Todays 1st inning Grand Slam......225,000 jobs added last month

Persistence Of Memory

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2019
Trump is going to break Ruth's Home Run record

January adds a much stronger-than-expected 225,000 jobs, with a boost from warm weather

download.jpg

giphy.gif

U.S. adds 225,000 jobs in January as hiring speeds up, unemployment rises to 3.6%

Badass.

With the numbers we're seeing, there HAD to still be a lot of slack in the system from over the years to keep GDP down. Otherwise we wouldn't have had that little uptick in the UE rate.

At some point, that slack has to flatten out. If this keeps up, at some point we HAVE to see better growth.

Not bad at all. Actually, BETTER than not bad at all. Here's hoping.

Great news.....just wished people were this happy about Obama averaging 227 jobs a month during his last 3 years in office.....but those were fake jobs or something.....

"The average monthly gain so far under Trump is 191,000 jobs. During the last 35 months under Obama, employers were adding an average of 227,000 jobs a month."

How Trump's three years of job gains compares to Obama's - CNN

Now if Trump decides against cutting Social Security and Medicare like he has been claiming to do -- and if he decides to IMPROVE healthcare instead of trying to sabotage it while blatantly lying and telling people he is protecting it -- then we can talk....

"Tiffany Stepien, whose 10-year-old daughter Sophia was diagnosed with a rare kidney cancer when she was 4, told Newsweek she "struggled" to watch Trump's address when he talked about pre-existing conditions.. "I felt frustrated and angry with the fact that Trump lied about protecting pre-existing conditions while he has staff actively fighting to dismantle the ACA in court," Stepien said.

Trump accused by people with pre-existing conditions of lying about protecting them during State of the Union address

Great news.....just wished people were this happy about Obama averaging 227 jobs a month during his last 3 years in office.....but those were fake jobs or something.....

"The average monthly gain so far under Trump is 191,000 jobs. During the last 35 months under Obama, employers were adding an average of 227,000 jobs a month."

Now if Trump decides against cutting Social Security and Medicare like he has been claiming to do -- and if he decides to IMPROVE healthcare instead of trying to sabotage it while blatantly lying and telling people he is protecting it -- then we can talk....

"Tiffany Stepien, whose 10-year-old daughter Sophia was diagnosed with a rare kidney cancer when she was 4, told Newsweek she "struggled" to watch Trump's address when he talked about pre-existing conditions.. "I felt frustrated and angry with the fact that Trump lied about protecting pre-existing conditions while he has staff actively fighting to dismantle the ACA in court," Stepien said.

Trump accused by people with pre-existing conditions of lying about protecting them during State of the Union address
There are definitely two sides to what's happening with the economy, but I kept this positive. But yeah, I get it. Such is the nasty, dishonest nature of partisan politics right now.

U.S. adds 225,000 jobs in January as hiring speeds up, unemployment rises to 3.6%

Badass.

With the numbers we're seeing, there HAD to still be a lot of slack in the system from over the years to keep GDP down. Otherwise we wouldn't have had that little uptick in the UE rate.

At some point, that slack has to flatten out. If this keeps up, at some point we HAVE to see better growth.

My daughter finally went back to work. Commission sales. It's been 5+ years. She says her new job sucks as it took 3 weeks to make $800.00, minus the $10.00 a day for gas to get to it. All I can say to her is next week will be better. Hoping.

There are definitely two sides to what's happening with the economy, but I kept this positive. But yeah, I get it. Such is the nasty, dishonest nature of partisan politics right now.
No, this isn't really something we can just write off as partisan politics....

I have no idea what Sophia's politics are ...I do know that she has a REAL STAKE in whether one party wants to do away with pre-existing conditions while lying and saying they are protecting it......and the reason why they are doing it isn't because they have a better solution....

that aint partisan politics, that is her life and her daughter's life....

Wall Street Journal ^ | February 7, 2020 | Sarah Chaney and Eric Morath

Employers added 225,000 jobs in January and the jobless rate was 3.6%, signs that the U.S. labor market is positioned to fuel economic growth in 2020.

Wages increased 3.1% from a year earlier, a touch higher than December’s annual rise of 3%.

Economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal had forecast job growth of 158,000, an unemployment rate of 3.5% and year-over-year wage growth of 3.0%.

January’s robust payroll gain points to a continued healthy labor market in a U.S. economic expansion!

------------

The MSM usually makes a point to include a reference to the economic recovery having begun during the Surrender Monkey administration, that would have done much better if that economic asshole had left it alone to correct by itself!

It’s laughable, but they just can’t help themselves....like the left wing idiots in here thatvpostvdoom and gloom...
Get over it ABNORMALS, or you will just continue to be losers!

There is not an empty retail store in my entire county....everyone is working at good jobs with employment based healthcare....we are a happy nation and happy nations don't vote for change.....

There is not an empty retail store in my entire county....everyone is working at good jobs with employment based healthcare....we are a happy nation and happy nations don't vote for change.....
LOTS of empty stores in Nassau, Long Island, but that is due to the DemonRATS KILLING US WITH TAXES!

Badass.

My daughter finally went back to work. Commission sales. It's been 5+ years. She says her new job sucks as it took 3 weeks to make $800.00, minus the $10.00 a day for gas to get to it. All I can say to her is next week will be better. Hoping.
She should follow Joe Bidens advice....

Biden Suggests Coal Miners Learn to Code To Be Prepared for 'Jobs of the Future'
upload_2020-2-7_11-32-21.jpeg
Dec 31, 2019 · During a campaign event on Monday, Joe Biden suggested coal miners could simply learn to code to transition to "jobs of the future.

Do you think 30 hour a week part time jobs is good for America?

Badass.

Learn coding

[

There are definitely two sides to what's happening with the economy,

No it is not Moon Bat. As usual you are confused.

The economy is booming and you stupid uneducated low information TDS afflicted Moon Bats can't give Trump the credit he is due.

You long for the days when your worthless affirmative action Negro was President and we had increased poverty, decreased family income and dismal economic growth. That is just the kind of confused assholes you are.

Badass.

I laugh

[

There are definitely two sides to what's happening with the economy,

No it is not Moon Bat. As usual you are confused.

The economy is booming and you stupid uneducated low information TDS afflicted Moon Bats can't give Trump the credit he is due.

You long for the days when your worthless affirmative action Negro was President and we had increased poverty, decreased family income and dismal economic growth. That is just the kind of confused assholes you are.
I fully realize that people like you lack the intellectual capacity to "see" any more than your "side" of any given story.

Knowing that may be why you get so emotional when challenged.

Not my problem, and I'm tired of trying to educate you.

Badass.

I laugh
At what do you laugh?

At some point, job numbers will have to slow down. Once you have full employment, there is no much room left for new hiring. Seeing numbers like this at unemployment this low is a great success.

Badass.

I laugh
At what do you laugh?

That anyone who has been out of work for more than 5 years Could think that there was an issue other than there own un-marketability stopping them.
Or want.

At some point, job numbers will have to slow down. Once you have full employment, there is no much room left for new hiring. Seeing numbers like this at unemployment this low is a great success.

Unemployment will be up sporadically as people who gave up looking for work during the obama years try to return to the work force.

Forum List

Back