To parents with grown kids.....

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I'm just asking out of curiosity here................no intended shaming of any kind.

Those people with grown kids --

1. What is the worst thing you've ever said or done to your kid(s) when they were younger?
2. What happened because of it, if anything?
3. How do you feel about it now?

1654983997091.png

One of my daughters fell while skating, and complained about her wrist hurting for three days. I kept telling her it was just sprained. Wife took her to the doctor on day 4 and it turns out she had a broke bone in her wrist.

Every time I think of it I can't help but to feel terrible, all these years later.

I'm just asking out of curiosity here................no intended shaming of any kind.

1. What is the worst thing you've ever said or done to your kid(s) when they were younger?

Hmmmmm... Probably removed her bedroom door. She was 15 and a bit of a slob. My wife and I were constantly on her back about keeping her room clean and cleaning up after herself in other rooms...

The kid learned to keep her room clean. Believe me, the last thing a 15 year old girl wants is a bedroom with no door...

Perfectly fine...

View attachment 656690
Seriously? I don't have one worst thing. I have millions of things that I feel guilty over and that I'm sure I didn't handle right, good, bad or anything in between.

I let my son go to live with his dad. I cried when he asked. He didn't understand and his dad promised him a puppy. His dad was feeding him crap about how wonderful it was going to be and how bad mom was. My son said that if he didn't like it he would come back home. I tried to explain that isn't how the court system worked and it was going to take a bit to get him back. It absolutely did. His dad was physically abusive and sexually assaulted him. He didn't tell me about that until recently. His dad would get wasted and go on top of his roof.......drunk.....naked. All of the neighbors knew that he was up there. All of my son's friend's parents knew.

It was hell to get him out. I did and we booked eventually. Legally. In order for us to go his dad refused to pay child support. I was down with that. I just had to prove a couple of things to the court.

My son sent me a link to a news article two days ago. His dad was recently arrested. He was drinking at a bar with his wife. She left in a vehicle. He rode with someone and, when they pulled up next to the Jeep, he jumped out and beat the living shit out of her. He took off in the vehicle. She called the cops. At the end of the article, the cops found a meth pipe on him. That's new. I can't imagine how painful that must have been for him to read all of that.

Worst mistake I ever made was letting him go. Shit like this is like a generational gift that keeps on giving. How this plays out will be determined by the choices that he makes in the future with his own life in regards to drugs, relationships and his own children.

Hmmmmm... Probably removed her bedroom door. She was 15 and a bit of a slob. My wife and I were constantly on her back about keeping her room clean and cleaning up after herself in other rooms...

The kid learned to keep her room clean. Believe me, the last thing a 15 year old girl wants is a bedroom with no door...

Perfectly fine...

I would say, this is more of a "last resort" kind of thing.

I had my bedroom door taken off, because I was constantly accused of "slamming" it shut.
Fuktard my bitch mother married was a prick. I told him the door is hard to close and it kept popping open unless it was shut HARD. He thought I was lying. He's dead now. I'm happy.

My dad was a beater and a cheater and that was just the beginning. Was he ever sorry for all that he was guilty of? No. He only continued on with whatever made sense to him. He isn't dead yet, but he does have Parkinson's Disease now. I guess it is true what has been said: What goes around comes around.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back