Tim Tebow And His Wingback Jesus On Trading Block

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos’ leadership math - Post Leadership - The Washington Post

You can’t blame the Denver Broncos for hiring Peyton Manning. No matter how many games Tim Tebow won for the Broncos late in the fourth quarter, no matter how many tickets he sold thanks to Tebowmania, no matter how many selfless things he said or Bible verses he put on his eye black, the former Indianapolis Colts star is the better quarterback. When you have the opportunity to bring in a four-time MVP to replace someone who has talent but is no sure thing, you do it.

But now that Manning has landed in Denver, barring any unexpected obstacles, many expect Tebow to be traded. And despite last season’s Tebowmania, there’s not much excitement about his prospects. Former NFL general manager Charley Casserly told USA Today he’d “be surprised if [Tebow] went for much better than a fifth rounder.” Some sports pundits are saying they don’t think a single team will come calling.

Speaking of wing nuts, how's it hangin' asswipe??
Still pretending that you served your country honorably in the Army, or is telling that lie even getting old to you?

Still pretending that you served your country honorably in the Army, or is telling that lie even getting old to you?

Began as paper boy in 1944...I was nine years old. Pay $3.60 per week

Began to mow lawns in 1946. I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week during summers

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen
went in debt for my first car before I was able to legally drive it

Began working at a full service garage when I was barely sixteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers...$0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift...Pay $1.71 per hour

Worked five years and was drafted into the army infantry Pay...$73 per month

Returned in 1959 and continued my job as process operator pay $3.10 per hour
The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was laid off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in C T and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days and no overtime

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration. We installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP 2/4. We later upgraded to a 4.

25 years later I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did complete an electronics school which lasted about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six well spaced outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine, a new F150 Ford pickup with Ecoboost and she drives a 2009 Lincoln Towncar. Everything we have is paid for and neither of us has ever touched our 401K's(rolled to IRA's now).

Dontcha' go feeling sorry for me.

Last edited:
Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos’ leadership math - Post Leadership - The Washington Post

You can’t blame the Denver Broncos for hiring Peyton Manning. No matter how many games Tim Tebow won for the Broncos late in the fourth quarter, no matter how many tickets he sold thanks to Tebowmania, no matter how many selfless things he said or Bible verses he put on his eye black, the former Indianapolis Colts star is the better quarterback. When you have the opportunity to bring in a four-time MVP to replace someone who has talent but is no sure thing, you do it.

But now that Manning has landed in Denver, barring any unexpected obstacles, many expect Tebow to be traded. And despite last season’s Tebowmania, there’s not much excitement about his prospects. Former NFL general manager Charley Casserly told USA Today he’d “be surprised if [Tebow] went for much better than a fifth rounder.” Some sports pundits are saying they don’t think a single team will come calling.

Indeed. Broncos will be a killer team in a couple years if Manning stays healthy. Look at how far they got with a mediocre QB...with Manning tossing the ball?? Superbowl win is a matter of when not if.

As for Tebow...who knows. I would say he might get a bid from one of the bottom feeders looking for some notoriety.

Indeed. Broncos will be a killer team in a couple years if Manning stays healthy. Look at how far they got with a mediocre QB...with Manning tossing the ball?? Superbowl win is a matter of when not if.

As for Tebow...who knows. I would say he might get a bid from one of the bottom feeders looking for some notoriety.

What about Jesus.....1st or 2nd round

What about Jesus.....1st or 2nd round

Keep Jesus out of my football.:evil:

Began as paper boy in 1944...I was nine years old. Pay $3.60 per week

Began to mow lawns in 1946. I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week during summers

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen
went in debt for my first car before I was able to legally drive it

Began working at a full service garage when I was barely sixteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers...$0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift...Pay $1.71 per hour

Worked five years and was drafted into the army infantry Pay...$73 per month

Returned in 1959 and continued my job as process operator pay $3.10 per hour
The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was laid off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in C T and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days and no overtime

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration. We installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP 2/4. We later upgraded to a 4.

25 years later I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did complete an electronics school which lasted about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six well spaced outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine, a new F150 Ford pickup with Ecoboost and she drives a 2009 Lincoln Towncar. Everything we have is paid for and neither of us has ever touched our 401K's(rolled to IRA's now).

Dontcha' go feeling sorry for me.
Right on cue aren't you? Who cares.

You are correct. That is as long as manning can keep from being injured. The Broncos have an excellent Defense and if Manning stays healthy he could take them all the way. It was a good move on the Bronco's part.

Of course, we now know that that isn't true.

Forum List

Back