Today is my Anniversary

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
6 May 1992 I started my Enlistment - Initial Entry for Training.

Where Life has taken me:
Age 19
6 May - 9 July: Fort Sill OK
10 July - 24 Aug: Fort Bliss TX
16 Sep 92 - Mar 95 - Wackernheim Germany
Apr 95-May 97 - Seattle, WA (WA Army Nat Guard)
May 97-July 97 - Fort Jackson, SC
July 97-July 98 - Waegwon, South Korea (Camp Carroll)
July 98-June 00 - Fort Lewis, WA

Because of that Ft Lewis gig, I found the job I currently hold as a Army Civilian Employee...

I'm not 'great' now - but I shudder to think of who I would be if I hadn't obeyed my calling to enlist.

I'd thank God and stuff and junk...but it'd come across as cliche...Suffice it to say, I've been blessed beyond deserving the past 13 years..

:)

:salute:

-=d=- said:

Where Life has taken me:
Age 19

Because of that Ft Lewis gig, I found the job I currently hold as a Army Civilian Employee...

I'm not 'great' now - but I shudder to think of who I would be if I hadn't obeyed my calling to enlist.

I'd thank God and stuff and junk...but it'd come across as cliche...Suffice it to say, I've been blessed beyond deserving the past 13 years..

D, I thank you sincerely for your service, including desk jockey stuff. 1992, my youngest was 7. He was appearing before judges. While not the life and death stuff, I guess for him, unbeknowst, it was. Shoot!

-=d=- said:

Where Life has taken me:
Age 19

Anyone who serves their county, military or civilian, deserves all of our thanks and respect.

Thank you.

:clap: :salute: :beer: :clap1: :rock: :thewave: :hail:

GotZoom said:
Anyone who serves their county, military or civilian, deserves all of our thanks and respect.

Thank you.

:clap: :salute: :beer: :clap1: :rock: :thewave: :hail:

Thank you for me... and my children!

glad the army helped you to become something better.

You're a father who provides for his family, celebrates the love for/of his wife and children and you actually show up for work everyday.
Not too shabby.

:thup:

Congratulations Darin.

I thank my stepfather for booting my butt into the Army. Lots of my high school contemporaries went off to college to party instead. Today, by and large, they're a sorry pack of self-centered losers who never grew up.

It's pretty damn scary. Had I not had the opportunity to get out of the loop for a while and do some maturing, I would probably be a democrat. Eeeeeewwwwww.

Forum List

Back