Todd v. Conway Oh No She Didn't

Great. I see I hit my target, although still a little worried about exceeding the intellectual capacity of the typical Trumpett.

Hanging around faux intellectuals could make you think that. Maybe you should visit with me more and I can assist your quest for knowledge.

OK, then help me here. First, we can answer the question asshole Todd was asking that Conway wouldn't, or couldn't.

Why?

Why did Spicer make three demonstrably false statements at his first news conference, attack the very group of people he is expected and paid, by me, to deal with on a daily basis, and then refuse to answer questions?

It is a fair question.

And then, tell me just what was admirable about Conway's performance today? I don't care if Todd is an asshole. She dodged, she denied, she deflected, and she damn near came to tears. What part of it was professional? Is that the type of performance we are to expect in the future? Would she work for you in this capacity?
It was a fair question that has no honest answer, so she had to do what she did. She did it professionally, but she has been doing it for months, so I'm not sure why anyone is so surprised about her capacity to spin and deflect for her boss.
The only thing a little out of the ordinary was the intensity of her anger. I really liked that threat early in the interview that she might have to rethink their relationship if he was going to act like that. LOL Threaten to cut off a Sunday talk show host from the President's guru? That was low. I give Todd credit for not pulling back.

She was calling todd on his obvious bias, and his total hypocrisy. She had actual facts at the tip of her tongue and all he could do was bluster and whine. She was spot on and he looked like a high school reporter. And not a very good one at that.

I just watched it again. Todd is not bias. He is an equal asshole with everyone, sparring with Schumer right now. Always looking for a gotcha. Damn but I miss Russert. That can't possibly be used as an excuse. Hell, it should be expected. Honestly, first day in the big leagues, she should have stepped back on that brush back pitch and blasted it out of the park. Instead, she all but ran for the dugout, weakly attempting deflection with wornout campaign pivots. Like I said elsewhere, painful to watch.

And what is this thing with the Trump people and their perceived enemies? What kind of treatment do they expect after disparaging a group of people? A warm welcome? Spicer has tainted his relationship with the press beyond repair. It was already tenuous at best. He won't last long.

01/22/17 Meet the Press

Todd uses inflammatory statements while questioning Conway on why Trump was talking about unfair coverage of the inauguration. Attempts to paint the administration was antimedia. Conway points out Todd's language and adversarial approach as an example of why there are issues with the press. Todd melts.

Liberal media has all but removed any sense of being unbiased. They have lost their way and the public has rejected them as honest and trustworthy. We now have a president who treats them as they deserve. Change your ways media. Earn your way back to integrity.

Here's a link to the interview

Chuck Todd is an :ahole-1:, guy is a real steaming pile of shit.
shit-emoticon.gif

American 'News' and Journalism are at all-time lows. Unfortunately, most of what they're producing is Fake News. I mean, clearly Todd has an Anti-Trump agenda. He's not presenting credible 'News' or Journalism. He's only presenting opinion propaganda.

Personally, i think the 24hr 'News' Networks especially, should be required to broadcast warnings that inform the viewer that what's being presented is only opinion information. The warning should also state that the information isn't intended to be accepted as 'News.' Because right now, they're being allowed to deceive the public. They're presenting the public with Fake News.

The news networks have an obligation under the Constitution to question the President, criticize him, and hold him accountable. That's not fake news.

Trump wants to blow sunshine up your ass and the press to go on about how great he is. That's never going to happen, nor should it.

That Trumpbots think it should is laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Todd and most others at MSNBC and CNN, didn't do that with Barack Obama. They gave him a complete free pass on everything. And that's because they don't represent credible News and Journalism. They only represent opinion propaganda Fake News.

You mean like Fox did with Bush. I saw enough of MSNBC, during the year I had access to it to know that they had plenty of criticism of Barack Obama, on a number of issues. Some I thought were valid, and others I disagreed with.

Overall, I found Obama far too conciliatory towards Republicans, and quite right wing. He renewed the Patriot's Act, and didn't get out of Afghanistan. This is a country which has been invaded by everyone from Alexander the Great on forward. It has never been conquered.

He saved the World's economy, even if those on the right refuse to acknowledge it, and he saved your asses on healthcare for the 8 years he was in power.

But like petulant toddlers, Republicans rejected any solutions but theirs and refused any assistance, co-operation, or even acknowledgment that they even created these problems in the first place.

So now you get to wreck the economy again. Republicans will blame Trump, but they'll get every tax cut they ever dreamed of before they throw him under the bus and impeach his ass the first chance they get.

You mean like Fox did with Bush. I saw enough of MSNBC, during the year I had access to it to know that they had plenty of criticism of Barack Obama, on a number of issues. Some I thought were valid, and others I disagreed with.

Overall, I found Obama far too conciliatory towards Republicans, and quite right wing. He renewed the Patriot's Act, and didn't get out of Afghanistan. This is a country which has been invaded by everyone from Alexander the Great on forward. It has never been conquered.

He saved the World's economy, even if those on the right refuse to acknowledge it, and he saved your asses on healthcare for the 8 years he was in power.

But like petulant toddlers, Republicans rejected any solutions but theirs and refused any assistance, co-operation, or even acknowledgment that they even created these problems in the first place.

So now you get to wreck the economy again. Republicans will blame Trump, but they'll get every tax cut they ever dreamed of before they throw him under the bus and impeach his ass the first chance they get.

The liberals have got just about everything wrong in the last three months, keep on guessing.

Dismantling the liberal media should be a top priority.

In violation of the Constitution which guarantees the freedom of the press? Right wing media have been lying about just about everything for years, to the point where you believe everything but the MSM tells you. That's why you fell for an alt-right liar like Trump. You're trained to believe anything BUT the truth, including the evidence of your own eyes and ears.

I say this as someone from OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES and who doesn't get my news from the American mainstream media, rather from the foreign press. Unlike you, I believe what I see and hear, and you people have been played like Mozart.

Dismantling the liberal media should be a top priority.

In violation of the Constitution which guarantees the freedom of the press? Right wing media have been lying about just about everything for years, to the point where you believe everything but the MSM tells you. That's why you fell for an alt-right liar like Trump. You're trained to believe anything BUT the truth, including the evidence of your own eyes and ears.

I say this as someone from OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES and who doesn't get my news from the American mainstream media, rather from the foreign press. Unlike you, I believe what I see and hear, and you people have been played like Mozart.

You do not understand the Constitution. We are free to not watch the MSM which effects ad revenues and changes content. We are also free to challenge the press.

Conway told Todd this morning that Press Secretary Baghdad Bob did not lie, he only provided "alternative facts"

Sure she said Baghdad Bob. The left invented alternative facts, Conway exposed the term.

Trump aide Conway: Spokesman Spicer used 'alternative facts'

When Meet the Press host Chuck Todd described that claim as a "falsehood," Conway said: "You're saying it's a falsehood and Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that."

Todd shot back, however: "Alternative facts are not facts. They are falsehoods."

"I don't think you can prove those numbers one way or another. There's no way to really quantify crowds," Conway said.

There is no such thing as "alternative facts". I mean there might be disputing data, or contrary information, or even a rebuttal. But there is no such thing as "alternative fact".

Clearly, this administration is way out of their element. And maybe we should give them a little bit of a break, first few days on the job and all. But it would really help if they would just stop doubling down on stupid. The American people are legendary, for their ability to accept someone graciously admitting they made a mistake.

Here is what happened. Spicer went in with some bad transit information. They have admitted as much. Right, you can't judge the number of people with photographs. But transit data does not lie and it comes with the added benefit of counting both protesters and supporters together. Spicer was given incorrect numbers and really thought more people had attended than Obama's first. Maybe Trump had those same numbers. The fact that they believed them is a reflection of their over-inflated ego. Which is great if you are building a real estate empire. Being a president, not so good.

So what is wrong with Conway admitting to Spicer getting bad numbers? Why double down on stupid? She could have admitted to the error, given a reasonable acceptable reason as to why the error was made, and then eloquently turn the conversation to the press and their "lies" and at least somewhat rationalize Spicer's behavior. Then maybe tomorrow we would be talking about the health care problems she mentioned, or the education problems, or the inner city problems. Instead, tomorrow we are going to be talking about "alternative facts".

And that is just it. First duty, first damn job of the press secretary, his crew, and all the spokespeople for the Trump administration. CONTROL THE CONVERSATION. Can anyone argue that they are controlling the conversation? No, they make excuses. If Trump is any kind of leader his response will be quick and forceful,

YOU'RE FIRED

I like the term "alternative facts" .......It has a 1984 ring to it

Great. I see I hit my target, although still a little worried about exceeding the intellectual capacity of the typical Trumpett.

Hanging around faux intellectuals could make you think that. Maybe you should visit with me more and I can assist your quest for knowledge.

OK, then help me here. First, we can answer the question asshole Todd was asking that Conway wouldn't, or couldn't.

Why?

Why did Spicer make three demonstrably false statements at his first news conference, attack the very group of people he is expected and paid, by me, to deal with on a daily basis, and then refuse to answer questions?

It is a fair question.

And then, tell me just what was admirable about Conway's performance today? I don't care if Todd is an asshole. She dodged, she denied, she deflected, and she damn near came to tears. What part of it was professional? Is that the type of performance we are to expect in the future? Would she work for you in this capacity?
It was a fair question that has no honest answer, so she had to do what she did. She did it professionally, but she has been doing it for months, so I'm not sure why anyone is so surprised about her capacity to spin and deflect for her boss.
The only thing a little out of the ordinary was the intensity of her anger. I really liked that threat early in the interview that she might have to rethink their relationship if he was going to act like that. LOL Threaten to cut off a Sunday talk show host from the President's guru? That was low. I give Todd credit for not pulling back.

She was calling todd on his obvious bias, and his total hypocrisy. She had actual facts at the tip of her tongue and all he could do was bluster and whine. She was spot on and he looked like a high school reporter. And not a very good one at that.

I just watched it again. Todd is not bias. He is an equal asshole with everyone, sparring with Schumer right now. Always looking for a gotcha. Damn but I miss Russert. That can't possibly be used as an excuse. Hell, it should be expected. Honestly, first day in the big leagues, she should have stepped back on that brush back pitch and blasted it out of the park. Instead, she all but ran for the dugout, weakly attempting deflection with wornout campaign pivots. Like I said elsewhere, painful to watch.

And what is this thing with the Trump people and their perceived enemies? What kind of treatment do they expect after disparaging a group of people? A warm welcome? Spicer has tainted his relationship with the press beyond repair. It was already tenuous at best. He won't last long.
That's your opinion of course.

What matters is how the public perceives this spat between the establishment propandists and a new administration trying to get things done for the people of America.

It was answered, just not the way Todd wanted it answered. Can you not see the point of all of this is to further expose the media bias? Actually listen to what Todd said in his question. Do you even know his words? What words did he use? Not paraphrasing, the actual words.
See Post 78. It was a fair question.

It was answered, just not the way Todd wanted it answered. Can you not see the point of all of this is to further expose the media bias? Actually listen to what Todd said in his question. Do you even know his words? What words did he use? Not paraphrasing, the actual words.

It was answered by example, not direct words. Repeating something over and over doesn't make it more true OldLady. You also ignored my request to you in the paragraph above. Any particular reason you don't answer?

Why?

It is a fair question.

What matters is how the public perceives this spat between the establishment propandists and a new administration trying to get things done for the people of America.

Well, I could be looking at this all wrong. Instead of Spicer and Conway being incompetent rookies, well perhaps they were the consummate pros, making great progress in the strategy to take over the truth.

]Trump’s Two-Step Strategy To Take Over the Truth.

Step one--Lie and disparage the press. Spicer's meeting, Trumps speech at CIA headquarters, Conway's Sunday news appearances. The goal here, to convince the people that the press is not to be trusted with the news. That the "facts" the press presents are not the "real" facts. Which brings us to step two,

Step two--circumvent the press and take the "truth" directly to the people. Twitter, Facebook and other forms of social media, public appearances, "fireside chats" perhaps. Conway kind of slipped up with the "alternative facts" statement. But perhaps "alternative reality" was what was on her mind.

Yep, maybe I am wrong. I thought these first couple of days were showing that Trump's press crew couldn't do their primary job--control the message. But that might not be what they are attempting to do. Maybe they are attempting to control the TRUTH. That is both scary and dangerous. But, if this messageboard is any indication---they are doing a bangup job.

Why?

It is a fair question.

Well, I could be looking at this all wrong. Instead of Spicer and Conway being incompetent rookies, well perhaps they were the consummate pros, making great progress in the strategy to take over the truth.

Step one--Lie and disparage the press. Spicer's meeting, Trumps speech at CIA headquarters, Conway's Sunday news appearances. The goal here, to convince the people that the press is not to be trusted with the news. That the "facts" the press presents are not the "real" facts. Which brings us to step two,

Step two--circumvent the press and take the "truth" directly to the people. Twitter, Facebook and other forms of social media, public appearances, "fireside chats" perhaps. Conway kind of slipped up with the "alternative facts" statement. But perhaps "alternative reality" was what was on her mind.

Yep, maybe I am wrong. I thought these first couple of days were showing that Trump's press crew couldn't do their primary job--control the message. But that might not be what they are attempting to do. Maybe they are attempting to control the TRUTH. That is both scary and dangerous. But, if this messageboard is any indication---they are doing a bangup job.

The message is the media is biased. I know you are incapable of believing that, but it makes no difference.

The message is the media is biased. I know you are incapable of believing that, but it makes no difference.

Perhaps the media is bias, irrelevant. Can't the "free market" take care of that?

But which is more likely, a "free" press with a bias, or an administration with a bias? And which is more dangerous, a "free" press with a bias presentation of the news, or an administration CONTROLLING the truth?

I mean damn, can't you righties think at least a little for yourselves? Leaders of a democracy don't seek to control the truth, that is what despots do.

Perhaps the media is bias, irrelevant. Can't the "free market" take care of that?

But which is more likely, a "free" press with a bias, or an administration with a bias? And which is more dangerous, a "free" press with a bias presentation of the news, or an administration CONTROLLING the truth?

I mean damn, can't you righties think at least a little for yourselves? Leaders of a democracy don't seek to control the truth, that is what despots do.
The reason we can see thru your bs is because we can think.

We're not thinking with our vaginas like the protestors did this weekend.

Trump didn't forfeit his Constitutional rights when he became president. He is also not obligated to lay down and accept a bias media. Despots have control of the media right now.

It was answered by example, not direct words. Repeating something over and over doesn't make it more true OldLady. You also ignored my request to you in the paragraph above. Any particular reason you don't answer?
It was answered by example, not direct words
I don't know what that means.
You also ignored my request to you in the paragraph above. Any particular reason you don't answer?
Forgive me, I thought I did answer it. I don't know what else needs to be said. Chuck Todd asked why the President would choose to use his first Press Briefing to "litigate a provable falsehood." Trump's pronouncement, via Spicer, was provably false about crowd size on several points. It is embarrassing and a little frightening to have a President come out on his first day in office and say the sky is Green, turn in a huff and say "that's all, folks."
Jesus, saveliberty, how anyone defends that, I don't know. All the fact checkers, even Fox, called him on it. So what exactly else is there to say?

The reason we can see thru your bs is because we can think.

We're not thinking with our vaginas like the protestors did this weekend.

So, a bias media is more dangerous than an administration controlling the truth?

And honestly, did you really expect the Trump administration to declare war on the press right out of the gate? Does he not have bigger fish to fry?

And I got to tell you something. It don't take much thinking to be bothered by the fact that Trump's primary concern during his first weekend on the job was the press's portrayal of his coronation numbers.

It was answered by example, not direct words
I don't know what that means.
You also ignored my request to you in the paragraph above. Any particular reason you don't answer?
Forgive me, I thought I did answer it. I don't know what else needs to be said. Chuck Todd asked why the President would choose to use his first Press Briefing to "litigate a provable falsehood." Trump's pronouncement, via Spicer, was provably false about crowd size on several points. It is embarrassing and a little frightening to have a President come out on his first day in office and say the sky is Green, turn in a huff and say "that's all, folks."
Jesus, saveliberty, how anyone defends that, I don't know. All the fact checkers, even Fox, called him on it. So what exactly else is there to say?

You can ask a question without having judgments and provocations. A professional and unbiased interviewer would have. By doing what Conway did, she exposed Todd as biased and THAT was her answer. Showing Todd as part of the problem.

Forum List

Back