Tim Cook on gay marriage. Business and morality

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Apple CEO Tim Cook posts op-ed blasting new laws

Tim Cook is Apple's CEO. Barack Obama is our country's president. You have a right to disagree with Mr. Obama when you feel doing so. But for some reason - still unknown to me - everybody takes Cook's words for granted. As if he were some kind of Messiah.
Business should be doing business. What these people care after all? Getting your and my money. There is no doubt he wants to sell his company's products to as many consumers as possible, whether they are gay, black or illegal immigrants.
Business is amoral and we should not listen to it when it comes to solving moral puzzles.

Apple CEO Tim Cook posts op-ed blasting new laws

Tim Cook is Apple's CEO. Barack Obama is our country's president. You have a right to disagree with Mr. Obama when you feel doing so. But for some reason - still unknown to me - everybody takes Cook's words for granted. As if he were some kind of Messiah.
Business should be doing business. What these people care after all? Getting your and my money. There is no doubt he wants to sell his company's products to as many consumers as possible, whether they are gay, black or illegal immigrants.
Business is amoral and we should not listen to it when it comes to solving moral puzzles.
Everyone has an opinion, and many have an agenda. Some get national attention, and some don't. Some have a platform to get their message out, and some don't. If Mr. Cook was just John Q. Public, who would make his opinion national news? No one makes my opinion national news. Do you have the same platform to speak from as Mr. Cook? Certainly not. I wonder how many members of USMB are quoted in the media every day?

Forum List

Back