You're Blessed.................I'm Lucky

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Thing is I'm 77 years old and have been in near perfect health all my life. With a high school education I retired after 41 years working for the same company and moved to a 4br brick rancher on the lake. I have a dock, pontoon boat, irrigation system, two storage buildings, a small scuppernong vineyard, a $9,000 garden tractor, a new F150 truck and my wife who is 15 years younger than I drives a 2009 Lincoln Towncar. Everything I have is paid for and we have money in the bank and two IRA's which haven't been touched.

Two of my three children have masters degrees and the other one is a project manager for the DOE earning six figures. My eight grandchildren and one great grandchild are healthy and smart.

I served in the military and spent six years in the TN national guards and discharged as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank. When I was born during the depression the life expectancy for a White male in the U S was 61 years. The way I see it I'll take luck over your blessing anytime.

Last edited:
How do you know you aren't blessed, too? If you were, would you know it necessarily?

I served in the military and spent six years in the TN national guards and discharged as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank. When I was born during the depression the life expectancy for a White male in the U S was 61 years. The way I see it I'll take luck over your blessing anytime.

You were discharged after you were caught down on your knees blowing Soldiers behind the commissary dumpster, you asswiping liar.

And commiebell keeps trying to push the cover identity.

mmmmmm.... ass-troturf.

You were discharged after you were caught down on your knees blowing Soldiers behind the commissary dumpster, you asswiping liar.

Well, since you have no knowledge to base that statement on, I don't think he's the liar here.

As for your rather interesting adjective, isn't wiping one's ass now and then, e.g. after taking a crap, a good idea, compared to NOT wiping it? Just sayin' . . .

Well, since you have no knowledge to base that statement on, I don't think he's the liar here.

Thanks for your input, asswipe.

All right, I admit I could be wrong.

If, for example, he gave YOU a blow job. Then you'd know. Is that the way it worked? Did you bugger him, too? And at least give him the courtesy of a reach-around?

Thing is I'm 77 years old and have been in near perfect health all my life. With a high school education I retired after 41 years working for the same company and moved to a 4br brick rancher on the lake. I have a dock, pontoon boat, irrigation system, two storage buildings, a small scuppernong vineyard, a $9,000 garden tractor, a new F150 truck and my wife who is 15 years younger than I drives a 2009 Lincoln Towncar. Everything I have is paid for and we have money in the bank and two IRA's which haven't been touched.

Two of my three children have masters degrees and the other one is a project manager for the DOE earning six figures. My eight grandchildren and one great grandchild are healthy and smart.

What an inspirational and positive post. You have worked hard, made wise choices and earned your life. Please remember though that, "luck is the residue of design." You have designed well. :)

Still spouting the same old bull, shutup.

some people are just jelous of your success Cammmpbell.

You are lucky as hell, luck needs proding and you proded it well

How do you know you aren't blessed, too? If you were, would you know it necessarily?

One reason is that I DO NOT believe in "THE LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!"

John 14

6) Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

I don't believe in ghosts either.....holy or otherwise

Last edited:

Neither do I, but that doesn't stop me from being blessed.

Anyway, setting any particular religious doctrine aside and just dealing with the general idea, if you were blessed, would you necessarily know it?

John 14

6) Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

I don't believe in ghosts either.....holy or otherwise

And that is your right.... which I completely support. The pity of it is that you cannot bring yourself to support the right of others to believe differently.

Neither do I, but that doesn't stop me from being blessed.

Anyway, setting any particular religious doctrine aside and just dealing with the general idea, if you were blessed, would you necessarily know it?

Blessed by who and for what

I've had retired friends during the last two years to pray for a good outcome on a colonoscopy and after they received it to tell everyone how blessed they are. I have also had three associates or friends whose prayers were not answered and who were obviously not blessed. I went to their wakes.

Oh....by the way, they're in heaven. At least that's what the preachers said. I've been to as many as 100 Christian funerals during my adult life and not once did the preacher(s) fail to tell everyone that they were in heaven. Is it really that easy.........are trips to heaven really that plentiful

Matthew 7

14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to heaven, and only a few will find it.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me that there is a prayer for everyone and everything. Like that old Russian Jewish prayer:

"Lord bless and keep the czar.... far away from us!"

This thread reminds me that there is a prayer for everyone and everything. Like that old Russian Jewish prayer:

"Lord bless and keep the czar.... far away from us!"

Real Intelligent.........................NOT!!

Forum List

Back