CDZ Time to declare war on terrorism.

Fair&Balanced

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2016
No need to limit it to just Islamic terrorism, even though even the liberals know that 99.9% of terrorism is in fact inspired by Islam.

Time to officially declare war and take the gloves off.

Yes, that means some rights will have to be suspended. And no that doesn't mean just the rights you don't mind seeing suspended.

IF we've officially declared war then that opens up a whole new slew of weapons that can be used agaist these assholes living in our country looking to harm us.

Right to bear arms? Sorry folks, something has to be done here. The asshole in Orlando had ZERO business owning a gun, you know that, I know that, but under current law there was exactly zero anyone could do about him having a gun, for God sakes he worked for a security company that contracts with the USG. How is that possible.

Let's be honest here, who goes in to buy an AR15 and needs it RIGHT THAT DAY? The answer , obviously, is no one that is not looking for trouble. I collect guns , I've never woke up and thought "I gotta have this gun right now TODAY", giving the government a week to interview you and make sure you aren't someone who shouldn't have a gun. Yes, that is a violation, too bad. We're at war.

If your church/synagogue/mosque is suspected of being involved in terrorism, yes it will be investigated, no warrant needed. Violation? Yes, too bad, we're at war.

I know for fact that the NSA has the technology to filter through social media sites looking for key words, currently that is done on a case by case basis based on a warrant. Expand that system to comb through ALL social media sites, without a warrant. Violation? Too bad, we're at war.

If you're caught taking part in planning, assisting, or abetting any act of terror (this includes such things as providing a gun to someone who legally can't buy a gun) we're at war and you just committed treason and apply the death penalty. Violation? Too bad.

Repeal posse Commitatus. We're at war ad the enemy is IN OUR COUNTRY.

Burning our flag? Treason.

Think we won WWII without giving up a few rights at home? And in that case the enemy wasn't even among us.

The Senate needs to do their job and declare war.

You cant persecute thought crimes. I mean, I totally get what you are saying... we just cant do that. That's called a "pandoras box" lol.
If I was the gun owner, I would never sell to someone that needed it "that day". But that's just me.
How do you declare war on an act or thought?
You seem willing to give up a lot of your civil rights for a security blanket that might not even work. Again, this isn't a nation or group of people or anything.

• Banned
No rights should be suspended out of fear. Grow a pair of nuts.

It's not fear. Take your childish tactics elsewhere. I put this in the CDZ for a reason.

i don't fear terrorism, I simply want it stopped.

And NOTHING I proposed was any more of a violation of rights than DUI check points are, and you tolerate those, proving that Americans can survive without having complete freedom to do anything they want.

It's not fear. Take your childish tactics elsewhere. I put this in the CDZ for a reason.

And NOTHING I proposed was any more of a violation of rights than DUI check points are, and you tolerate those, proving that Americans can survive without having complete freedom to do anything they want.

Who said I tolerate DUI checkpoints? How am I supposed to get home from the bar with the police hindering my passage? My kids can't just sleep in the back seat.

N
Burning our flag? Treason..

Frankly this lost your entire premise.

You claim this is about 'terrorism' and wanting to stop terrorism.

But then you want to charge anyone who burns our flag with treason.

Which has no relationship with terrorism- or treason.

Our homegrown Muslim terrorist murderers are not burning U.S. flags- they are trying to kill people.

You wanting to execute people for burning the flag just shows that this is about taking away rights- not making people safer.

Who said I tolerate DUI checkpoints? How am I supposed to get home from the bar with the police hindering my passage? My kids can't just sleep in the back seat.

That is when your kids should be driving........

No need to limit it to just Islamic terrorism, even though even the liberals know that 99.9% of terrorism is in fact inspired by Islam.

Yes, that means some rights will have to be suspended. And no that doesn't mean just the rights you don't mind seeing suspended.

IF we've officially declared war then that opens up a whole new slew of weapons that can be used agaist these assholes living in our country looking to harm us.

Right to bear arms? Sorry folks, something has to be done here. The asshole in Orlando had ZERO business owning a gun, you know that, I know that, but under current law there was exactly zero anyone could do about him having a gun, for God sakes he worked for a security company that contracts with the USG. How is that possible.

Let's be honest here, who goes in to buy an AR15 and needs it RIGHT THAT DAY? The answer , obviously, is no one that is not looking for trouble. I collect guns , I've never woke up and thought "I gotta have this gun right now TODAY", giving the government a week to interview you and make sure you aren't someone who shouldn't have a gun. Yes, that is a violation, too bad. We're at war.

If your church/synagogue/mosque is suspected of being involved in terrorism, yes it will be investigated, no warrant needed. Violation? Yes, too bad, we're at war.

I know for fact that the NSA has the technology to filter through social media sites looking for key words, currently that is done on a case by case basis based on a warrant. Expand that system to comb through ALL social media sites, without a warrant. Violation? Too bad, we're at war.

If you're caught taking part in planning, assisting, or abetting any act of terror (this includes such things as providing a gun to someone who legally can't buy a gun) we're at war and you just committed treason and apply the death penalty. Violation? Too bad.

Think we won WWII without giving up a few rights at home? And in that case the enemy wasn't even among us.

You are wrong. He slipped through the cracks. Advocating restricting gun ownership because one nut case muslim shoots one or a hundred people is not good reason to turn our constitution upside down.

Respectfully. Get a grip. We are Americans with rights. Stop using every tragedy as an excuse to make us weaker.

You can't declare war on a criminal activity such as terrorism any more than war can be declared on murder, theft, or fraud. Unless of course you are talking symbolically. It's not as if we weren't fighting it before.

99.9% of terrorism is in fact inspired by Islam.
Only if you disregard all other kinds of terrorism. Even then that would be a pretty wild claim.

Such as?

I agree with this. The premise at least.

They probably are being investigated if or when the place of worship is "suspected of being involved in terrorism."

Given the amount data that entails, I'm not sure it's feasible. If it is possible, you might catch a few people before they can do harm or become radicalized. You also need to remember terrorist organizations many times go low tech to plan and carry out their operations. How do you prevent law enforcement from using this method when investigating suspected criminal activities that are not terror related?

"...planning, assisting, or abetting" sounds rather vague. I give someone a quarter to get on the bus and he blows it up; am I guilty of treason? That also eliminates private gun sales and inheritances.

The military is not an investigative body. It won't be that good at apprehending criminals unless you are prepared to accept innocents getting caught up in the "crossfire." With a zero percent success rate at ending terrorism, you are looking at a permanent deployment of US troops on American soil. The military would be stretched too thin to be effective anyhow. It also makes the armed forces less effective against external threats. I guess you could make military service compulsory and declare permanent martial law in order to relieve some of the strain.

How does that make you safe? I assume you wouldn't charge those responsible for proper flag disposal with treason.

Terrorism and its results lead to fearful emotions and knee jerk reactions that harm the decision making process. That is the intent. Turning the United States into a military/police state only benefits terrorists. If changing the landscape of American society to resemble Nazi Germany is the answer then it might just be time to pack up and move somewhere that really appreciates freedom... like Pyongyang.

You can't declare war on a criminal activity such as terrorism any more than war can be declared on murder, theft, or fraud. Unless of course you are talking symbolically. It's not as if we weren't fighting it before.

Only if you disregard all other kinds of terrorism. Even then that would be a pretty wild claim.

Such as?

They probably are being investigated if or when the place of worship is "suspected of being involved in terrorism."

Given the amount data that entails, I'm not sure it's feasible. If it is possible, you might catch a few people before they can do harm or become radicalized. You also need to remember terrorist organizations many times go low tech to plan and carry out their operations. How do you prevent law enforcement from using this method when investigating suspected criminal activities that are not terror related?

"...planning, assisting, or abetting" sounds rather vague. I give someone a quarter to get on the bus and he blows it up; am I guilty of treason? That also eliminates private gun sales and inheritances.

The military is not an investigative body. It won't be that good at apprehending criminals unless you are prepared to accept innocents getting caught up in the "crossfire." With a zero percent success rate at ending terrorism, you are looking at a permanent deployment of US troops on American soil. The military would be stretched too thin to be effective anyhow. It also makes the armed forces less effective against external threats. I guess you could make military service compulsory and declare permanent martial law in order to relieve some of the strain.

How does that make you safe? I assume you wouldn't charge those in charge of proper flag disposal with treason.

Terrorism and its results lead to fearful emotions and knee jerk reactions that harm the decision making process. That is the intent. Turning the United States into a military/police state only benefits terrorists. If changing the landscape of American society to resemble Nazi Germany is the answer then it might just be time to pack up and move somewhere that really appreciates freedom... like Pyongyang.

I stopped reading at "you don't declare war on criminal activity"

That's the ENTIRE fucking problem, we're treating this as a criminal activity, when it is not, it is WAR. They mean to destroy our entire nation. Do you not get that?

Such as?

How does that make you safe? I assume you wouldn't charge those in charge of proper flag disposal with treason.

I stopped reading at "you don't declare war on criminal activity"

That's the ENTIRE fucking problem, we're treating this as a criminal activity, when it is not, it is WAR. They mean to destroy our entire nation. Do you not get that?
And you have the gall to lambast people for "childish tactics." Might as well move this to the flame zone.

This thread is pathetic. OP is a moron.

Move, please. Not the thread -- telling the OP to leave the country.

Neil_deGrasse_Tyson___neiltyson____Twitter-650x255.jpg

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-- Benjamin Franklin; from Reply to the Governor (Nov. 11, 1755)

Forum List

Back