Time to Pull the Plug on EV’s

What does "payback in lifetime emissions" mean?
Over a lifetime of a combustion engine (including manufacturing emissions) it puts out a certain amount.

Over a lifetime of an EV it also has an emissions output from manufacturing and power generation.

If I purchase an EV and power it with nuclear generated power, when is my break even point over a combustion engine?

Over a lifetime of a combustion engine (including manufacturing emissions) it puts out a certain amount.

Over a lifetime of an EV it also has an emissions output from manufacturing and power generation.

If I purchase an EV and power it with nuclear generated power, when is my break even point over a combustion engine?

That's a good question. I don't know.

Are you endorsing more nuclear power plants, to charge the increasing number of EVs?

New battery technology will come,
From where? How? When? At what cost? Who will develop it? Or are you just wistfully hoping? What new mineral-based energy storage technology do you foresee? And how will you solve the REAL issues of energy density/danger/explosiveness and weight?

but the RV market is not in experimental phase.
No one ever said that it was. Just powering it practically and more affordably via electricity.

Sales up 80% this year so far
Entirely meaningless. 180% of nothing is still nothing. EV sales are but a tiny fraction of the total market and without the affordability, practicality, reliability and an infrastructure which supports it to back it up, rather meaningless and deceptive.

HUGE difference between a tiny market of drivers plugging in their rechargeable electric cars and the entire country or world going 100% electric. Running an EV is like running 45 refrigerators in your house or 12 whole house ACs.

To me as a retired engineer, it seems to me that the way I would approach the EV car issue is to eliminate the charging altogether. When you pull in to fill your tank, you get refined fuel ready to go, you don't wait for bog rot to decompose again into crude oil, likewise, the way I'd do EVs is standardize their size and voltage and make them easy to swap out in seconds just like you swap out batteries in a remote.

You'd pull into the station, robot arms would come up under the car to release and take the discharged battery then insert a new one---- always new, always fully charged. About 5 minutes. When a battery no longer had full storage capacity, it would be sent into the factor and rebuilt.

Fast charging is dangerous and bad for the battery but slow charging takes hours.
And how long would it take to change ALL filling stations to battery stations? And how much would it COST?

What point are you trying to make with that graph?
Just showing you the historic data in response to your question in post #293.

CO2 isn't pollution. It's a vital component of the carbon cycle that all living things on the planet depend upon.

I don't understand the relevance of the report or why you brought it up.
In 1970's Mobil conducted research on the burning of fossils and it's impact on climate. They determined that result would be AGW.

Science is cool.

No one ever knew that CO2 absorbed infrared radiation before Exxon.

Wow!
Sure, whatever.

Science is political to you. I get that.

You're going to love the extreme weather right? Or you planning on dying first and leaving that fun to your offspring.

Sure, whatever.

You're going to love the extreme weather right? Or you planning on dying first and leaving that fun to your offspring.

I'm not trying to use it to control the economy. That's on you.

Have you stopped producing CO2 yet?

Forum List

Back