Tips on how to construct threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another good tip to add to Mad-Hack's collection of tips:

Proof-read your OP. If it makes not a lick of sense, and looks like something tderpm might have offered, do not hit "submit."

Here's some tips on how to make a good thread.

1 Spell all words in the title CORRECTLY. Nothing will wreck a thread quicker than a careless goof right out of the gate.

2 Make the title descriptive of the body of the OP -

"Obama gets owned by Putan in latest flop."

People do not want to waste time on a thread that doesn't tell you what's in it.

3 Chose interesting subject matter - a thread that is too broad in scope is not very good for discussion as no one knows where to even begin. It's YOUR JOB to set the direction of the thread.

The worst crime you can commit online is to be a boring hack.

4 A sentence or a link is NOT A THREAD!! Try to include your own thoughts on the matter and offer up something besides an opinion with nothing else to go along with it.

5 When the first couple people show up to tell you what a bad thread you made, ignore them - they will quickly wonder off and die.

6 Never try to moderate your own thread - you will get clobbered and your thread will get trashed - with a quickness.

7 Do not cut and past an entire article, just include the first few lines, a link, give credit to author and INCLUDE your OWN thoughts.

8 Use large fonts and CAPS sparingly!

9 Spellcheck is your friend.

This how to NOT make a thread -

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-liberal-dems-clueless-about-everything.html

Here is an example of a GOOD thread -

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/346464-the-death-rattle-of-a-nation.html

Please share YOUR ideas with the rest of the class ~

:smiliehug:

Sorry, couldn't get past the huge fucking mistake in the first fucking word of your post, asshole.

1 Spell all words in the title CORRECTLY. Nothing will wreck a thread quicker than a careless goof right out of the gate.

Who the heck is "Putan"?

Good one.

Now, LEAVE AND NEVER RETURN!

;)

WHU?

Hell nosies.

Next up, I will ask YOU to tell us what's wrong with the very first sentence of your OP:

"Here's some tips on how to make a good thread."

I left some hints, above. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Now you're getting picky....

I do not believe that I am the one who brought up rules of grammar.

Oh wait. Maybe I was.

Your right. :D

Tderpm also has no use for the rules of grammar.

Or logic.

People do not want to waste time on a thread that doesn't tell you what's in it.

3 Chose interesting subject matter - a thread that is too broad in scope is not very good for discussion as no one knows where to even begin. It's YOUR JOB to set the direction of the thread.

The worst crime you can commit online is to be a boring hack.

4 A sentence or a link is NOT A THREAD!! Try to include your own thoughts on the matter and offer up something besides an opinion with nothing else to go along with it.

5 When the first couple people show up to tell you what a bad thread you made, ignore them - they will quickly wonder off and die.

6 Never try to moderate your own thread - you will get clobbered and your thread will get trashed - with a quickness.

7 Do not cut and past an entire article, just include the first few lines, a link, give credit to author and INCLUDE your OWN thoughts.

8 Use large fonts and CAPS sparingly!

9 Spellcheck is your friend.

This how to NOT make a thread -

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-liberal-dems-clueless-about-everything.html

Here is an example of a GOOD thread -

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/346464-the-death-rattle-of-a-nation.html

Please share YOUR ideas with the rest of the class ~

:smiliehug:

Sorry, couldn't get past the huge fucking mistake in the first fucking word of your post, asshole.

:thup: Quoted before the edits! :lol:

failure.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back