To hell with it, I quit

I would like to be the first to welcome Crimson to the "Vote for the Other Guy" club in which I have been a proud member of, for going on a at least two weeks. I am supporting a young candidate who's number one agenda is lower gas prices for her car so she can put even more miles on it. Thats my 19 year old daughter who I believe has all the qualifications to be president over these two complete idiots who care not one bit about this country or the people in it.

Another child comment eh? Is that what you resort to in desperation?

Is it completely the fault of the Republicans? No

But to say none of it isn't is pure ignorance.

If anyone here is a partisan hack, it'd be you Dillo.

Really ?---substantiate that for me since I'm not voting for any of these idiots.

Really ?---substantiate that for me since I'm not voting for any of these idiots.

Well you certainly seem to keep your hate limited to Obama.

Also, it's quite easy to sit there and not vote, but don't expect to complain about the results if you don't bother even voting.

Also, it's quite easy to sit there and not vote, but don't expect to complain about the results if you don't bother even voting.

why not? whether he votes or not has no bearing on the winner.

If you didn't have you head up his ass you would notice that no one here particuarly likes him. How can you like someone who was nearly Kerry's running mate ?
And he's another tip for ya, youngster. You don't lose your freedom of speech if you don't vote for the idiots that the dems and reps nominate every four years.

If you didn't have you head up his ass you would notice that no one here particuarly likes him. How can you like someone who was nearly Kerry's running mate ?
And he's another tip for ya, youngster. You don't lose your freedom of speech if you don't vote for the idiots that the dems and reps nominate every four years.

I assume you mean McCain who was almost picked as Kerry's running mate. That's your party problem, not mine. Hell, you guys almost had Joe Lieberman as your VP this year.

I do realize you don't lose your freedom of speech if you don't vote but too many damn troops have died for you to not use your right to vote. They also died for you to have the right for you to not vote if you choose but they would of rather you voted.

And you ever hear the saying "If you don't participate, you can't complain."

That's what I'm saying here. Hell, vote for a 3rd party candidate if you must but remember how many people around the world who don't even have the right to vote.

You are not seeing what a right you have and toss it aside like it is nothing.

Yeah, if he doesn't vote in any more elections, he won't lose his freedom of speech.

Yeah, if he doesn't vote in any more elections, he won't lose his freedom of speech.

Ole Robert is 17 years old, and hasn't had the privilege to vote yet. Yet here he is, on a political message board, defending his beliefs. You may agree or disagree with him, but you should give him props for sticking to his ideals instead of playing dungeon and dragons or HALO like a lot of teen boys are doing at 11 o'clock on a Friday night. (I'm guessing that's what they do....:confused:)

And you ever hear the saying "If you don't participate, you can't complain."

I'm over twice as old as you--of course I've heard that old clichéd expression, punk. Pay attention to who you're speaking to. I can complain all I like. You need a course on reality--they brainwashed you well.
The troops ? You not even worthy to speak about them.

I'm over twice as old as you--of course I've heard that old clichéd expression, punk. Pay attention to who you're speaking to. I can complain all I like. You need a course on reality--they brainwashed you well.
The troops ? You not even worthy to speak about them.

I think you're more than twice as old as him.

And who are you to tell him what he can and can't say.

He will be old enough to be drafted (if it ever comes to that) in a few months, so he can say whatever he wants. He was saying our troops fight for our FREEDOMS, and you're condemning him?

You need to grow up.

Ole Robert is 17 years old, and hasn't had the privilege to vote yet. Yet here he is, on a political message board, defending his beliefs. You may agree or disagree with him, but you should give him props for sticking to his ideals instead of playing dungeon and dragons or HALO like a lot of teen boys are doing at 11 o'clock on a Friday night. (I'm guessing that's what they do....:confused:)

Thank you Echo, that's all I'm doing is defending my beliefs.

Too many damn soldiers have served our country and died for us to just toss away our right to vote.

Too many damn places in the world don't have any rights at all for us to just toss away our right to vote.

Too many damn people have spent their lives trying to gain the rights of others, even dying for their cause for us to just toss away our right to vote.

Don't want to vote? Go live in North Korea or Cuba. Your vote "won't matter" there either.

One vote matters because if millions of people don't vote because they feel it "won't matter" then it is millions of votes lost.

1645: 1 VOTE gave control of England to Oliver Cromwell

1649: 1 VOTE approved the beheading of Kings Charles I

1800: 1 VOTE made Thomas Jefferson president instead of Aaron Burr

1845: 1 VOTE brought Texas into the United States

1850: 1 VOTE admitted California and Oregon into the United States

1868: 1 VOTE saved President Andrew Johnson from Impeachment

1875: 1 VOTE ended the monarchy in France for a voting democracy

1876: 1 VOTE made Rutherford B. Hayes a United States President

1876: 1 VOTE elected the Indiana Electoral College member who voted for Hayes

1923: 1 VOTE placed Adolph Hitler as the leader of the Nazi Party

1941: 1 VOTE kept the military draft operational just weeks before Pearl Harbor

1992: 1 VOTE selected a member of the Town Council of Trinity, Alabama

1992: 1 VOTE decided the final member of the Selma, Alabama city council

Consider further how decisions that change history are determined by just a few votes:

1788: 3 VOTES ratified the U.S. Constitution in New York

1790: 2 VOTES ratified the U.S. Constitution in Rhode Island, making it approved in all 13 states

1960: 1 VOTE changed in each precinct would have defeated John Kennedy

1976: 1 VOTE changed in each Ohio precinct would have elected Gerald Ford and not Jimmy Carter.

CCH - Does One Vote Really Matter?

No matter you be Democrat, Republican, third party; your vote counts.

Last edited:

I give him kudos. It's good experience for him. Better than doing meth anyway. I was responding to another poster.

Thank you Echo, that's all I'm doing is defending my beliefs.

Too many damn soldiers have served our country and died for us to just toss away our right to vote.

Too many damn places in the world don't have any rights at all for us to just toss away our right to vote.

Too many damn people have spent their lives trying to gain the rights of others, even dying for their cause for us to just toss away our right to vote.

Don't want to vote? Go live in North Korea or Cuba. Your vote "won't matter" there either.

One vote matters because if millions of people don't vote because they feel it "won't matter" then it is millions of votes lost.

1645: 1 VOTE gave control of England to Oliver Cromwell

1649: 1 VOTE approved the beheading of Kings Charles I

1800: 1 VOTE made Thomas Jefferson president instead of Aaron Burr

1845: 1 VOTE brought Texas into the United States

1850: 1 VOTE admitted California and Oregon into the United States

1868: 1 VOTE saved President Andrew Johnson from Impeachment

1875: 1 VOTE ended the monarchy in France for a voting democracy

1876: 1 VOTE made Rutherford B. Hayes a United States President

1876: 1 VOTE elected the Indiana Electoral College member who voted for Hayes

1923: 1 VOTE placed Adolph Hitler as the leader of the Nazi Party

1941: 1 VOTE kept the military draft operational just weeks before Pearl Harbor

1992: 1 VOTE selected a member of the Town Council of Trinity, Alabama

1992: 1 VOTE decided the final member of the Selma, Alabama city council

Consider further how decisions that change history are determined by just a few votes:

1788: 3 VOTES ratified the U.S. Constitution in New York

1790: 2 VOTES ratified the U.S. Constitution in Rhode Island, making it approved in all 13 states

1960: 1 VOTE changed in each precinct would have defeated John Kennedy

1976: 1 VOTE changed in each Ohio precinct would have elected Gerald Ford and not Jimmy Carter.

CCH - Does One Vote Really Matter?

No matter you be Democrat, Republican, third party; your vote counts.

One vote doesn't make a difference in the general presidential election. I always vote because I lie to myself and say I am making a difference. Especially with the electoral college. A democrat's vote in Utah wont count. A republican's in Vermont won't count.

One vote doesn't make a difference in the general presidential election. I always vote because I lie to myself and say I am making a difference. Especially with the electoral college. A democrat's vote in Utah wont count. A republican's in Vermont won't count.

Ah, but what if everyone in America thought the way you did, that their vote didn't count?

I vote in everything, and even take my daughter with me so she can see the process of the importance of voting. I take great pride in being able to vote, and will never take it for granted.

Ah, but what if everyone in America thought the way you did, that their vote didn't count?

I vote in everything, and even take my daughter with me so she can see the process of the importance of voting. I take great pride in being able to vote, and will never take it for granted.

Basically I agree with what Echo said there. Except I don't have any kids. :lol:

But everyone in America doesn't think the way I do, so that's irrelevent.

But everyone in America doesn't think the way I do, so that's irrelevent.

Untrue, why do you think it took the youth vote all these years to get out and vote? Someone like Obama to lift up America and say you change this nation, your vote matters, and your voice needs to be heard.

I'll quote him directly, "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

Untrue, why do you think it took the youth vote all these years to get out and vote? Someone like Obama to lift up America and say you change this nation, your vote matters, and your voice needs to be heard.

I'll quote him directly, "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

So....once again...whichever way I vote will not change the outcome of this election. If I stay home, the outcome does not change.

I am voting, but it's just a formality.

change to what?

Forum List

Back