To Pay for Weight Loss Drugs, Some Take Second Jobs, Ring Up Credit-Card Debts

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Here's a thought. Eat less. I turned 41 in August. I've never been fat and I can still see my abs. Since my 20s I've exercised regularly and eaten responsibly. I rarely drink alcohol, eat sugar, eat junk food. Occasionally, I'll have that stuff on a holiday, celebration, or an evening out with friends, but that's the key. It's moderation. Too many people consume these things on a regular basis. They're too lazy to cook their own meals and get even a small amount of exercise in and instead eat processed foods and park their fat asses in front of the television. They'd rather fork out thousands of dollars on "miracle drugs" risking side effects, when they can simply make a lifestyle change and it's really not that hard to do. After you go a few weeks of giving up that stuff and start seeing results you actually lose the craving to have them back. You won't find soda, potato chips, or any of that shit in our house.

Here's a thought. Eat less. I turned 41 in August. I've never been fat and I can still see my abs. Since my 20s I've exercised regularly and eaten responsibly. I rarely drink alcohol, eat sugar, eat junk food. Occasionally, I'll have that stuff on a holiday, celebration, or an evening out with friends, but that's the key. It's moderation. Too many people consume these things on a regular basis. They're too lazy to cook their own meals and get even a small amount of exercise in and instead eat processed foods and park their fat asses in front of the television. They'd rather fork out thousands of dollars on "miracle drugs" risking side effects, when they can simply make a lifestyle change and it's really not that hard to do. After you go a few weeks of giving up that stuff and start seeing results you actually lose the craving to have them back. You won't find soda, potato chips, or any of that shit in our house.

Cool. I didn't know you were a young guy.

Why didn't you just pm Bodey?

Last edited:
GLP-1 drugs are designed to treat diabetes, not for weight loss.
The reason why people lose weight is because the drug makes their stomach empty much slower.
The patient can't eat a big meal without severe gastric distress.
The drug acts very similar to a gastric bypass.

The reason why people lose weight is because the drug makes their stomach empty much slower.
And of course the FDA-Big Pharrma collusin downplays this dangerous effect all in the name of profits.

And cause gastroperisis

I think some people try all this with not very much luck, but I hear intermittent fasting is the ticket for some. Certainly it seems these drugs would be a very last resort.

Forum List

Back