To the supporters, left and right, of repealing DADT, answer me this

No, we are not! And the 25 other countries seem to be having no real problem with the gays in their military. How about you not try to force your bigoted views on me.

Believing something is a sin, is NOT being bigoted; so stop with that.

That being said, as I have told on here before, my opinion on this changed forever when I learned that my buddy is gay. His loved one had to stay at home and not be part of our celebration upon returning from Iraq as a unit? How is that right? My friend had to choose between us and him. We as his friends lost out on years of getting to know his partner, who by the way is a nice guy I just don't think about that part of their relationship.

I find homosexuality to be a disgusting sin but I just can't look at my friend and say gays should have to live a lie.

Disapproving of the lifestyle does not have to mean demanding that they deny who they are.

Bass is a bigot! So I will not stop. Calling gays faggots and child molesters just because they are gay, is being a bigot. So, I will call Bass a bigot all day long, so how about you stop and wake up.

I was in NO WAY referring to Bass, the dude's a moron. I was referring to the way people lump everyone who thinks homosexuality is a sin into one big bucket and call us all bigots, it's not true.

If the military repeals DADT its effectively saying that the military supports homosexuality and homosexual behavior. Thats whats you're asking the military to do, to make homosexuality the equal of heterosexuality, which it isn't.

No, we are not! And the 25 other countries seem to be having no real problem with the gays in their military. How about you not try to force your bigoted views on me.

With all due respect, I don't give a damn about what 25 other countries do with their military, I'm talking about the US military and yes, to repeal DADT so homosexual troops can kiss each other in the mouth and show displays of affection is the equivalent of the military supporting homosexuality and homosexual behavior because other than that gays have everything equal.

Sure they do. :lol:
YOu have no other argument, other than that YOU don't agree with their lifestyle. I don't agree with your bigoted lifestyle, should I be able to tell you that you cannot do something? You can go right a head and have your hateful views, I am not forcing you to stop, and I am not denying you anything. You other the hand, believe that if you don't agree with it, they should be denied something.

That being said, as I have told on here before, my opinion on this changed forever when I learned that my buddy is gay. His loved one had to stay at home and not be part of our celebration upon returning from Iraq as a unit? How is that right? My friend had to choose between us and him. We as his friends lost out on years of getting to know his partner, who by the way is a nice guy I just don't think about that part of their relationship.

I find homosexuality to be a disgusting sin but I just can't look at my friend and say gays should have to live a lie.

Disapproving of the lifestyle does not have to mean demanding that they deny who they are.

Bass is a bigot! So I will not stop. Calling gays faggots and child molesters just because they are gay, is being a bigot. So, I will call Bass a bigot all day long, so how about you stop and wake up.

Bass has not called a gay a faggot in this thread, stop trying to facking stir the shat pot.

I was in NO WAY referring to Bass, the dude's a moron. I was referring to the way people lump everyone who thinks homosexuality is a sin into one big bucket and call us all bigots, it's not true.

Well I was talking to Bass when I made the comment. ;)
I wasn't talking to you, or anyone else, I was talking to Bass. I think that was clear when I quoted him. But thanks! ;)

That's got to be the lamest argument for DADT that I have ever heard.

I mean, there are some good for it, but that's just fucking retarded.

No it isn't lame, I'm just presenting an example situation where a troop could be put in a position where he/she could be forced into something. I know you only see things one way because in your mind everybody is a homophobe if they don't see it your way.

God forbid we force soldiers to do something.

We can't allow that to happen in the military!

BTW, have you noticed what a strange coincidence it is that every single man in the military favors a short haircut?

What are the odds?

I have never forced my soldiers to do anything that would go against their religion, that would violate the regulation. Protocol is a different story and if one of my soldiers were to be potentially forced to do something against their religion in the name of protocol I wouldn't put them on that detail.

Bass has not called a gay a faggot in this thread, stop trying to facking stir the shat pot.

:cuckoo:

No it isn't lame, I'm just presenting an example situation where a troop could be put in a position where he/she could be forced into something. I know you only see things one way because in your mind everybody is a homophobe if they don't see it your way.

BTW, have you noticed what a strange coincidence it is that every single man in the military favors a short haircut?

What are the odds?

I have never forced my soldiers to do anything that would go against their religion, that would violate the regulation. Protocol is a different story and if one of my soldiers were to be potentially forced to do something against their religion in the name of protocol I wouldn't put them on that detail.

But you force homosexuals to hide who they are. I guess you feel only certain views should be respected.

Gay are not pedophiles because they're gay, stop lying because I never said such a thing. Anyways, in this thread I'm speaking strictly about the military so youzr crappy personal attack in no way discredits my argument.

Just like I said, other than openly flaunting their homosexuality there is no real reason to repeal it.

If a heterosexual is in a relationship or talks about who they like or who they are dating, are they flaunting their heterosexuality?

If the military repeals DADT its effectively saying that the military supports homosexuality and homosexual behavior. Thats whats you're asking the military to do, to make homosexuality the equal of heterosexuality, which it isn't.

Basically....yes

We are saying that if has no bearing on your performance as a soldier, the military has no business getting involved with who you choose to love as long as it is legal.

There are no laws against homosexuality in this country, the military has no business enforcing unequal treatment on gays

Last edited:

Gay are not pedophiles because they're gay, stop lying because I never said such a thing. Anyways, in this thread I'm speaking strictly about the military so youzr crappy personal attack in no way discredits my argument.
:lol: Do you really think I have forgotten what you have said about gay people for the last two years?
And of course it discredits your argument, you biased views make your argument void. It is also obvious from your posts why you don't gays to serve openly.

What are the odds?

But you force homosexuals to hide who they are. I guess you feel only certain views should be respected.

What the fack are you talking about you stupid ass woman? I have never forced a gay to do anything except to follow and obey all regulations and lawful orders and even then I don't force them to do anything but as a NCO it is my job to enforce the regulations otherwise I wouldn't be doing my job.

You can't force soldiers to do something that goes against their religion to an extent. A soldier dictating how other people live their lives because it violates their own religious beliefs is a non-starter argument.

Unless you are prepared to tell me that Catholic Soldiers don't have to tolerate superiors who have been divorced or Mormon soldiers don't have to listen to superiors who drink caffeine.

Your choice of who goes on what detail is not the same as official military policy.

What the fack are you talking about you stupid ass woman? I have never forced a gay to do anything except to follow and obey all regulations and lawful orders and even then I don't force them to do anything but as a NCO it is my job to enforce the regulations otherwise I wouldn't be doing my job.
So you as a military officer you are forcing them to hide who they are. got it!

You don't have to. The UCMJ does that for you. I would rightfully expect you to enforce DADT, even though I think it's an idiotic policy.

This isn't about you, it's about the policy and that is much bigger than any individual serviceman.

:lol: Do you really think I have forgotten what you have said about gay people for the last two years?
And of course it discredits your argument, you biased views make your argument void. It is also obvious from your posts why you don't gays to serve openly.

I'm not falling into your silly offtopic trap arguments, I know what I put forth in my OP and I'm sticking to it.

You may have a fat, ugly wife and I may wince every time I see you with her in public. That does not give me the right to tell you whom you are allowed to love or to place restrictions on only people I find to be acceptable together to be allowed to appear in public.

If a heterosexual is in a relationship or talks about who they like or who they are dating, are they flaunting their heterosexuality?

Basically....yes

We are saying that if has no bearing on your performance as a soldier, the military has no business getting involved with who you choose to love as long as it is legal.

There are no laws against homosexuality in this country, the military has no business enforcing unequal treatment on gays

If thats what you're saying I can say with total confidence that most soldiers don't support gay behavior and it would be wrong for the military to endorse it. If this wasn't an all volunteer military you would have a point but since joining is a choice no one joins is in any position to tell the military to endorse the behavior of a sexual life choice.

If your obease or too short you can't serve either

I'm not falling into your silly offtopic trap arguments, I know what I put forth in my OP and I'm sticking to it.

From this thread!
Really on topic there. Are we discussing if homosexuals are equal? Like I said, every post you make, shows why you are really against it. You are a bigot, and want to force your views on other people.

So, Bass, if a gay soldier died protecting his men, would he still not be equal to a straight soldier?

Forum List

Back