To hell with it, I quit

Between Obama's lack of candidness on his connection with Ayers and Palin clearing herself of wrongdoing before a legislative panel says she abused her power, I have decided to simply waste my vote and go live in a fucking cabin. At this point it does not matter whether we get the messiah or the maverick, we are getting screwed.

I plan to vote for this guy, at least he makes me laugh:

colbert_for_president.gif

I find it interesting you guys couldnt see right thru Palin, she has bullshit artist written all over her face, what will hurt her most is she always talks about reforming "the good ole boys network" and what we have found is she is a "good ole boy" because this is exactly how they carry out business by bullying other people and abusing their power. She is the one who is the hack.

I find it interesting you guys couldnt see right thru Palin, she has bullshit artist written all over her face, what will hurt her most is she always talks about reforming "the good ole boys network" and what we have found is she is a "good ole boy" because this is exactly how they carry out business by bullying other people and abusing their power. She is the one who is the hack.

If you wanna see some reall bullying you outta check out how ACORN deals with communities with threats and intimdation.

For Immediate Release: October 7, 2008
ACORN Statement from Bertha Lewis, Interim Chief Organizer, on Incident in Las Vegas:

"Over the past year, ACORN has worked hard to help over 80,000 people in Clark County register to vote. As part of our nonpartisan voter registration program, we have review all the applications submitted by our canvassers. When we have identified suspicious applications, we have separated them out and flagged them for election officials. We have zero tolerance for fraudulent registrations. We immediately dismiss employees we suspect of submitting fraudulent registrations.

For the past 10 months, any time ACORN has identified a potentially fraudulent application, we turn that application into election officials separately and offer to provide election officials with the information they would need to pursue an investigation or prosecution of the individual.

Election officials routinely ignored this information and failed to act. In early July, ACORN asked to meet with election officials to express our concerns that they were not acting on information ACORN had presented to them. ACORN met with Clark County elections officials and a representative of the Secretary of State on July 17th. ACORN pleaded with them to take our concerns about fraudulent applications seriously. One week later, elections officials asked us to provide them with a second copy of what we had previously provided to them. ACORN responded by giving election officials copies of 46 "problem application packages," which involved 33 former canvassers.

On September 23, ACORN had received a subpoena dated September 19th requesting information on 15 employees, all of whom had been included in the packages we had previously submitted to election officials. ACORN provided our personnel records on these 15 employees on September 29.

Today's raid by the Secretary of State's Office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than discredit our work registering Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting every eligible voter to the polls."

And in regard to Indiana, from an ACORN spokesperson earlier today...

The Republican Party is trying to use this attack to stop early voting from happening and disenfranchise tens of thousands of Lake County residents.
ACORN has submitted 1.3 million applications nationally and over 23,000 in Indiana.

ACORN engages in comprehensive quality control procedures, every card is called through three times.

ACORN flags and turns in three kinds of cards, those that it can verify, those that are incomplete, and those that it flags as problematic. It turns those in labeled in a special way and are very conservative in terms of what it flags as problematic. It has stacks of problematic cover sheets.

The Lake County Board of Elections refused to acknowledge the categories of cards when ACORN turned them in, or sign its paperwork. The Lake County Board knew about the questionable registrations today because ACORN flagged them for the board. For example, the Jimmy John's card is one that a caller had flagged and labeled as problematic. ACORN can get that caller to talk to the press.

ACORN did Voter Registration from in July and some parts of August. As it was doing quality control ACORN noticed a large number of problematic cards and because of this it eased doing registration until late September when it could clear its quality control backlog.

ACORN's recent cards from September and early October are not problematic at the same levels.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------==

AMAZING what truth you can find in the details....if you're looking.

care

For Immediate Release: October 7, 2008
ACORN Statement from Bertha Lewis, Interim Chief Organizer, on Incident in Las Vegas:

"Over the past year, ACORN has worked hard to help over 80,000 people in Clark County register to vote. As part of our nonpartisan voter registration program, we have review all the applications submitted by our canvassers. When we have identified suspicious applications, we have separated them out and flagged them for election officials. We have zero tolerance for fraudulent registrations. We immediately dismiss employees we suspect of submitting fraudulent registrations.

For the past 10 months, any time ACORN has identified a potentially fraudulent application, we turn that application into election officials separately and offer to provide election officials with the information they would need to pursue an investigation or prosecution of the individual.

Election officials routinely ignored this information and failed to act. In early July, ACORN asked to meet with election officials to express our concerns that they were not acting on information ACORN had presented to them. ACORN met with Clark County elections officials and a representative of the Secretary of State on July 17th. ACORN pleaded with them to take our concerns about fraudulent applications seriously. One week later, elections officials asked us to provide them with a second copy of what we had previously provided to them. ACORN responded by giving election officials copies of 46 "problem application packages," which involved 33 former canvassers.

On September 23, ACORN had received a subpoena dated September 19th requesting information on 15 employees, all of whom had been included in the packages we had previously submitted to election officials. ACORN provided our personnel records on these 15 employees on September 29.

Today's raid by the Secretary of State's Office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than discredit our work registering Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting every eligible voter to the polls."

And in regard to Indiana, from an ACORN spokesperson earlier today...

The Republican Party is trying to use this attack to stop early voting from happening and disenfranchise tens of thousands of Lake County residents.
ACORN has submitted 1.3 million applications nationally and over 23,000 in Indiana.

ACORN engages in comprehensive quality control procedures, every card is called through three times.

ACORN flags and turns in three kinds of cards, those that it can verify, those that are incomplete, and those that it flags as problematic. It turns those in labeled in a special way and are very conservative in terms of what it flags as problematic. It has stacks of problematic cover sheets.

The Lake County Board of Elections refused to acknowledge the categories of cards when ACORN turned them in, or sign its paperwork. The Lake County Board knew about the questionable registrations today because ACORN flagged them for the board. For example, the Jimmy John's card is one that a caller had flagged and labeled as problematic. ACORN can get that caller to talk to the press.

ACORN did Voter Registration from in July and some parts of August. As it was doing quality control ACORN noticed a large number of problematic cards and because of this it eased doing registration until late September when it could clear its quality control backlog.

ACORN's recent cards from September and early October are not problematic at the same levels.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------==

AMAZING what truth you can find in the details....if you're looking.

care

right--like Acorn edorsed Obama.

If you wanna see some reall bullying you outta check out how ACORN deals with communities with threats and intimdation.

Acorn isnt running for VP and if they are found to be guilty of something then they should be brought to justice. The fundamental goals of Acorn are good, if they have bad seeds in the organization then those individuals need to be relieved of their duty. I dont see where promoting voting and having lobbyists for poor people is a bad thing. This is just like Fannie, the basic business model was good but you had some bad people at the top that screwed things up.

Acorn isnt running for VP and if they are found to be guilty of something then they should be brought to justice. The fundamental goals of Acorn are good, if they have bad seeds in the organization then those individuals need to be relieved of their duty. I dont see where promoting voting and having lobbyists for poor people is a bad thing. This is just like Fannie, the basic business model was good but you had some bad people at the top that screwed things up.

No--they just claim to be bipartisan and endorse Obama, target probable democratic voters and play the race card to try to intimidate communities. Great bunch of upstanding and fair minded people. :rolleyes:

No--they just claim to be bipartisan and endorse Obama, target probable democratic voters and play the race card to try to intimidate communities. Great bunch of upstanding and fair minded people. :rolleyes:

"They target probable democratic voters" Well, they target the poor and I would guess most poor minorities vote dem. I dont see a problem with this, why dont the republicans have an agency like this, it gets more voters in the pool. If they are committing fraud then thats a big problem but there hasnt been any concrete evidence yet, if there is then they need to be dealt with.

right--like Acorn edorsed Obama.

so?

in the primaries a sister group of acorn was paid by his campaign to register voters....

i don't see a problem with registering people to vote...

i do see a problem with voter registration fraud....

but so does ACORN....after all, THEY are the ones POINTING IT OUT to the Election officials and flagging the ones they believe are fraudulent before they even hand them over to the Officials... law requires them to turn them all in, so what else can they do, other than flag them?

getting back to Palin, she is on live now talking about Obama voting to raise taxes 94 times, this has been proven to be BS on every fact check website, how can we believe anything she says when she lies, lies, lies all the time.

getting back to Palin, she is on live now talking about Obama voting to raise taxes 94 times, this has been proven to be BS on every fact check website, how can we believe anything she says when she lies, lies, lies all the time.

I think you should vote against her if you feel that way.

Leave it to a 200+ year old guy to remind us how lucky we are to have our freedoms in America. :cool:

(oh, and I was talking about Ben Franklin, not you editec! ;) )

I'd have written that first but Ben has the temporal advantage.

Imagine my disappointment, back when I was but a slip of a lad in Pennsylvania, having just invented the lightening rod, only to discover that Franklin beat me to that punch, too.

Apparently I AM one of the greatest minds of the century, but the century I'm one a greatest minds of is the 18th!

Like Nevada, we need a 'none of the above' box on the ballot. If 'none of the above' wins the election, then we deserve a new election with new candidates.

Problem is, we'll have to wait and have Bush in charge in the meantime.

And nobody wants that. :eusa_whistle:

This is asinne statement. Obama's action while with Acorn matter just as much Palin firing an employee that served at her pleasure.

This is asinne statement. Obama's action while with Acorn matter just as much Palin firing an employee that served at her pleasure.

ok smart guy, tell me where Obama abused his power while dealing with acorn. Dont give me bullshit assumptions but clear and precise evidence he was directly involved with fraud or any other wrong doings.

ok smart guy, tell me where Obama abused his power while dealing with acorn. Dont give me bullshit assumptions but clear and precise evidence he was directly involved with fraud or any other wrong doings.

When the investigation is complete, we will know.

Forum List

Back