To The Gym !!

Way too many Tammy taint types in the gym, and not enough eye bleach in the world, so I made my own gym at home:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And a few other pieces of kit. Variety makes it more enjoyable, IMHO.

Way too many Tammy taint types in the gym, and not enough eye bleach in the world, so I made my own gym at home:

View attachment 76276

View attachment 76277

View attachment 76279

View attachment 76280

And a few other pieces of kit. Variety makes it more enjoyable, IMHO.
What is a Tammy Taint type?

Challenging your immune system is good for health. ;)
My immune system is challenged daily and is in excellent shape. For a Tammy taint type, just refer to the OP and avie :eek-52:

I joined Planet Fitness this winter, when it got to icey and dark to run (plus my motivation to run in those conditions was plummeting) - so I used the treadmill, and it worked for a while but then I started getting serious pain in ankles and shins. I do much better outside on the trails. Not sure what I'll do next winter.
The elliptical is the best way for low-impact cardio. Cycle is second. I'd recommend a cycle class since just sitting there alone is boring.

I get bored easily in a gym...that's why I like stuff outside :)

I ride my bike too and walk. I was thinking about jogging, but I don't think it's really all that great for you unless you want to lose a lot of weight quickly. I don't need to lose weight. I'm more interesting in strength training to keep firm in areas that you don't normally use (or don't use enough).

Dancing is a GREAT way to stay in shape and fun. I have some videos that I use at home. Also kickboxing.

A physical therapy regimen is much different than a gym workout in that one is for rehabilitation the other is for getting and staying in shape.

Love to workout, love the sweat and the challenge and love staying in shape.

I go to gym regularly, chop wood regularly(great core exercises there), ZUMBA(dance) and strength training. I also use a "Total Gym" at home for those little tight exercises where I use a plank and a portion of my own body weight to slowly but surely tone up and do physical therapy on those body parts that have been injured, old injuries and a great back workout.

I also have free weights I use at home when I do not feel like going to the gym or don't have time.

I also go to a pool(heated) when I want to switch up workouts and need a change of pace.

Apparently the experience shower is a full on power shower on turbo and at the end of it you get sprayed with all sorts of nice smelling stuff. As its free I am deffo going to have a go.

I have never been in a gym before let alone joined one. I hope I dont make any silly social mistakes.

My plan is a few lengths of the pool doing anle twisting exercises,a bit of sauna and steam room followed by the experience shower. Then upstairs for a high protein banana milk shake with Ice cream and a chocolate flake.

I will also observe the ongoing tranny situation and report back on any perceived threat to my manliness.
Make sure you cover yourself with a towel....no one wants to see your disgusting Limey ass.
A burqini would be better.
Is this the Limey in the pool?
image-543433-breitwandaufmacher-bfwv-543433.jpg
Nearly there. Just need to add a face covering :)
View attachment 76116
I know that dude in the purple. He used to play on my brother's softball team.

I ride my bike too and walk. I was thinking about jogging, but I don't think it's really all that great for you unless you want to lose a lot of weight quickly. I don't need to lose weight. I'm more interesting in strength training to keep firm in areas that you don't normally use (or don't use enough).

Dancing is a GREAT way to stay in shape and fun. I have some videos that I use at home. Also kickboxing.
I agree
ChrisL

Jogging is hard on your body, in particular, your lower-body joints such as your hips, knees, ankles and toes. All the joints in your feet. Especially if you jog on solid pavement.

If you really think you need to jog, jog on a cork track and use good running shoes with gel insoles.

Jogging is not good for you. It is the repeated shock on your joints that will get you in the long run.

I was a runner ("jogger") for 35 years and only stopped when an unrelated injury put my hand in a cast for 6 weeks and I couldn't figure out a way to run without compromising the injury.

So I did some research, and concluded that running is not actually so good for you. It isn't even all that great at weight control (a constant issue for me). The harm to joints outweighs the minimal cardio benefits, and I actually think running 3-4 days per week (doing nothing else) inhibits muscle growth. Show me a marathoner who does not look malnourished.

Any good fitness regimen includes three essential parts: resistance training, flexibility, and some form of "cardio." And of course, no training regimen can do you any good unless you actually do it.

According to what I have found, the best "cardio" is progressive interval training. And like it or not, the best tools for progressive interval training are a treadmill and/or a stationary bike. Typical regimen would be (i) jog two minutes, then walk two minutes, (ii) run for 1 minute at a slightly faster clip, then walk until fully recovered (60-90 seconds); (iii) run faster for one minute, then walk until fully recovered. Repeat, increasing the speed each time, until you reach a speed where you cannot continue for the full minute. Walk for a minute or two to recover, then stretch. The whole workout will take around 15 minutes, and is much more beneficial than a half-hour run. This workout can easily be converted to a good stationary bike. Max heart rate for the last interval should be at or near ((220 - age) times 0.85. For me it is ((220-66) * 0.85 = 131.

Walking is better for weight loss than running, although obviously more time must be invested. In either case, hills enhance the workout greatly, although running downhill is hell on your knees. Running burns sugar and carbs; walking burns fat.

Resistance training should include some reps at maximum effort, and should conclude with multiple reps (at least 20) at a light weight

Forum List

Back