To Kill a Mockingbird becomes an Obama Re election commercial

Just how many movies has this president endorsed? Why this one?

Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that it is an iconic American movie that just turned 50? Nah...I'm sure it's just the President wanting to be a "race baiter". :rolleyes:

Nope. You act like it's the only iconic American movie in existence.

Not at all...but how many of them are turning 50 and appearing on national TV to celebrate the fact that they are turning 50?

If you don't think there is significance in having the first African American President introduce the film, then you're nuts...but it is hardly "race baiting".

Would you feel better if they had the Romneybot introduce the Manchurian Candidate? Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin could introduce "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane". :lol:

Wow...the President is introducing a movie and the RW want to make it into a reason to accuse the President of "race baiting". Gee, I wonder why Republican approval is at an all time low...

Just how many movies has this president endorsed? Why this one?

Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that it is an iconic American movie that just turned 50? Nah...I'm sure it's just the President wanting to be a "race baiter". :rolleyes:

What about the hundreds of other movies that turned 50 during his term?

Not at all...but how many of them are turning 50 and appearing on national TV to celebrate the fact that they are turning 50?

If you don't think there is significance in having the first African American President introduce the film, then you're nuts...but it is hardly "race baiting".

Would you feel better if they had the Romneybot introduce the Manchurian Candidate? Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin could introduce "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane". :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

President Obama to introduce 'To Kill a Mockingbird' on TV - latimes.com

racial prejudice will never fully go away, all races are to blame, not just the white
But I am so sick of these race baiting the main stream media and our president are lock step in

A great Movie becomes a damn commercial for the re-elect Obama caimpaign

Could you see GWB given the same chance?
Where does this crap stop?
racial prejudce in the work force is over. If some stupip SOB does not like you because of your race
IGNORE the POS and move on
At work, you dont have to tolerate it

We have millions of people needing work,
Yet we have 3 major news orginizations lying about an event that took place in Florida in which is so out of control and so far from the norm of what really occured, it is sick

When is enough enough people?

I am going to enjoy this movie as I did 40 years ago, in the deep south having no idea I was suppose to hate any-one

Well libs, you have found a new low here, or should say the main stream media has

If you think any-one has to tolerate racial in-justice, your dead wrong
Again, those few who hate, IGNORE The POS and move on

And if you think getting BHO re-elected like this? its back-firing I promise you. In the work place we have laws to protect every-one but the white man, what else is it we need to do?

Well, there you have it, another failed attempt to race bait the election on the back of one of the greatest movies of all time

Stop the whining, it makes you appear intolerant and dare I say racist.

If you can show precedence I will accept it.

I think a real President has enough on his plate already. This is simply an example of a guy that's campaigning rather than doing his fucken J.O.B.

My pet goat the movie, He starts with 7 minutes of silence and then calls Cheney.

That's "winning" in the mind of the conservative.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg]Songify This - Winning - a Song by Charlie Sheen - YouTube[/ame]

Funny thing is Charlie Sheen is a liberal. Nice.... Yeah Bush doesnt know literature, he's not as smart as AlGore.
Lil' Dumbya Bush is an.....

....intellectual-dinosaur.
(....No doubt a result o' alcohol-abuse.)

"Born at the earliest fringe of the baby boom, Mr. Bush was pressed during his years at Yale, 1964 to 1968, to take sides in the great battles then unfolding over politics, civil rights, drugs and music. Mostly he was a noncombatant in those upheavals, but when forced to choose, he ultimately retreated to the values and ideals established by his parents' generation, and to their accepted methods of rebelling.

In short, while some students took to the barricades, Mr. Bush took to the bar."​

No.....white people are.
Not quite sure how that relates to what appears to be Sunshine's take on To Kill a Mockingbird's famous closing argument by Peck: "Classic. Blame the victim."

That theya is absolutely Wow worthy

She was not acting the victim so much as disliking being slimed by the President.

Imagine what blacks would think of whites seeing a movie that shows them acting all racist using long dead racial slurs.
Hoover's F.B.I. (pretty-much) took care o' that.....

No.....white people are.
Not quite sure how that relates to what appears to be Sunshine's take on To Kill a Mockingbird's famous closing argument by Peck: "Classic. Blame the victim."

"Nigrah" is what refined whites called blacks in public in those days. They still got half the word in! LOL.
Yeah.....that's pretty-fuckin'-funny.....in a WHITE-TRASH kind-o'-way!!!!

"Nigrah" is what refined whites called blacks in public in those days. They still got half the word in! LOL. Do peole have to explain everything to you? Obviously so!
Peck (Harper Lee) referred to Negroes, because that was the terminology back then. Duh.

That wasn't what made me go Wow.

Your response to Peck's closing arguments was:
"Classic. Blame the victim."

Is that what you took away from the movie, that scene where Peck defends the "negro" who was accused of raping a white woman?

That was your reaction?

You're right, of course, but you're arguing with an imbecile incapable of rational, intelligent thought. Possessing the mental acumen of an amoeba, she's sorely lacking in the ability to comprehend the world around her, much less this speech. Pathetic, moronic comments such as this are to be expected from her --- it's a predictable, involuntary response. She just can't help herself.

The book was written in 1960, during the height of the Civil Rights movement. It's a powerful novel based loosely on actual experiences that occurred in the 1930s.

A smart conservative should latch on to the fact that even then, in the deep South someone white was willing to step and do the right thing. They should emphasize that while things are not perfect thanks to the work of MLK, Jr. we have come so far from those days. We mustn't forget our past, we mustn't forget that in the early days of this great Republic, people were persecuted and treated badly based on the color of their skin.

A smart conservative should point out how far we've come and what's left to do. Obama wants everyone to think we have reverted to the 1930s, the divider-in-chief is truly a race baiter and he himself has no blood line related to any of those early days of these United States of America...............he wants to make his black base believe white folks are still after them.

Piss poor example of a leader, great example of a great divider.

Last edited:
1962? Isn't that when LBJ and Al Gore Sr were holding up Ike's Civil Rights Bill in the Senate which LBJ then passed as how own in 1964?

President Obama to introduce 'To Kill a Mockingbird' on TV - latimes.com

racial prejudice will never fully go away, all races are to blame, not just the white
But I am so sick of these race baiting the main stream media and our president are lock step in

A great Movie becomes a damn commercial for the re-elect Obama caimpaign

Could you see GWB given the same chance?
Where does this crap stop?
racial prejudce in the work force is over. If some stupip SOB does not like you because of your race
IGNORE the POS and move on
At work, you dont have to tolerate it

We have millions of people needing work,
Yet we have 3 major news orginizations lying about an event that took place in Florida in which is so out of control and so far from the norm of what really occured, it is sick

When is enough enough people?

I am going to enjoy this movie as I did 40 years ago, in the deep south having no idea I was suppose to hate any-one

Well libs, you have found a new low here, or should say the main stream media has

If you think any-one has to tolerate racial in-justice, your dead wrong
Again, those few who hate, IGNORE The POS and move on

And if you think getting BHO re-elected like this? its back-firing I promise you. In the work place we have laws to protect every-one but the white man, what else is it we need to do?

Well, there you have it, another failed attempt to race bait the election on the back of one of the greatest movies of all time

Stop the whining, it makes you appear intolerant and dare I say racist.

Does this sound racist to you?

“Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a ******.” -- Dem Civil Rights "Hero" LBJ on Thurgood Marshall

Wow...the President is introducing a movie and the RW want to make it into a reason to accuse the President of "race baiting". Gee, I wonder why Republican approval is at an all time low...
Amazing, isn't it?

eusa_doh.gif

(....Especially when you consider they've only been doing so, for the last 7-1/2 years!)

Last edited:
The book was written in 1960, during the height of the Civil Rights movement. It's a powerful novel based loosely on actual experiences that occurred in the 1930s.

A smart conservative should latch on to the fact that even then, in the deep South someone white was willing to step and do the right thing. They should emphasize that while things are not perfect thanks to the work of MLK, Jr. we have come so far from those days. We mustn't forget our past, we mustn't forget that in the early days of this great Republic, people were persecuted and treated badly based on the color of their skin.

A smart conservative should point out how far we've come and what's left to do. Obama wants everyone to think we have reverted to the 1930s, the divider-in-chief is truly a race baiter and he himself has no blood line related to any of those early days of these United States of America...............he wants to make his black base believe white folks are still after them.

Obama?s Speech on Race - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

A smart conservative should latch on to the fact that even then, in the deep South someone white was willing to step and do the right thing. They should emphasize that while things are not perfect thanks to the work of MLK, Jr. we have come so far from those days. We mustn't forget our past, we mustn't forget the in the early days of this great Republic, people were persecuted and treated badly based on the color of their skin.

I was discussing the ramifications of Obama's divisive acts with somebody close.....and it seems that all of the fears of all of those racist Crackers has come to fruition.

They used to say if a Black is ever elected POTUS blacks would try to get even with whites. I was hoping that would never happen, but it looks like blacks are taking advantage of this......even if it appears Obama is not directly responsible for most of it. Then again, he may be in on it.

Forum List

Back