a chip shot feild goal.....and the Giants were well aware that it is better to hold the ball than to give the ball to an experienced QB like Brady.
Most that dont know football would find fault in the strategy....but most that know football, would looked at what took place last night in the last 2 minutes as a chess game.
I bet you see NASCAR as nothing more than a bunch of cars turning left too.....am I correct?

That was about the worst football game I've ever seen to be called a Super Bowl. High schools could have played better.

That was about the worst football game I've ever seen to be called a Super Bowl. High schools could have played better.

Don't know what game you watched. Good defensive football, not too many penalties, not too many turnovers
Close game not decided until the final play

One of the better Superbowls

Don't know what game you watched. Good defensive football, not too many penalties, not too many turnovers

That's your story. You tell it any way you want to tell it. My opinion is the game reeked of so-so playing and not much talent shown.

That's your story. You tell it any way you want to tell it. My opinion is the game reeked of so-so playing and not much talent shown.

Brady was 27-41 passing
Manning was 30-40

Damn good quarterbacking

Last edited:

actually, that is the story of last nightrs game.
Outstanding quarterback stats.
Only 1 turnover
Low amount of penalties
Great 2 minute strategy
And those are documented facts...
Now...as for additonal opinion...
A throw by manning and a catch by manningham that will go down as one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history.
2 future hall of fame coaches and QB's

OK...I backed it up as being a great game...with facts and additional opinion.
now your turn to back it up that it was no better than 2 high school teams playing

Last edited:
actually, that is the story of last nights game.
Outstanding quarterback stats.
Only 1 turnover
Low amount of penalties
Great 2 minute strategy
And those are documented facts...
Now...as for additonal opinion...
A throw by manning and a catch by manningham that will go down as one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history.
2 future hall of fame coaches and QB's

OK...I backed it up as being a great game...with facts and additional opinion.
now your turn to back it up that it was no better than 2 high school teams playing

Well done, jarhead! It was an excellent Super Bowl. The only surprise to me was that the Patriots defense didn't give up 30+ points.

The Patriots just can't seem to figure out the Giants. Period.

21-17. 38 points. The over/under was in the 50's.

Last edited:

your knowledge, or lack thereof, of football is showing by this post.
The object of football is to win....
Wow, gee whillickers, I never thought of that, you really do know a lot about football. You must be a coach.

not always to score.
Toward the end of the game, When a team has the lead and the ball, they go into clock management mode. Their goal is not to score...but to run out the clock.
Last nite was a classic example of strategy by both teams....The Pats knew the game was over if the giants could run the clock down to 5 seconds before a chip shot feild goal.....and the Giants were well aware that it is better to hold the ball than to give the ball to an experienced QB like Brady.

What you mean is the Giants trusted their field goal kicker miles further than they trusted their defense - because, as I said, defense is dead.

Most that dont know football would find fault in the strategy....but most that know football, would looked at what took place last night in the last 2 minutes as a chess game.
I bet you see NASCAR as nothing more than a bunch of cars turning left too.....am I correct?

Where did I find fault in the strategy Mr. Genius? Did I ever disagree with it? If you've got a piss poor shitty defense, its obviously the right strategy, it doesn't take a football genius like yourself to figure that one out.

I wouldn't say defense is dead, if you can't pressure the QB then you're gonna lose most games. Hard to advance very far in the playoffs without a top notch QB though.

Defense wins championships. The Giants defense played much better (and have been better all year) than the Pats'. If anything Brady is better than E. Manning (who has established himself as a great QB in his own right), if anything the Superbowl proved that defense is still more important. Look at when the Bucs (#1 defense) beat the Raiders (#1 offense)-they CRUSHED them. Also I think Warner was (still) a better QB than Big Ben when the Steelers beat them.

edit: and while the Giants' secondary had a sub-par year (although they certainly picked it up late and in the playoffs). Tuck, Kiwanuka, JPP are no slouches. Hell look at four years ago when the Giants won they had Strahan and Umenyiora to put pressure on Brady.

Sure you need a good QB to go far-no doubt. But defense wins championships just isn't a saying.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back