Today is eastern-orthodox christmas

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Im eastern-orthodox Eastern Orthodox Church - Wikipedia and my church celebrates christmas according to the old julian church calendar Julian calendar - Wikipedia

In orthodox tradition, christmas preparation starts a month before christmas, its a month of fasting, orthodox fasting is basically vegan + fish. You dont eat meat (except fish) and you dont eat diarie products. I didnt fasted the whole month just one week. I started at monday and yesterday was christmas eve which is the most important day of observing the fast. I ate fish, and potatoes for dinner and a fish soup. I got a christmas gift yesterday. And my mum cooked sarma and made a cake. We went with car to pick up our pecenje (pecenje means literally roasted). We have a porkling, like usually. But you can have a rooster or goose too or turkey etc. Important is that its prepared as a whole, not cut in pieces, only when its finally roasted you cut it into pieces, but it needs to come to table whole). We didnt went to church this year, but christmas service was at afternoon and our neighbour who is also orthodox was in church and he brought us a church calender for new year, a candle from the church and a badnjak. The badnjak is a tree, which gets burned on christmas. Badnjak (Serbian) - Wikipedia

So today I will only eat and celebrate with my family, and may God bring us all peace, Merry Christmas.

but you are wearing a fake islamic style beard

did you really think we needed to be reminded with a cut and paste from wikipedia?

There's no such thing as an "Islamic style beard", clown.

someone photoshopped to make look more "towelhead" he wanted to tease me, but I thought its funny and copied it to my computer.

Not funny, not with a terrorist inspired, all be a troubled individual, massacre today

what about this one now?

evil genius from moscow

not funny

you are boring

There's no such thing as an "Islamic style beard", clown.

someone photoshopped to make look more "towelhead" he wanted to tease me, but I thought its funny and copied it to my computer.

Not funny, not with a terrorist inspired, all be a troubled individual, massacre today

what about this one now?

evil genius from moscow

not funny

you are boring

and you thought your behavior on a religious forum was amusing?

what about this one now?

evil genius from moscow

not funny

you are boring

USMB is not a religious forum. I just stopped in to say Merry Christmas.

what about this one now?

evil genius from moscow

not funny

you are boring

you upset me now, congrats.

If you weren't playing games you would just
15823523_1041188556003351_5179013748375612055_n.jpg

Edo bri'cho o rish d'shato brich'to!

ܥܐܕܐ ܒܪܝܟܐ ܘܪܝܫܗ ܕܫܝܬܐ ܒܪܝܟܬܐ

Շնորհավոր Սուրբ Ծնունդ

счастливого Рождества

καλά Χριστούγεννα

Last edited:

what about this one now?

evil genius from moscow

not funny

you are boring

USMB is not a religious forum. I just stopped in to say Merry Christmas.
The ceremony originated with Emperor Constantine choosing the celebration of Sol Invictus -- the Sun god.

That's why Sunday is called Sunday too.

And also why Christians worship on Sunday's too -- because of Constantine.

The E. Orthodox Church's calendar is all messed up.

Pope Gregory fixed this back in 1582 but the Orthodox patriarchs were too ignorant to follow suit.

This is why the West (Roman Catholic and Protestants) use the "Gregorian Calendar" instead.

But Merry Xmas to you Mortimer !!

I love Eastern Orthodox art.

World peace is a fragile thing.

For example, Bertrand Russell the famous British philosopher became atheist as a result of WW1.

World peace has only existed a few times in history, and then only when some mighty empire or nation imposed its own version of it on the world.

Cases in point are the Persian Empire, the Roman Empire, the British Empire, and now the Pax Americana.

World peace has had very little to do with God.

Forum List

Back