Tn House Speaker's Chief Of Staff Resigns After Attempted Framing Of Activist

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
https://www.theroot.com/tennessee-house-speakers-top-aide-resigns-after-accusat-1834564808

First off, let me say that this story is adorable. Basically, Tennessee House Speaker Glen Casada’s chief of staff, Cade Cothren, resigned amid allegations that he framed a black activist, as well sending racist texts, some of which were received by his boss. He resigned hours after admitting to using illegal drugs, including snorting cocaine, in his legislative offices. Geesh!

The snorting coke or sending sexually charged texts about staff members, even sending the racist texts doesn't bother me as much as what he tried to do to that young black activist. In that case, Justin Jones, a Vanderbilt University divinity student, was protesting the honoring of a confederate general (Nathan Forest, first grand wizard of the KKK) at the state house -- Jones was arrested for assault at that protest when he recklessly threw a cup at the elevator the house speaker was entering -- luckily no one was injured.

As a result, Jones was released on bail and one of the conditions of his bail was that he not contact the House speaker or risk having his bailed revoked and put in jail. From the article: Jones maintains that he’s obeyed the order, but Cothren sent a photo to Nashville District Attorney Glenn Funk showing Jones emailed Casada’s office one day after the order was handed down. The problem? Jones’ email records show the email was actually sent on February 25—before his arrest"

So basically this Cothren guy was trying to forge Jones' email to make it appear he violated his bond agreement specifically just to get him arrested -- you don't play with people's freedom like that -- and come to think, its always these dickless so-called conservatives whining about their freedoms being infringed all the time -- as usual, these are folks who couldn't give a fuck about ACTUALLY infringing on the freedoms of others. So I don't really care that he texted his boss calling a black NFL QB (Jamies Winston) a "thug nigg3r" or said "black people are idiots" in another text -- I also don't care that he bragged to his boss about “fucking [a woman] in the bathroom” at a restaurant, or asked an intern for oral sex and nude photos, and sought sex with a lobbyist -- big deal....but when you try to get people arrested just because they oppose you over your lust to worship racist confederate statues, you have no place serving as someone's chief of staff in any public office.

Why does your OP link state, "who actually and truly goes by the name Cade Cothren?" I googled the name but found only info about him. I was thinking that the name Cade Cothren is some historical figure of significance?

I remember when the right had integrity. I miss those days.

Forum List

Back