To the Conservatives.

I have to give you props for this RGS.

I really don't think I, or any sane lefty, has ever attacked Bush on a highly personal level, like him not loving his daughters, wife, or grandparents. I think its mostly been confined to him being an appalling idiot on policy issues like Iraq, Katrina, the economy, and tax cuts for the rich. I think he is pretty dumb, and that might sound like a personal attack. But, I generally think that means he's not up to the job, and is not nearly in the same intellectual ball field as most of our presidents in history. I don't literally think he's as stupid as a kentucky hillbilly with a third grade education.

I still think he looks like a chimpanzee. But, that's all in good fun. I think Obama with those huge ass ears, could be compared to dumbo the elephant and I wouldn't mind those kind of jokes.

In all honesty we “Lefties” did point out that W. was a cocaine snorting, drunk driving, billionaire playboy idiot long before he was elected, that’s kind of personal, right?

I really don't think you REALLY read what he wrote. Read it again

I read (into) what he was saying was to the right wingers:

quit your bitching about this, that and the other until you have something to bitch about. If he fails at things WHILE he is president, then you can bitch. But he's not even in office yet, so until then, STFU!

Am I wrong in this assessement of what RGS is saying?

I read (into) what he was saying was to the right wingers:

quit your bitching about this, that and the other until you have something to bitch about. If he fails at things WHILE he is president, then you can bitch. But he's not even in office yet, so until then, STFU!

Am I wrong in this assessement of what RGS is saying?

No, not on that, and I would applaud him if thats ALL he said, but his motives for that is that he's going to be another Rush Limbaugh and I don't respect that

If you believe Bush lied about WMDs then you must also believe that Saddam told the truth.

Bull crap as usual and faulty logic. Saddam was a liar also, but you conveniently fail to mention that the weapons inspectors told US that the WMDs didn't exist to any extent when Bush wanted to attack Iraq. Did we find any?

You must be one of those 20 some percent who still believe Iraq attacked US on 9-11.:cuckoo:

I mean we've had someone in office who said one thing and did another.

No, we've had someone in office for the last 219 years that said one thing and did another. What's laughable is that liberals think Obama will be different. Already, two weeks into his election, he's proving to be more of the same.

Thats not what he's saying. There is nothing Sarg said that was by partisan. He wants to win and is gonna be screaming the entire time trying to find negative things. I don't applaud any of this, but I'd say that (for some reason) he believes in the Conservative ideology(or lack thereof) and knows how to get it back.

Oh, and Sarg, give it up, you're not taking over the Presidency in 4 years unless some Conservative nutjob assassinates Obama. Though, you might have a shot at Congress in 4 years

I don't think you were reading RGunny all that well. His take seems to be mine, let's nail him on what he does do, if he does something worthy. He already has with his malaise speech over the weekend, something we may look forward to each weekend, from the office of the PE. Then there was the private Poland talk and the public Russia talk, very confusing. There were taxes to be raised on the rich, but not so much so anymore. Getting people out of Gitmo, well maybe not ALL of them. :rolleyes:

As someone said, he hasn't even taken office yet.

What the conservatives must not do, IMO and I think what RGS was saying, is hammer on the peripheral things like the nonsense over draft registration or birth certificate. The election IS over, he will be president for at least 4 years.

Obama is our President elect. Get over it already. Stop the petty bitching about his birth certificate and his grandmother. Stop the personal attacks

He has enough REAL issues for us to discuss. His policies suck and we have him on tape advancing them.

Give it a rest. Remember how much we have hated the petty bitching and moaning from the left for the last 8 years. Lets be better then those guys. Stick to facts and reality.

Obama will be appointing people to positions, that gives us ammo. He will be advancing his plan for the Country, more ammo. Chose the effective High Road and avod the easy mudslinging low road.

He is already side stepping promises. Attack him on THAT. Wait for the new Congress and point out all the bad decisions by the Democrats. In 2 years we can reclaim the Congress and in 4 we can put Obama out of office if he does all the idiotic things he has promised to do.

Crying about a Birth Certificate that the State has already said is valid is a waste of time. Complaining because he did not do what you would do with the death of his Grandmother is PETTY.

There are real issues to discuss. Though most we have to wait for him to actually start pushing them.

This is exactly the reason why the Republican party is falling apart. Tear down the people who share the same beliefs, to what benefit.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as the next person, hence this thread.

But, that's one of the reasons why McCain didn't win. He thought he was too high-minded to really go after Obama. What elected official people do in their personal life speaks to their character. I think the American public learned this lesson with former president, Bill Clinton.

Barack Obama will be my president and I will support him even though I voted for McCain. I have every right to judge him. I will say when he does well and I will also speak when he doesn't. He's a public official and this is something he expects.

We are all frustrated by the state of the country, but I wouldn't vent my own frustration by lashing out at my sisters and brothers.

Last edited:
So I guess you have to be quiet until it appears that his buddy on the Supreme Court fixed the election.... And then be quiet again after he fakes us into a pretend war of choice?

Cool... that means we won't hear from you for a long while.

Not quite...we'll say nothing now that the USSC has put the Fla. SC in its place by not allowing them the change election rules just because the outcome didn't suit the Democrats in 2000....

As for your other point...do you need me to post the Dem. quotes about Iraq and Suddam and WMD between 1996 and 2001.....before Bush took office...?
We can compare what the Dims said then with what Bush in 2001/2002

Last edited:
This is exactly the reason why the Republican party is falling apart. Tear down the people who share the same beliefs, to what benefit.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as the next person, hence this thread.

But, that's one of the reasons why McCain didn't win. He thought he was too high-minded to really go after Obama. What elected official people do in their personal life speaks to their character. I think the American public learned this lesson with former president, Bill Clinton.

Barack Obama will be my president and I will support him even though I voted for McCain. I have every right to judge him. I will say when he does well and I will also speak when he doesn't. He's a public official and this is something he expects.

We are all frustrated by the state of the country, but I wouldn't vent my own frustration by lashing out at my sisters and brothers.
I hear you, but I feel an obligation to my sisters and brothers to call them when they are projecting stupid and best and imitative at worst. How many years of insanity about Bush/Hitler, Bush/Chimp, Bush/Mission Accomplished, Bush/Cheney bots? In this case imitation is not flattery, just stupid.

I hear you, but I feel an obligation to my sisters and brothers to call them when they are projecting stupid and best and imitative at worst. How many years of insanity about Bush/Hitler, Bush/Chimp, Bush/Mission Accomplished, Bush/Cheney bots? In this case imitation is not flattery, just stupid.

Kathianne, please clarify. If this applies to me, please explain how. I haven't used any imprications.

And just think. We will be forevermore deprived of the opportunity to see what they could have done with McCain/Palin..

Kathianne, please clarify. If this applies to me, please explain how. I haven't used any imprications.

You were replying to RGS, I was replying to your reply to him. I'm getting dizzy. We're in agreement.

And just think. We will be forevermore deprived of the opportunity to see what they could have done with McCain/Palin..
the point is, its time to move on, lets keep an eye on what is actually happening and not the silly stuff like the dems did for 8 years

Forum List

Back