To Kill a Mockingbird becomes an Obama Re election commercial

I'm not getting the "outrage".

Why is it bad that the President will be introducing the movie?

You're not serious......are you?

This is a subject Obama shouldn't touch with a ten meter cattle prod.

But he's going out of his way to do this knowing there is a race war going on.

Obama is the most divisive president of my entire lifetime. He should be trying to unite the country. Instead he just continues to open wounds which should have healed long ago. It will get worse. This is his last term. He has only a short time now to incite as much racial hatred as he can. And he will do it too!

This is SO inappropriate for a president to be doing. If he wanted to introduce classical literature turned vid, there is plenty of good stuff out there. But he chooses the one most likely to damage the country.

excellent book...excellent movie....

i just love seeing robert duvall.....he doesnt even get credit for his performance

First movie I ever saw him in was The Great Santini

One of the best movie lines ever....

You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. But the smell! You know - that gasoline smell... the whole hill! Smelled like... victory.

Some day this war is going to end...

I love Duvall.

I didn't know all of that was in "To Kill A Mockingbird".

Obama is the most divisive president of my entire lifetime. He should be trying to unite the country. Instead he just continues to open wounds which should have healed long ago. It will get worse. This is his last term. He has only a short time now to incite as much racial hatred as he can. And he will do it too!

This is SO inappropriate for a president to be doing. If he wanted to introduce classical literature turned vid, there is plenty of good stuff out there. But he chooses the one most likely to damage the country.

What can you expect from a professional race-baiter.

I hope he is forced to go back to doing it full-time.

What can you expect from a professional race-baiter.

I hope he is forced to go back to doing it full-time.

Yeah, I'd like to see him practice law again after his little turf war with the SCOTUS!

are you people fucking idiots....its the 50th anniversary of the book.....get a fucking life people

if this is all you can bitch about then life is good....

classic literature lol.....it was written in the 20th century.....do you know the depth of classic literature?

are you people fucking idiots....its the 50th anniversary of the book.....get a fucking life people

classic literature lol.....it was written in the 20th century.....do you know the depth of classic literature?

LOL. Ahh, the great scholar of classic literature who barely finished 8th grade has weighed in! LMAO. :lmao:

Last edited:

Sorry, this is not....I repeat....not a very smart thing he's doing. The timing of this is for shit. I'm sure if they could find some other book or film that focused on racism they would feature that.

Osama hasn't said a word about all of the violence and all of the real turmoil he has caused over Trayvan Martin.......and this simply shows he doesn't care. As a matter of fact it shows he wants to encourage it.

The racial angle in the film to me was only a small part of it......but Obama wants to focus on it like Al Sharpton.

Al Sharpton uses thuggery to get what he wants. Obama likes to use imagery. That is what this is about.....not that it's the 50th anniversary. It's about causing divisions, re-opening old wounds and rubbing salt in it. He wants us to be reminded of what things were like during the Depression.

Personally I'm tired of hearing friends and relatives down in Florida bitching about Trayvan.

Last edited:

Sorry, this is not....I repeat....not a very smart thing he's doing. The timing of this is for shit. I'm sure if they could find some other book or film that focused on racism they would feature that.

Osama hasn't said a word about all of the violence and all of the real turmoil he has caused over Trayvan Martin.......and this simply shows he doesn't care. As a matter of fact it shows he wants to encourage it.

The racial angle in the film to me was only a small part of it......but Obama wants to focus on it like Al Sharpton.

Al Sharpton uses thuggery to get what he wants. Obama likes to use imagery. That is what this is about.....not that it's the 50th anniversary. It's about causing divisions, re-opening old wounds and rubbing salt in it.

Personally I'm tired of hearing friends and relatives down in Florida bitching about Trayvan.

You are SO right. He is pulling out ALL the stops and if he gets reelected, God forbid, this country will be in turnoil like it has not seen in the last two centuries!

First movie I ever saw him in was The Great Santini

You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. But the smell! You know - that gasoline smell... the whole hill! Smelled like... victory.

I love Duvall.

Hells bells. Of course it wasn't. We just had a Robert Duvall moment. A quick aside to another movie.

After all, he was Boo. So I get some "creds" for keeping it going.:eusa_angel:

I love Duvall.

Hells bells. Of course it wasn't. We just had a Robert Duvall moment. A quick aside to another movie.

After all, he was Boo. So I get some "creds" for keeping it going.:eusa_angel:

I was just kidding.

When I was in Group I heard famous lines from war movies all of the time.

My favorite was "Why don't you put her in charge!!!!!!"

obama is desperate for the mantle of slavery, even though of all people he doesn't deserve it.

Forum List

Back