To Kill a Mockingbird becomes an Obama Re election commercial

Reread his comments on race made a few of years ago. Your answer is there.

Obama?s Speech on Race - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

I read the comments and it appears he has an obsession of race and it follows that his actions in office follows that same idea. Rather than just letting us move on as all of us being equals, he cannot find it in him not to bring up the past of indecencies which will haunt the wounds of our ancestors.

It's time to live in the present and evaluate each individual on their character and what they can bring to the table as decent human beings not on the color of their skin.

Yeah. That is what he said.

Wow...the President is introducing a movie and the RW want to make it into a reason to accuse the President of "race baiting". Gee, I wonder why Republican approval is at an all time low...

get a grip. the main thing is when DOES this man WORK?
he is here and there, introducing movies, giving ugly speeches every week, playing golf all THE TIME..while the rest of us are out here struggling to pay for gas, food and take care of our families.

I guess being king has it's perks

He lives in public housing. Do people who live in public housing have to work? :confused: I didn't think so, but maybe..............

Wow...the President is introducing a movie and the RW want to make it into a reason to accuse the President of "race baiting". Gee, I wonder why Republican approval is at an all time low...

Just how many movies has this president endorsed? Why this one?

Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that it is an iconic American movie that just turned 50? Nah...I'm sure it's just the President wanting to be a "race baiter". :rolleyes:

I read the comments and it appears he has an obsession of race and it follows that his actions in office follows that same idea. Rather than just letting us move on as all of us being equals, he cannot find it in him not to bring up the past of indecencies which will haunt the wounds of our ancestors.

It's time to live in the present and evaluate each individual on their character and what they can bring to the table as decent human beings not on the color of their skin.
Considering WHY Obama had to make that speech, your post almost reads like it's satire.

I'm not getting the "outrage".

Why is it bad that the President will be introducing the movie?
It's merely the most-current thing for the White-Wingers to whine-about. I guess it's also possible they're much-too-"modest" about their "roots".

You don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?
I know WHITE-TRASH desperately grabbing for whatever opportunity (they can manage), to complain about SOMETHING....ever since Obama jumped-in-line, ahead-of-them, in His run for The Presidency.

Teabaggers need to get-OVER the idea that all White-Trash needed to "pass" (on running for The Presidency), before Obama was allowed His turn.​

Last edited:
Not quite sure how that relates to what appears to be Sunshine's take on To Kill a Mockingbird's famous closing argument by Peck: "Classic. Blame the victim."

That theya is absolutely Wow worthy

"Nigrah" is what refined whites called blacks in public in those days. They still got half the word in! LOL. Do peole have to explain everything to you? Obviously so!
Peck (Harper Lee) referred to Negroes, because that was the terminology back then. Duh.

That wasn't what made me go Wow.

Your response to Peck's closing arguments was:
"Classic. Blame the victim."

Is that what you took away from the movie, that scene where Peck defends the "negro" who was accused of raping a white woman?

That was your reaction?

I was there 'back then.' I heard in public and private. So don't tell me what the goddamned terminology was.

Last edited:

he is here and there, introducing movies, giving ugly speeches every week, playing golf all THE TIME..while the rest of us are out here struggling to pay for gas, food and take care of our families.

Oh, right...that's what this thread is REALLY about...the President's "do nothingness". It's 'cause he's lazy and uppity I'm sure.

You didn't answer me "Sunshine."

Is that what you took away from the movie, that scene where Peck defends the "negro" who was accused of raping a white woman?

Yeah. That is what he said.

Perhaps...I read the first 15 minutes of Kenya and slavery.

Just how many movies has this president endorsed? Why this one?

Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that it is an iconic American movie that just turned 50? Nah...I'm sure it's just the President wanting to be a "race baiter". :rolleyes:

Nope. You act like it's the only iconic American movie in existence.

I hate to tell you, but this was not a real courtroom. It was a PLAY. You clearly can't see that women were the new nigrahs! And they stayed that way for another 35 years until they found their voice! Still, to some extent we still are 'nigrahs.' Of course, you, who has never tried to pursue the education a man, even a black man, is deemed entitled to would not know that.

Last edited:

Oh, right...that's what this thread is REALLY about...the President's "do nothingness". It's 'cause he's lazy and uppity I'm sure.

Hey, he acts "uppity" so nobody's fault but his own..the people are seeing him for what he is..A do nothing but be, PRESENT... reading from a script handed to him while his puppet masters do all his work

Wow. Just wow.
Just consider the source ... her inane comment doesn't surprise me in the least.
As I'm learning.

The problem with his supporters is they don't think he could possibly be the kind of person we keep attempting to remind them he is.

I think if their eyes were finally opened they would feel extremely foolish for being duped......and then slip into denial.....much the way most folks in Hollywood have. However, there are some that openly admit he isn't the great healer they had hoped for.

I hate to tell you, but this was not a real courtroom. It was a PLAY. You clearly can't see that women were the new nigrahs! And they stayed that way for another 35 years until they found their voice!
Well that made a lot of sense.

:cuckoo:

I hate to tell you, but this was not a real courtroom. It was a PLAY. You clearly can't see that women were the new nigrahs! And they stayed that way for another 35 years until they found their voice!

You might try quoting the whole post. Of course you don't get it. You are too stupid and green.

"Nigrah" is what refined whites called blacks in public in those days. They still got half the word in! LOL. Do peole have to explain everything to you? Obviously so!
Peck (Harper Lee) referred to Negroes, because that was the terminology back then. Duh.

That wasn't what made me go Wow.

That was your reaction?

I was there 'back then.' I heard in public and private. Don't tell me what the goddamned terminology was.
Yeah.............wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in the '70s.

I saw that period, as well, in South Carolina!!!!

You don't have to "go back", THAT far, to have experienced such BIGOTRY in The South!!!!

It never automatically-ended in the early-'60s!!!!!!

You might try quoting the whole post. Of course you don't get it. You are too stupid and green.
I DID quote the whole post. Idiot.

You edited it after I posted. People can see what you did, you know.

Forum List

Back