To the supporters, left and right, of repealing DADT, answer me this

have the military members vote on it ...all there is to it.

Which has never been the way we have run the military. If we allowed military members the sole vote of the policies that affect them combat duty would be policing the beaches of Costa Rica and basic pay for an E-1 would be $150K.

Thanks for playing.

BS, and you know it.

You failed. The military frawns upon PDA in uniform. But what they when not in uniform is up to them
Did he say they engaged in PDA's? Learn how to read.

Yes he did
"Other service members are allowed to openly show their love"
Maybe you should know a little bit about the subject before you comment

He listed how they could show their love. He never mentioned PDAs.

I also know that are allies openly allow gays to serve, and we seem to have no problem with serving with them.

=Luissa;2972206

I do think it is interesting people are using the same arguments today, that they used in regards to african americans.

WARNING: Inappropriate historical analogy. Comment: FAIL.

:rofl: you couldn't even quote me properly. Epic Fail

Actually it was the board software doing that.
And you can't respond to the post.
Grande-sized fAIL

You failed. The military frawns upon PDA in uniform. But what they when not in uniform is up to them

Apply the same standards on PDA to heterosexuals as homosexuals. Heterosexuals can openly hug and kiss their loved ones when they depart and when they return from a deployment. Gays are afraid to even have them present.

Other than that, a heterosexual soldier can talk about their loved ones, celebrate anniversaries and weddings, tell them on an open phone that they love them.

If Heterosexuals are willing to serve under the same terms as homosexuals then DADT should be maintained

No they cannot. I said the military frawns on that crap. Tryt doing it in basic or on base in uniform.

You are right. Before we deployed and when we returned, we banned all loved ones from the base and airport because we just couldn't have any PDA.

It's "frowned upon".

"By order of the Division Commander, all hugs and kisses must wait until you are home and out of uniform!"

I'll try..

Other service members are allowed to openly show their love. Heterosexuals are allowed to openly display pictures of their loved ones, have their loved ones greet them when they return from a long deployment, designate their loved ones for survivor benefits, have their loved ones visit them in the hospital.

Homosexuals must hide it

Just like I said, other than openly flaunting their homosexuality there is no real reason to repeal it.

If a heterosexual is in a relationship or talks about who they like or who they are dating, are they flaunting their heterosexuality?

If the military repeals DADT its effectively saying that the military supports homosexuality and homosexual behavior. Thats whats you're asking the military to do, to make homosexuality the equal of heterosexuality, which it isn't.

Apply the same standards on PDA to heterosexuals as homosexuals. Heterosexuals can openly hug and kiss their loved ones when they depart and when they return from a deployment. Gays are afraid to even have them present.

Other than that, a heterosexual soldier can talk about their loved ones, celebrate anniversaries and weddings, tell them on an open phone that they love them.

If Heterosexuals are willing to serve under the same terms as homosexuals then DADT should be maintained

No they cannot. I said the military frawns on that crap. Tryt doing it in basic or on base in uniform.

So family members are not allowed to hug and kiss them when returning from say war on the base? Is that what you are saying?

Just like I said, other than openly flaunting their homosexuality there is no real reason to repeal it.

If a heterosexual is in a relationship or talks about who they like or who they are dating, are they flaunting their heterosexuality?

If the military repeals DADT its effectively saying that the military supports homosexuality and homosexual behavior. Thats whats you're asking the military to do, to make homosexuality the equal of heterosexuality, which it isn't.

No, we are not! And the 25 other countries seem to be having no real problem with the gays in their military. How about you not try to force your bigoted views on me.

I'm against it for example, because when there's change of commands a troop normally hands flowers to the spouses of the outgoing and incoming commander and what if that troop doesn't agree with homosexuality on religious grounds, are you going to tell him to ignore it and make him a pariah and a homophobe for not doing it?

So family members are not allowed to hug and kiss them when returning from say war on the base? Is that what you are saying?

It never happens.*

*Note: This picture of me hugging my wife after returning home from Afghanistan will self destruct in 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Simply apply the same PDA standards to gays as you do straights.

Its not that hard

I'm against it for example, because when there's change of commands a troop normally hands flowers to the spouses of the outgoing and incoming commander and what if that troop doesn't agree with homosexuality on religious grounds, are you going to tell him to ignore it and make him a pariah and a homophobe for not doing it?

That's got to be the lamest argument for DADT that I have ever heard.

I mean, there are some good for it, but that's just fucking retarded.

No, we are not! And the 25 other countries seem to be having no real problem with the gays in their military. How about you not try to force your bigoted views on me.

With all due respect, I don't give a damn about what 25 other countries do with their military, I'm talking about the US military and yes, to repeal DADT so homosexual troops can kiss each other in the mouth and show displays of affection is the equivalent of the military supporting homosexuality and homosexual behavior because other than that gays have everything equal.

Believing something is a sin, is NOT being bigoted; so stop with that.

That being said, as I have told on here before, my opinion on this changed forever when I learned that my buddy is gay. His loved one had to stay at home and not be part of our celebration upon returning from Iraq as a unit? How is that right? My friend had to choose between us and him. We as his friends lost out on years of getting to know his partner, who by the way is a nice guy I just don't think about that part of their relationship.

I find homosexuality to be a disgusting sin but I just can't look at my friend and say gays should have to live a lie.

Disapproving of the lifestyle does not have to mean demanding that they deny who they are.

No it isn't lame, I'm just presenting an example situation where a troop could be put in a position where he/she could be forced into something. I know you only see things one way because in your mind everybody is a homophobe if they don't see it your way.

It never happens.*

*Note: This picture of me hugging my wife after returning home from Afghanistan will self destruct in 5 minutes.

I also cannot go find a youtube video, right now either. :lol:

Believing something is a sin, is NOT being bigoted; so stop with that.

That being said, as I have told on here before, my opinion on this changed forever when I learned that my buddy is gay. His loved one had to stay at home and not be part of our celebration upon returning from Iraq as a unit? How is that right? My friend had to choose between us and him. We as his friends lost out on years of getting to know his partner, who by the way is a nice guy I just don't think about that part of their relationship.

I find homosexuality to be a disgusting sin but I just can't look at my friend and say gays should have to live a lie.

Disapproving of the lifestyle does not have to mean demanding that they deny who they are.

Bass is a bigot! So I will not stop. Calling gays faggots and child molesters just because they are gay, is being a bigot. So, I will call Bass a bigot all day long, so how about you stop and wake up.

No it isn't lame, I'm just presenting an example situation where a troop could be put in a position where he/she could be forced into something. I know you only see things one way because in your mind everybody is a homophobe if they don't see it your way.

God forbid we force soldiers to do something.

We can't allow that to happen in the military!

BTW, have you noticed what a strange coincidence it is that every single man in the military favors a short haircut?

What are the odds?

Forum List

Back